What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" September 18th - September 24th, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
proxy.php

Great to be back in Thailand. The Timeless Ti is a joy to use, loaded with a Wilkinson German blade. Incredible scent and lather from L&L whipped up with the Maseto led to a smooth and faultless shave. Finished with a splash of Pitralon Pure.

Neat arrayment, Josh. Having a grounding soap to judge others is excellent.
Thank you Ron! Indeed, having the 'known good' is extremely helpful as I've been testing wer shaving products since I began back in January. Every now and then, I must get back to a soap(s) thatI know works and gives me pleasure to use.

Razor: Filarmonica Doble Temple

Strop: Kanayama 70

Soap: Mama Bear Caribbean Bay Rhum

Brush: Sekine Boar

Aftershave #1: Thayer’s WH

Aftershave #2: Royall Spyce

Balm: Mama Bear Caribbean Bay Rhum

Talc: Clubman

IMG_7114.jpg

Date: 23 September 2017... Home sweet home!!

Pre: - Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush: - Semogue SOC 2 Band Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm knot
Cream/Soap: - Wholly Kaw - King of Oud (tallow) Donkey Milk :love:
Razor: - Muhle R41 v2013 with the iKon Bulldog Handle
Blade: - Gillette Nacet #1
Post: - Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Bulldog Sensitive Moisturiser

OMG!! I open a new tub of Wholly Kaw King of Oud (tallow) Donkey Milk is a very pleasant relaxing wonderful scent, straight from the tub without face lathering I can smell Bergamot, Lemon, Rose or maybe Rosewood, Sandalwood, Vetiver, and Amber WOW!!. Over all the whole scent while I was building up my face lather and shaving is smell very much like sweet marshmallow along with a freshness of floral, woody and rosy scent in the background is an absolute top performer, post shave and slickness. Because there a lot going on in the fragrance from top, middle and base note all over the place which smell wonderful, aromatic and very pleasant relaxing scent is a real keeper in my den sooo bad. You guys MUST try Wholly Kaw King of Oud (tallow) Donkey Milk you won't be sorry.

It time to grab the Muhle R41 out of my den which has been nearly a whole year since my last shave and is still my favourite razor, the R41 shave very similar to a Colonial General and no....is not a mild razor the R41 is an aggressive razor which you MUST handle with respect or you'll end up in a bloodbath shave or otherwise you'll wake Freddy Krueger from the dead.

Anyway is great to be home again along with my dog since he been worried sick about me for 2 months, still sitting beside me on bed and he still my baby boy which he has turn 4 years old last week. If the weather is nice and cool tomorrow I'm going to take him for a very nice long pleasant relaxing walk.

2017-09-23

Ikea bowl ¤ Semogue 680 ¤ Eclipse Red Ring + Perma-Sharp
Ach. Brito Lavanda cream ¤ Lea ASL ¤ Ach. Brito Lavanda Cologne

proxy.php

A spectacular photo, Chris, as the elements seemingly ease out of the darkness. Excellent lighting. How did you like the Royal Fougere combo? I've been sooooo close to buying a couple of the Asylum Shave Works soaps and aftershaves.
Many thanks, Ron! I love the Royal Fougere soap - it's dynamite, in terms of performance and scent (and I'm not really a "fougere kind of guy"). The aftershave, however, won't be a re-purchase. There's a little "something something" in the scent that I don't care for particularly, and the post shave face feel was a bit tacky for me. I'm sure I'm in the minority about the a/s. The soap, though, is "elite" status and definitely "puck worthy"!

September 23, 2017
OneBlade Core
Feather
Romera Olive WoodSynthetic
C.O. Bigelow Cream

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Yaqi Synthetic 24mm
  • Truefitt & Hill - Grafton Shaving Cream
  • Edwin Jagger DE89 “Barley”
  • Rapira Super Stainless
  • Geo F. Trumper - Sandalwood Skin Food

Awesome Fall Shave combo!

Colonial Razors: The General (Aluminum) SE
Feather Professional Single Edge Blade (new)
Barrister & Mann: Rhapsody Soap (Glissant-Based)
Barrister & Mann: Rhapsody AfterShave
28mm Finest Badger Hair Brush w/ Aluminum Handle

D10B3E0A-1003-4829-95D8-79D030063379.jpeg

C V Heljestrand MK31
Synthetic Brush
TOBS Eton College Collecition Shaving Cream
Barrister & Mann Fougere Classique Aftershave Splash

DSCF6091.jpg

SATURDAY:

proxy.php

Flare Tip Super Speed//Rudy Vey w/Shavemac 3-band silvertip @ 32/64//Proraso Sandalwood//Captain's Choice Sandalwood//Penhaligon's Hammam Bouquet

IMG_0878.JPG

Great shave again today with the GEM MM "Clog Pruf". It's performance is outstanding. The scent of the soap and aftershave is devine and the "Krang" brush from Wild West Brushworks is a lather machine. Very enjoyable.

IMG_0481.JPG
Feather AS-D2
Wilkinson blade
Edwin Jagger Silvertip brush
Truefitt & Hill Authentic No. 10 cream
Truefitt & Hill Grafton AS splash

Some of the photos may seem repetitive but I'm committed to not acquiring more product until the quantity on hand has been consumed. I may move exclusively to shaving soap after that. Haven't decided yet.

23 September 2017

Fri-Ko Solingen 5/8
Tony Miller Heirloom Strop
Semogue 1460
Bluebell Spice Rack Shaving Soap
Old Spice Original After Shave Lotion

IMG_1347.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom