What's new

SOTD Monday Jan 23 - Sunday Jan 29

Scotto, wassap! What exactly is Da Vinci water? I see quite a few guys use it, but I never really knew what it is.

Thanks

Jeff

It is a blend of lavender and rose hydrosols. Smells real nice and is very soothing. In one of the weird quirks of nature, it smells like neither rose nor lavender, IMO, but something else. Cinnamon, perhaps. Whatever it is, is is one of the nicest things to spray on your puss after a shave. It is inexpensive from Charles at QED. I also use it night, after cleaning my face and before moisturizing.

Trumper's Violet Shaving Cream (sample)
SMF Brush
Hess Forty-Four Str8 on loan from Lynn
Schick Injector to finish up

QED DaVinci Water

Trumper's Sandalwood Cologne

Roper Boots by Justin
Boot Jack, made by me

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Merkur Vision with Merkur Blade Wide Open
Shavemac SMF Brush
L'Occitane Cade Shaving Soap
Proraso Aftershave Splash
L'Occitane Cade Aftershave Balm
L'Occitane Vetyver EdT

Rik, I really enjoy the L'Occitane Cade soap also. I heard a few negative remarks about it. Do you find the soap to be drying or irritating? I sure don't.

Jeff

Schick Injector with ASR PtCr Blade
Truefitt and Hill Small Superbadger (Not shown in picture)
Tayors of Old Bond Street Rose Shaving Cream
QED Rose Hydrosol
Truefitt and Hill Classic Aftershave Balm (Not shown in picture)
Crusellas Rosa Colonia Autentico

full

Hey Art! Boots made by anteaters...

Last edited by a moderator:
smoothfacejeff said:
Rik, I really enjoy the L'Occitane Cade soap also. I heard a few negative remarks about it. Do you find the soap to be drying or irritating? I sure don't.

Jeff

Jeff:

Are you sure it's the L'Occitane soap you've heard less than stellar things about? I've heard it about the cream but never the soap which, in my opinion, provides a wonderfully rich, lubricating lather.

Jerry

Ah man, the cream, they can ram it! I wouldn't take it even for free! I heard a few less than ideal remarks about the CADE soap, but whoever doesn't like it, it's just too bad. I love it, and so do a heck of a lot of other guys, so that what counts. I wouldn't use that cream to shave my dog's ***! :biggrin:

Jeff

smoothfacejeff said:

Jeff
Greetings Jeff,

Not at all. It is one of my favorite soaps. It provides excellent lubricity for both DEs and Str8s. The juniper fragrance is pure luxury!

Art and Ron don't get me started on my boot collection. :biggrin:

Very nice gents. Ron, Richard and I may make you an honorary Texan.

Austin said:
Art and Ron don't get me started on my boot collection. :biggrin:

Very nice gents. Ron, Richard and I may make you an honorary Texan.

Austin,

Got any Lucchese Ostrich boots? I love mine! My good friend, James Cavender, has a few boot stores down in TX.

Randy

Randy, I usually buy my boots from Cavenders. I only buy leather boots. My favorite boot maker is Chris Romero. Made in Mexico and very hard to find in Texas.

Andrew

Austin said:
Randy, I usually buy my boots from Cavenders. I only buy leather boots. My favorite boot maker is Chris Romero. Made in Mexico and very hard to find in Texas.

Andrew

Cavender's Boot City...that would be the one! James is a top notch guy...used to buy ALL of my boots from him. Unfortunately, he doesn't have any stores in Utah. My favorites were Larry Mahan...the tops were so soft you didn't know you were wearing boots.

Randy

Top Bottom