What's new

SOTD Monday Feb 06 - Sunday Feb 12

Today was the "special shave" as my eldest son and I were headed to the barber this morning (gotta impress the guy, you know!).

Smartshave exfoliating pad
HOT water rinse
QED Rose-Geranium shave stick
CAR "shavemaster" brush
Gillette Fusion (5th pass with slant bar)
Em's cucumber A/S splash
CAR peppermint A/S balm
St. Charles "Double Strength" Bay Rum EdT

PS - This was my 5th shave with the Fusion (original blade cartridge). The shaves are still exceptional, but the upper lip is basically impossible to do a GREAT job on due to the size. That's partly why I started supplementing the shave with the Slant for perfect smoothness. Granted, most guys (non shavegeeks) would never go to this extreme. My barber just felt my sideburn area and shook his head laughing. "I do this for a living, but I will say that YOU'RE the expert!" Is that a shavegeek compliment or WHAT??:w00t:

Gilette HD adjustable /unknown blade (compliments of Ron)
Edwin Jagger best badger
Baudelaire shaving soap
QEDman DaVinci water
Provence Sante Verve ASB
Provence Sante green tea EDT

Jerry

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Omega brush
Merkur Vision
Arko cool shaving cream
Lubriderm unscented moisturiser
Swiss Pitralon aftershave

guys, Arko cool is the bomb! This stuff is as nice as my cylinder soap, it lathers well enough for a 10 pass shave!

Jeff

Today was "Rose Day"

St. Charles Savory Rose soap
Saville Row 3324 Silvertip
Futur / Slantbar both w/ Feathers (Slant for cleanup)
QED DaVinci H2O
D.R. Harris A/S milk
Trumper Coral Skin Food

Jack Black EdP "Black Mark"

Schick Injector with Schick Blades
Shavemac Special
Taylor's Avocado Shaving Cream
Proraso Aftershave Splash
Proraso Aftershave Cream
MonteCristo EdT

Nancy Boy Invigorating Body Wash
Nancy Boy Shampoo
Nancy Boy Conditioner
Nancy Boy Moisturizer
Nancy Boy Styling Gel
J&E Atkinsons I'Coloniali Deodorant Stick with Oubaku Wood Extract

Gillette HD Adjustable ('58) with Feather PtInox
AOS Pure Badger Faux Ebony Brush
QED Cedarwood and Pine Shaving Stick
QED DaVinci Water
J&E Atkinsons I'Coloniali Facial and Shaving Balm of Mango Kernel Oil
J&E Atkinsons I'Coloniali Aromatic Fragrance of Guajaco Wood

joel said:
Sounds interesting.... how is it?
Hey Joel,
Very nice stuff! The Italian operations of J&E Atkinsons was bought out by Wella Deutschland, who was in turn bought out by P&G... This line is under P&G's Prestige Products Division, which is no longer importing it. Talk about exclusive? An exclusive PITA!:frown:
I really loved the ASB and now ration it like gold...

Shower: Baxters Italian Lime - Pomegranite bodywash, shampoo, conditioner, and face wash

Shave:
Schick Injector with Personna blade
T&H Ebony super badger
QED Grapefruit and Peppermint baby shave stick :drool:
Musgo Real Classic Aftershave

IMG_1866_2_1.JPG

Musgo is definitely one of my "desert island" products.

Ron, I tried to get a hold of some more Gold-Dachs Spezial shaving soap from the link you gave me, but it's just not to be had anymore. Now, I can only use my bar that I still have once a month or so. I feel so awful! :o15: :o15:

That's the way the cookie crumbles!

Jeff

L'Occitane Soap hidden in the mug (at the time I thought "They're already charging a ton for the soap, no way I'm going to let them extort me for the bowl"... but I probably should've)
SR212
Vision
CADE A/S

full

-Nick

Last edited by a moderator:
Nick, the metal bowl with the soap costs 42 bux up here in Montreal. IMHO, that's f...en highway robbery, don't you agree?

Jeff

smoothfacejeff said:
Nick, the metal bowl with the soap costs 42 bux up here in Montreal. IMHO, that's f...en highway robbery, don't you agree?

Jeff

Jeff,

Without a doubt. I have no problem spending money for a worthwhile product. I do have a problem with spending money just for the sake of spending money.

-Nick

smoothfacejeff said:
Ron, I tried to get a hold of some more Gold-Dachs Spezial shaving soap from the link you gave me, but it's just not to be had anymore. Now, I can only use my bar that I still have once a month or so. I feel so awful! :o15: :o15:

That's the way the cookie crumbles!

Jeff
Jeff,
I went to the SOURCE and it is available, in stock NOW. Wait at your own risk.

Scotto,

I was interested in it after reading a post of yours listing the ingredients a while ago, and thinking to myself "Damn that sounds nice." Well, I finally found myself in a mall (ugh), and saw the L'Occitane store. I figured that I might as well make the trip worth my while, and picked some up along with the soap. It is absolutely fantastic. The juniper smell is great, and it's pretty darned effective. The spout on top is waay too big for a clutz like me, but I love it.

-Nick

Glad you like it! I find it makes your face feel warm, which is a nice change from all the cooling products out there. Also has lots of goodies for the face in it. Top notch product.

Forgive me Ron, I was wrong, and you were right! I'm going to order it right away! Thank goodness it's still around after all.
Thanks again, my friend. :smile:

Jeff

Top Bottom