Aramis edt

Randy, it's not so bad, it'll do. Good enough when you're in a rush! :wink:

Jeff

1953 Gillette super speed w/Merkur blade
Vulfix 2235
Shave Shop shaving cream
QED rose hydrosol
Shave Shop after shave gel

Actually, this shave was last night. I had to get up really early this morning.

Jerry

smoothfacejeff said:
Jerry, just out of idle curiosity, how's the Shave Shop cream? Do you like it?

Jeff

Jeff:

The Shave Shop cream lather wise is very good. I can whip up a wonderful, rich lather with it. It does a nice job of lubricating as well and I get a good shave with it. I just don't care for the scent much. It sort of has a medicinal smell to it. The after shave gel is very functional as well. I accidentally got it on my lips this morning.....tastes terrible! When I run out, I won't repurchase.

Jerry

Thanks, Jerry for the info, I appreciate it. For me, a scent is usually important in a cream or a soap, so now I know what to do. Thanks again! :smile:

Jeff

Shave Shop smelled like baby powder to me, so I traded it away. Man, the lather was good, though.... I'll stick to some of the other Taylor's scents....

Rick, Scotto, the 3 Taylors scents I love are almond, avocado, and sandalwood, although I must say Mr Taylors is nice too. The Eton College scent irritated my skin, and I had a breakout especially on my neck.

Jeff

Rik said:
Taylor's Shaving Shop scent is one of my favorites. I also enjoy the matching EdT

Oh good grief!! Rik, when you mentioned Taylor's shaving shop, it dawned on me what I'd done! I meant to post Body Shop, not Shave Shop!:redface:

Sorry for the confusion! Did I mention I got up at 4:30 this morning?:sleep:

Jerry

Merkur Futur w/ Feather Platinum Blade
Simpson's Chubby 1 in Super Brush
D.R. Harris Lavender Shave Soap
QEDman DaVinci Water
Proraso Pre/Post Balm

Don't worry Ron, I've found the battery charger and will be taking pics of the new brush and the EJ razor this weekend:wink: .

SMF Brush and Cocobola Custom 6/8 Straight (see my avatar)
T&H Ultimate Shaving Cream (Sample)
AOS A/S Balm

The T&H Ultimate Shaving Cream has a beautiful lavender scent. Not too heavy, but very pleasant. The lather reminded me of Taylor's Avocado as far as consistency and lubrication. This will definitely go on my list of things to buy.

The AOS A/S Balm made it's second appearance. I used it last night after having also used the AOS Pre-Shave Oil. This stuff goes on heavy. Two hours later, it has settled in, and leaves my face feeling moist, with just a "touch" of "greasiness". I'm not sure I like it as well as I thought I would. I've got enough for one more use, but now my thinking is that this is something I would only use if my skin were really dry.

Randy

Merkur classic long-handle w/Feather blade
Savile Row 231 super badger
T&H shaving soap
QED lavendar shave stick for touch up
T&H classic ASB
T&H Trafalgar EDT

A+ shave this morning. I always get great results with the T&H soap! It just takes a little more work to get there with the long-handle than with the Vision.

Jerry

full

Last edited by a moderator:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Koeller Magnetic straight
Edwin Jagger
Willi G. #7
Leonardo water
Witch Hazel
Proraso pre & dopo

0-7= 4 very good

This may not be the appropriate forum for this, but I find the scent of the pre/post far stronger than I would prefer, and it does tend to linger a bit longer than some have said. Great moisturizing properties, though. If it were scent free (or just plain lighter) it would be a much more desirable product.
I'm normally not a big fan of glycerin-based soaps, but this Willi G. is growing on me. The #7 is a little weird scentwise, and the sandalwood doesn't compete with the big boys, but it sure does allow for one close shave. Overall, I prefer them to the Classic soaps.

Merkur Slantbar with Feather PtInox
Vulfix Old Original #41
Provence Santé Thé Vert Cream de Rasage *
Provence Santé Thé Verte Aftershave
Provence Santé Thé Verte Cologne

full

*See the Shaving Creams Forum for more.

rschul2 said:
Merkur Futur w/ Feather Platinum Blade
Simpson's Chubby 1 in Super Brush
D.R. Harris Lavender Shave Soap
QEDman DaVinci Water
Proraso Pre/Post Balm

Don't worry Ron, I've found the battery charger and will be taking pics of the new brush and the EJ razor this weekend:wink: .
I am looking forward to seeing it!

Shower: Asquith and Somerset Coconut Creme bar, Baxters shampoo, conditioner, and face wash

Shave:
Merkur slant bar with Merkur blade
SR208 brush
T&H Almond cream
Em's "balancing" AS splash
D.R. Harris Aftershaving Milk

Penhaligon's Endymion EdT

full

First week back to work after new baby arrival; non-trivial to get up for my 5AM workouts this week. I am looking forward to crashing tomorrow!

Scotto, seeing your Truefitt and Hill container reminded me there are other shaving creams besides Sandalwood, so I took out a few and asked my wife to choose one for me....

Truefitt and Hill - 1805 Shaving Cream
SMF Brush (still loaded)

Hess Forty-Four Str8 (on loan from Lynn Abrams)
Schick Injector to finish off the shave

George Trumper's Sandalwood Cologne

full

AACJ said:
Scotto, seeing your Truefitt and Hill container reminded me there are other shaving creams besides Sandalwood, so I took out a few and asked my wife to choose one for me....

Truefitt and Hill - 1805 Shaving Cream
SMF Brush (still loaded)

Hess Forty-Four Str8 (on loan from Lynn Abrams)
Schick Injector to finish off the shave

George Trumper's Sandalwood Cologne

full

Art,

You should see someone about getting that mug fixed (the one with shaving cream IN it, not ON it). Seems to have a permanent tilt to it based on all of the pics you have been posting!

Randy

Top Bottom