What's new

SOTD Tabula Gratulatoria - November 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the reflections, Keith, and how do you find the brush?

The reflections were pretty much an accident. I hadn't planned on it showing the Myrsol name in the blade but once I saw it I knew I had to include it in the picture.

The brush was definitely worth the wait. A good sized knot, nice amount of backbone and pretty soft tips. The negative I would say about the brush is that the hair is dyed, as I prefer the look of the undyed boar hair.

​
proxy.php

Very elegantly done, Zee.:thumbup1: Just love that brush:001_tt1:

A long hot shower this morning.
I chose the Omega 48 to lather Benton Clay, as always it did a stupendous job of lathering.
Today was the fourth day for the Fat Boy (dialed at #5) loaded with the "Black Ninja".
I have have impressed with this combo and how great the shaves have been.
After a great three pass shave I had a warm water rinse. Then a North Pole splash. Crowned the shave with Colonia.
Summary a DFS.
22 DAYS TILL CHRISTMAS, MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL.
:santa:

What a glorious shot! Love it!!!:001_tt1::thumbup1:

Razor: Wacker
Brush: Wee Scot
Soap: TFS (Blue)
EdT: MPG Route du Vetiver
proxy.php

A simple and effective single pass after the gym. This was my first time with the TFS soap and it worked a peach! Great Saturday of shaves, gentlemen!

Gym?? What's one of those??:lol::lol: An adorable pic you have here, Bill!:thumbup1:

Good morning friends!
PREP: Proraso Preshave Cream
BRUSH: 23 mm Shavemac, Finest Badger ("Gut-rasiert" forum / 2011)
SOAP/CREAM: Mama Bear's Caribbean Glycerin Shave Soap
RAZOR: 7/8" Max Sprecher custom, 1/4 Hollow Ground, French Point, w/ Cobaltium M3 Mokume Gane scales + G10 Hunter Orange tapered wedge.
SHAVE: 2 passes, WTG / XTG
AS: CLINIQUE skin supplies for men
COLOGNE: CLINIQUE happy for men
RESULT: Max custom again: "Spectacular shave with a piece of art."

proxy.php

Have a nice week,
Béla​

That straight is a real beauty, Bela. I am so jealous!:a7::lol::lol::lol:

Sunday

Music
Nat King Cole - The Ultimate Collection

Hardware
Bukhave Scuttle
Semogue Owners Club
Semogue 2011 LE, bristle 2
proxy.php

6/8" Joh. Engström

Software
Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap
Floïd Suave After Shave
Ferrari Passion EdT

I wish you a nice and relaxing Sunday, Gentlemen :001_smile

proxy.php

Double the pleasure for a sunday, eh, Soren??:thumbup1: Nice shave and pic.:001_smile

Pre-Shave: Hot shower
Brush: 26mm Rudy Vey Custom TGN Grade A Silvertip Badger w/ Buckeye Burl Handle
Razor: 7/8" Alex Jacques, Wedge, French Point (w/ Black & Tan G10 scales)
Strop: 15/65 laps (Ambrose Horsehide Clásico strop)
Soapreme: Trumper's "Violet" Shave Creme + Trumper's "Rose" Shave Soap + Glycerin
Toner: Thayer's Witch Hazel (Rose, no alcohol)
After Shave/Cologne Splash: Floïd Italian Blue
After Shave Balm: Sabon
Cologne: Creed "Original Santal" EdT
Results: My Thäter brush was to arrive on Friday via USPS, then it changed to yesterday and as of yet, nothing
proxy.php
. Let's see if Monday will be any different. Gotta love the reliability of "efficiently" run government programs
proxy.php
(classic case of left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing). However, my ritual today was anything but...What a start to this beautiful Sunday with a super relaxing shave. I must say that despite everything life throws at us, it's times like these that remind me that it's great to be a man :thumbsup:. The AJ delivered magnificently and the überlather was exceptional to say the least :001_wub:. 2 days of growth wiped to oblivion in no time. My skin feels super soft and smooth, not to mention moisturized
proxy.php

proxy.php

Have an OUTSTANDING Sunday guys
proxy.php

Robert, that AJ would not look out of place in a martial arts collection!:w00t: But a real pleaser I bet! Hope the brush arrives tomorrow.....we have the same thing in the UK, but it's called the Royal Mail!:mad3:

Robert, that AJ would not look out of place in a martial arts collection!:w00t: But a real pleaser I bet! Hope the brush arrives tomorrow.....we have the same thing in the UK, but it's called the Royal Mail!:mad3:

Thank you David and she is a real pleaser :001_smile... And what do you get when you combine USPS with Royal Mail :biggrin:? A Royal Pain in the you know where :w00t:

• Pre: Lather on face.
  • Shaving brush: Omega 10049
  • Shaving cream: Acca Kappa 1869
  • Razor: Iwate Hirade 6/8
  • Strop: Scrupleworks, Ambrose.
  • Scuttle: Schwarzweisskeramik XL

proxy.php

By blix72 at 2011-12-04

An awesome Sunday shave. :001_smile

AK with a Japanese western straight= heaven:001_wub: Those scales are beautiful, Blix. Had her long??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom