Schick Injector w/Schick blade
Bic Metal for upper lip & touchups
Simpson PJ1 -Best-
QED DaVinci H2O
Proraso cream a/s
Trumper's Limes SF
Saint Charles Shave spritz
Had a heck of the time getting the Proraso to lather but after 3 attempts I finally got an okay lather.
Got a few more nicks and weepers than I'm accustomed to but the shave was close and my face is smooth.
The Proraso aftershave is okay but it was not love at 1st sight.
Going to have to give Charles at QED a call soon as my DaVinci and Lavender H2O's are getting low...I'm so tempted to add an jar of Castle Forbes cream.
The Saint Charles Shave pump jammed up after 2 sprays so I am about 2 spritzes light
Monday Morning Shave:
- Merkur HD with Merkur Blade
- Trafalgar Shop Brush
- KMF Cool Mint Shave Cream
- Jojoba Oil as lube for T&C (worked well, IMO - but I had to give my face a thorough washing afterwards. Like I do whenever I use any "oil")
- Thayers Lemon WH
- Baxters AS Balm
- Anthony Sport Lightweight Face Lotion
- T&H West Indian Limes Cologne
- Gillette Fat Boy
- Derby Extra Day 1
- EJ for C&E Best Badger
- QED Sandalwood Soap
- Thayer's Rose WH
- Taylor's #74 Limes EDT
- I now remember why I made the Feather my blade of choice. After two days of no shaving, the Derby had to drag through the whiskers seemingly pulling them out whereas the Feather effortlessly slices and dices. I'll probably continue the rest of the week with the Derby to see how it fairs against shorter stubble, not to mention it did provide an irritation free shave.
- Gillette FatBoy update: After a good week's worth of shaves, I have to say that I have been impressed with the Gillette's ability. In the beginning I suffered super irritation, but with a bit of refinement I have seemingly found my groove.
This morning's mess:
Merkur Futur with a Feather
Simpson Chubby 2
Truefitts Ultimate Shave, etc.
Trumper's Skin Food
Nancy Boy's Cooling Gel
Kiehls Moisturizing Facial Fuel Gel
(Just realized I forgot to put on cologne, something I rarely forget to do!)
Also, I decided today to stop using the Feather blades... They're great and close, but just too cutty for me. In the parts where I get closest, I get just as close with a Merkur in my Futur (which is to say DAMN BBS close), so why suffer the blood? There is no reason, that's correct. So, soon enough, I will have most if not all of the Feathers out of my shave closet.