What's new

SOTD Week May 4 - 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD 5/8/2015

Hot Shower / Cold Water Shave / Glycerin Face Lather & rinse / Noxzema pre
Gillette Aristocrat #15 | Astra SP (1) | Penhaligon's English Fern Shave Bowl/Soap | DeRuiter "F1" WD HM Badger | Alum | Penhaligon's English Fern EDT

Have a Good Day Gents!

proxy.php

SOTD 5/8/2015

Hot Shower / Cold Water Shave / Glycerin Face Lather & rinse / Noxzema pre
Gillette Aristocrat #15 | Astra SP (1) | Penhaligon's English Fern Shave Bowl/Soap | DeRuiter "F1" WD HM Badger | Alum | Penhaligon's English Fern EDT

Have a Good Day Gents!

http://i.imgur.com/K0o9MXl.jpg?1

Cool photo today Dave. I really like your Spirit Of St. Louis Wireless Radio! During my one and only trip to Washington DC I got to see The Spirit Of St. Louis at Smithsonian’s National Air and Space Museum. That was a great experience!

Last edited:
$0508d.jpg

Muhle R41 w/ Kronos handle & Feather blade
“Remembering Sue” B&B Omega Blonde Boar Shaving Brush
Fine Stoneware Lather Bowl
Tabac Original Shave Soap
Tabac a/s Lotion

SOTD, Friday, May 8th, 2015

Shower + Musgo Glyce face lather and rinse
Trumper's GFT shave cream
Shavemac badger brush
Solingen 5/8" straight razor
Cool washcloth rinse
Thayer's witch hazel aftershave
Knize Ten cologne

Wishing everyone a great Mother's Day weekend!

proxy.php

Cool photo today Dave. I really like your Spirit Of St. Louis Wireless Radio! During my one and only trip to Washington DC I got to see The Spirit Of St. Louis at Smithsonian’s National Air and Space Museum. That was a great experience!

Thanks Phil, Mom gave it to me when I got my pilots license, when I was 16, plus I am a huge Jimmy Stewart fan. I have the phone too, these have followed me around all these years LOL

Last edited:
Valet/Feather, Wolf Whiskers Synthetic, Mickey Lee Soapworks Kraken, Brut, Stag Talc...Have a Great Weekend Gents!

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 98
$Fili EPBD4.jpg

Filarmonica EPBD
Thiers Issard Horn ST
Mystic Water - Orange Vanilla
Captain's Choice Bay Rum AS
LAB AS
L'eau D'issey Intense

Fine blade, brush, soap, shave, sunshine = fine day

Last edited:
It was cold and wet here today in my part of the UK so I went with,

Cobra Classic, Feather Pro Blade, New Forest Tubby, Tabac Stick,
Aloe Vera & Lucky Tigre Post Shave Cream, Tabac AS,
Royal Crown and Brylcreem, combed through with a Kent T9.

$SOD 8.5.15.jpg

SOTD 5-8-15

Razor: ATT H1 plate with MR1 handle
Blade: Astra SP (3)
Soap: Arko stick
Bowl: VDH
Brush: VDH Boar

Preshave was just face wash with warm water and post shave was rinse with warm water then some cold water splashes and pat dry, then apply the alum block

Razor: I used the H1 again and really liking it! It is some what aggressive but also smooth and easy enough to use!

Blade: This is a very good blade and one of my main go-to's so no issues at all!

Soap: I like Arko, it never fails to give me a great lather with protection for my shave. Today was no exception on my two pass shave with some touch up as I just wet my face, then rub the stick on it and lather it up with the brush, repeat for second pass. No issues at all with it!

Comments: Shave was very good and very close, I get a DFS each time with the H1. No nicks or irritation based on the Alum block. Another great shave today!

Please feel free to leave comments on any items used as I enjoy reading them to see what others say about the gear I am using/trying out! Of course, YMMV!

Thx.

Attachments

• $SOTD_050815.jpg
    $SOTD_050815.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 86
Prep - Shower / Pre-lather / 3 min steam towel
Razor - Gillette Fatboy
Blade - Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Stainless Green (#3)
Brush - Omega 20106
Soap - Arko with Menthol Crystals
After - Frozen towel / Alum & WH Mix
Result - BBS

Like going to dinner with a good friend, an evenings pleasure with the Fatboy. I got some menthol crystals to add to the old dependable Arko. How'd it go? Well put it like this, from here on I shall be referring to them by their proper name - MENTAL crystals!
I realise that first time, I may have slightly over estimated the amount to add but I think walking through a room that they're in, would be suffice. It is most likely akin to jumping from a great height into sub zero saltwater after first having your facial skin removed with a hatchet!
So to the blade, I've been very impressed with these, very comfortable and forgiving but after three shaves, I'm not sure number four would be as good, better safe than sorry.
One thing I'd neglected to mention previously though, was that it seemed to catch on the silo doors of my Slim Adjustable when I took it out. The same thing happened tonight. I don't believe I've found this with any other blade, perhaps someone may shed some light as to a possible reason? Won't detract from the shave though, very smooth results.
One of my favourite parts of my routine is the frozen towel I use after shaving. I keep it on for somewhere between thirty seconds and a minute. Anyone familiar with it may attest to the feeling after taking it off. The blood very quickly rushes into the area to heat the skin again, bringing oxygen with it.
I'd swear this helps healing, but regardless, it feels amazing!
Tonight was ever so slightly different to the norm. The mental crystals magnified the effect of the big freeze, in much the same way an afterburner magnifies thrust!
The results speak for themselves though, a ridiculously smooth, irritation-free face, like running your finger along wet rubber.
It may not sound like it but I highly recommend it......just don't turn the dial up to eleven!

Good Evening gents. Just a quick note, and I hope I speak for Celestino as well. You may have noticed that many of us post thank you messages, comments, and list the names of all who have placed pictures each day. It got me to thinking (I know a scary thought), that we may have been remiss in thanking ALL of you for your contribution to this forum, whether that be in photographs or the text of your daily set up.

So as the one of the new stewards, I just wanted to take this moment and THANK ALL OF YOU for your contributions each and every day. Even though we may only list those on our comments that post photos, please know that we appreciate you taking the time to share your set-up and shave for the day via text posting as well. As ALL the posts make this one of the finest parts of Badger & Blade

Just thought that needed to be said.

Cheers Gents!

Last edited:
Well said Dave. My Thanks as well to everyone for making this a fun forum.

Friday morning

Semogue 2000
Proraso sandalwood soap
11/16 Puma Special 95
Cold water rinse

$image.jpg

Hi Gents: Hope all is well with you and your families. I always enjoy visiting this section of the forum. It makes me happy.:laugh:

WARHAWK

Thursday, May 7, 2015 SOTD (last night)

ATT S1 & BRW Bull Mastiff Deluxe Handle

Treet Platinum

Catie's Bubbles: Un Jour Gris

Thater 4125

Ice cube rub, refrigerated WH, refrigerated FINE Fresh Vetiver

Last night's SOTD was absolutely relaxing. It was so good that I slept like a baby.:laugh:

proxy.php

WARHAWK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom