What's new

SOTD Tabula Gratulatoria - November 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
This is my first SOTD

Hot shower + hjm 'La Habana' + La Toja spanish soap :001_wub: + Rotbart Mond Extra 15 + Gillette Super Thin + Old Spice AS

proxy.php

First SOTD shot? It's very, very beautiful mate. :w00t: And welcome to B&B's finest forum. Oops! :oops: Don't tell the other Stewards... :001_tt2:

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Pre-Shave: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson Chubby 1
Razor: C.V. Heljestrand MK32
Strop: 40/60 Neil Miller Linen/English Bridle
Soap: Valobra stick
After shave: 444/Floïd Suave
Results: Getting ready for the annual Christmas party at work, or "Julebord" (Christmas table :))as we call it. The MK combined with Valobra gave a marvellous BBS shave, and with the 444/Floïd to finnish it up I'm ready for some good food and drinks
proxy.php

proxy.php

This pic is super cool, Rune! :001_cool:

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Here's to my first SOTD after all the other inspiring pics I've seen in this thread and the past.

For today's Friday Shave was:

Pre-Shave: Proraso Pre Dopo
Razor: Muhle R-41 loaded w/ Personna Blue
Brush: Semogue 2011 LE FBadger 1 #79
Shaving Cream: Custom Al Raz's "El Tangerino" Bomb
ASB: Custom Al Raz's "El Tangerino" Sample

Ended with a BBS shave and its going to be a great day

View attachment 203881

Happy Friday to All!

A stunning picture, Bali!

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Brush: 24mm Shavemac D01 Silvertip Badger
Razor: 13/16" Geo. Wostenholm "Original Pipe Razor", Full Hollow Ground, Spike Point (w/ Blue Paua scales)
Edge refresh: 5 (light) laps on CrOx-treated Premium IV Leather
Strop: 0/60 laps (Ambrose Horsehide Clásico strop)
Soapreme: Al's "Almond" Shave Creme + RazoRock Italian Master Barber Ltd Ed Shave Soap + Glycerin
Toner: Thayer's Witch Hazel (Rose, no alcohol)
After Shave/Cologne Splash: Floïd Italian Blue
After Shave Balm: RazoRock AS Wax
Results: A magnificent shave this AM with the Wosty :thumbsup:. Hadn't shaved since Wednesday and this blade made absolutely no issue of the rough growth...The prep was a combination of Al's new soap soap/creme and the RazoRock Ltd Ed soap - two top notch products:001_wub:. The lather just exploded out of the scuttle and the pure almond scent was a tantalizing delight to the senses. The glide was nothing short of outstanding as was the cushion, moistness and longevity
proxy.php
. Everything in life should work out this good. I should be receiving my Thäter brush later today...Off to make this Friday count and finish the week strong.

proxy.php

TGIF brothers...Have an OUTSTANDING end of the week
proxy.php

A "regular" masterpiece... What we expect (and always get) from Robert! :wink2:

Ok, here's my first SOTD pic, after enjoying these for quite sometime. While my photo chops are decent, I still haven't gotten into the Zen of bathroom shooting just yet.

Muhle R89, Gillette 7 O'Clock / D.R. Harris Arlington / Simpson Duke 3 Best / Pinaud Clubman

$DSC_4627.jpg

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Ok, here's my first SOTD pic, after enjoying these for quite sometime. While my photo chops are decent, I still haven't gotten into the Zen of bathroom shooting just yet.

Muhle R89, Gillette 7 O'Clock / D.R. Harris Arlington / Simpson Duke 3 Best / Pinaud Clubman

View attachment 203916

Nando, the Tabula Gratulatoria is the place here in the SOTD forum where we ONLY comment, give opinions, ask questions, etc. on the shots posted every day in the SOTD forum. Hence the shots do NOT have to be posted here, but in the weekly SOTD thread. Keep in mind for your next pic! And, by the way, this one looks amazing!

Last edited:
Brush: Simpson Chubby 1
Razor: C.V. Heljestrand MK32
Strop: 40/60 Neil Miller Linen/English Bridle
Soap: Valobra stick
After shave: 444/Floïd Suave
Results: Getting ready for the annual Christmas party at work, or "Julebord" (Christmas table :))as we call it. The MK combined with Valobra gave a marvellous BBS shave, and with the 444/Floïd to finnish it up I'm ready for some good food and drinks
proxy.php

proxy.php

Acca kappa~canchubby finest / Dovo tortoise / Castle Forbes limes+balsamo speick

proxy.php

Brush: 24mm Shavemac D01 Silvertip Badger
Razor: 13/16" Geo. Wostenholm "Original Pipe Razor", Full Hollow Ground, Spike Point (w/ Blue Paua scales)
Edge refresh: 5 (light) laps on CrOx-treated Premium IV Leather
Strop: 0/60 laps (Ambrose Horsehide Clásico strop)
Soapreme: Al's "Almond" Shave Creme + RazoRock Italian Master Barber Ltd Ed Shave Soap + Glycerin
Toner: Thayer's Witch Hazel (Rose, no alcohol)
After Shave/Cologne Splash: Floïd Italian Blue
After Shave Balm: RazoRock AS Wax
Results: A magnificent shave this AM with the Wosty :thumbsup:. Hadn't shaved since Wednesday and this blade made absolutely no issue of the rough growth...The prep was a combination of Al's new soap soap/creme and the RazoRock Ltd Ed soap - two top notch products:001_wub:. The lather just exploded out of the scuttle and the pure almond scent was a tantalizing delight to the senses. The glide was nothing short of outstanding as was the cushion, moistness and longevity
proxy.php
. Everything in life should work out this good. I should be receiving my Thäter brush later today...Off to make this Friday count and finish the week strong.

proxy.php

TGIF brothers...Have an OUTSTANDING end of the week
proxy.php

Friday, 2.XII.2011

Predopobarba Proraso
Semogue 1993
Mühle Sea Buckthorn soap
Mühle R89
Personna Red Pack
Thayers Witch Hazel lavender
Institut Karité Baume Après Rasage

proxy.php

SOTD:-
Feather AS-D1 (w Astra SS blade)
Omega 6551
MWF shave soap
Lucido ASL

View attachment 203849

Friday

Japanese rice bowl
Semogue Caravela
Thin Handled Gillette Tech with Red Personna

Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap
Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur After Shave Lotion

Have a nice day, Gentlemen :001_smile

proxy.php

proxy.php

HARDWARE:
The Cobra Classic = Something Between a Safety & Straight Razor (Made in the USA).
Feather Professional PB 20 Blade.
Simpson's (Somerset) Emperor E2 - 2 band.

SOFTWARE:

Bath & Soul - Peppermint & Hemp Seed (Made in Australian) Very Nice Creamy Lather !!!
Myrsol Blue After Shave (Made in Spain).

Have a Nice Friday !

Eelco

13/16 Nichiri "Rikishia", Full Hollow Ground, Square Point
Imperial Shave Pegasus III Strop
GB Kent BK4 Silvertip
La Toja Jabon de Afeitar Stick
Alum Block
Spanish Floid Mentolado Suave
Dior Fahrenheit EdT

proxy.php

Razor: Toyo Hashimoto Special
Über: RazoRock XXX + GFT Limes
Brush: Shavemac
Toner: Thayers Lavender
ASB: Sabon
EdT: Guerlain Derby (Vintage)​

proxy.php

Result: There's a new horse in the stable and she is quite a beauty! This Toyo arrived yesterday, and I wasted no times introducing it to some fine Japanese rocks! I set the bevel on the 1k Chosera then progressed through the 5k and 10k Choseras. With a nice shiny bevel, it then took a few turns around the block on my Oozuku Suita using a nagura progression (ボタン、天上、コマ and 中山のともなぐら). I finished it with 10 laps on CrOx.

The shave today was simply marvelous! The Toyo took a very smooth edge and it was a ninja blade as it silently assassinated any whisker it found. The lather was equally nice. I don't often use the GFT, but it's lime scent paired perfectly with the citrus of the XXX. I was left with a well hydrated and very smooth face! The piece de resistance today was the scent that Luca Turin calls "one of the ten best masculines of all time." If you can ever get the original vintage version of it, do so!

It's been a great week of shaves, gentlemen, thank you all!​

proxy.php

Shave Soap AoS Sandawood // Merkur Progress // Shavemac D01 2-band // Thayers // TOBS Sandalwood

GFT Coco~simpsons chubby2 / Dorko / Julia

proxy.php

Thursday

Ikea bowl
Semogue Owners Club, cherry wood
Gillette Slim adjustable (1966) with Lord Super Stainless

T&H Sandalwood Aftershave Balm

Have a nice day, Gentlemen :001_smile
proxy.php

Henckels Friodur 17 1/2, Semogue 1305, Comptoir des savonniers, Royall Bay Rhum

proxy.php

Good morning friends!

PREP: Floïd Sandolor Pre Shave Gel
BRUSH: 27 mm SIMPSON Polo PL10 Best Badger
SOAP/CREAM: Madame Scodioli - Fiji Mermaid (The Briny Deep)
RAZOR: 7/8" Max Sprecher custom, 1/4 Hollow Ground, French Point, w/ Cobaltium M3 Mokume Gane scales + G10 Hunter Orange tapered wedge.
SHAVE: 2 passes, WTG / XTG
AS: Geo F. Trumper Lime SkinFood
COLOGNE: Aqua Di Parma Colonia Intensa
RESULT: This fantastic razor, - my first Max Sprecher custom - arrived yesterday from Max. "Spectacular shave with a piece of art." Not only beautiful, but it's very sharp and very good balance too. I'll really love it. THANKS MAX!

proxy.php

Have a nice day,
Béla​

Thursday, 1.Dez.2011

Predopobarba Proraso
Semogue 1305
Lavanda new formulation
Mühle R89
Personna Red Pack
Thayers Witch Hazel lavender
Institut Karité Baume Après Rasage

proxy.php

• Pre: Lather on face.
  • Shaving soap: Martin De Candre.
  • Shaving brush: TGN 2-band.
  • Razor : 13/16 Dovo.
  • Strop: Illinois #827, Ambrose Caballo.
  • Honing: Chosera 1k, 1-2-3-4-6-8-10-16-30k Shapton GS, CrOx and 0.25 CBN. (yes slightly crazy) :D
proxy.php

By blix72 at 2011-11-30

Got this great Dovo from John (johnmrson), he got a bunch of NOS blades a while back and put this great 13/16 in some nice scales for me at a great price. It took an exceptional edge, one of my best shaves to date!

Brush: Simpson Chubby1
Razor: Hamburg Ring 13/16
Honing Regimen: Naniwa SS 1-3-8-12K-CrOx
Strop: 100/100 Neil Miller Linen/English Bridle
Soap: Tabac
After shave: Tabac ASB
Results: Another new razor, finished the scales few hours ago, and straight from the hones to shaving (Just a little photo session first). Nice and smooth shave, could have been a little bit sharper by my taste, but not enough to rush back to the stones, I'll just take care of it next time I got something to hone.

proxy.php

Tuesday

Omega - Semogue 610 - 6/8 Revisor - TOBS Victorian Limes

proxy.php

Wednesday

Omega - Zebrawood Silvertip - Henkotsu Kamisori - TOBS Original AS

proxy.php

Shave Soap EJ Aloe // Brush Canica Custom Finest 24mm // Bull Mastiff // Thayers // Balm EJ Aloe //

proxy.php

proxy.php

Tuesday's Shower and Shave;
Hot Shower
Brush;Parker Badger
Soap;MWF
Razor;Gillette Fat Handle Tech
Blade;Voskhod
Three passes, warm water rinse, cold water splash, Kapo.
A very excellent DFS.

Great photos and gear Gents!

It's abalone week!:001_smile:thumbup1: And Max has done it again!:thumbup1: Great blade, great shave, bloody marvellous, Robert!:a14:

A "regular" masterpiece... What we expect (and always get) from Robert! :wink2:

Great photos and gear Gents!

Thank you Gentlemen:001_smile

This is my first SOTD

Hot shower + hjm 'La Habana' + La Toja spanish soap
001_wub.gif
+ Rotbart Mond Extra 15 + Gillette Super Thin + Old Spice AS

Welcome to SOTD
thumbup1.gif
thumbup1.gif

My 1st SOTD post. Today was my pinning for graduating Nursing school so I wanted a damn fine shave to look good and feel good.

-Shower
-Face lathered a BEA shave stick
-Rooney 2/1 is Super
-Gillette long comb NEW with my Big Boy/Big Fellow hybrid handle, my favorite handle.
-Personna "hospital use" blade
-Lilac witch hazel
...and that's it.

I usually use my "high end" stuff for special occasion shaves but today I just wanted to use what I know would result in an excellent shave.

Damn fine shave!

Welcome to SOTD and congratulations on this momentous occasion
thumbup1.gif
thumbup1.gif

Last edited:
You must be trying to finish that MWF up, are you, Soren? It's been used regularly this past week. But when a soap is that good, I don't mind repetition either. Excellent shot, my friend!:thumbup1:

Thank you.

And yes, I am now on a quest :biggrin1:
Initially I just wanted to use the same soap when comparing the Semogue 2011 LE's, and then I just thought it might be a good idea to use it up.
Planning on doing that to a couple of soaps/creams - a little more space in the shave-den is always welcome :001_smile

Thank you.

And yes, I am now on a quest :biggrin1:
Initially I just wanted to use the same soap when comparing the Semogue 2011 LE's, and then I just thought it might be a good idea to use it up.
Planning on doing that to a couple of soaps/creams - a little more space in the shave-den is always welcome :001_smile

You mean to be able to buy more, I am sure, Soren:wink2:

Saturday

Proshave Scuttle
Semogue Owners Club
Semogue 2011 LE, bristle 1
5/8" Zepp

D.R. Harris Arlington Aftershave Milk
D.R. Harris Arlington Cologne

Have a nice Saturday, Gentlemen :001_smile

proxy.php

Very nice, my friend!:thumbup1: