Not open for further replies.
Menthol Monday, October 5
proxy.php

C.O. Bigelow~~dubl duck #4~~2011 Mühle R41/Polsilver SI~~Proraso
proxy.php

Have a great day!

6279DCBC-D306-4821-B5A1-A6F651416795.jpeg

SOTD MONDAY MORNING, OCTOBER 5, 2020

Well, it’s Monobilt Monday at TSD this morning! And I’m glad it was. The Cooper Monobilt is just such an excellent blade holder! Loaded with a fresh Polsilver it made very short two pass (ATG, ATG) work of my 24 hour dome stubble velveteenizing my scalp beautifully! Oooh, so smooooth! Me likeee! The Alpha Shaving T-400 equipped with the two band badger fan ferrule produced a lovely, slick MWF lather for the Monobilt to ride on. But that’s not all, folks! I selected my Feather DX for my mug work this morning, and it delivered every bit as close, if not even a little closer shave. The wood handle on this razor just felt really good in hand, and with the Schick Proline AC blade really delivered the three pass (WTG, ATG, XTG) goods on this bright, beautiful sunny day in the Philadelphia suburbs! The perfect close to such a great shave was the great Aqua Velva splash ending! Enjoy your day today my shave brothers and sisters!

RAZOR: Feather DX Wood Handle (Mug), Cooper Monobilt OC (Dome)
BLADE: Schick P-30 Proline AC (Mug), Polsilver DE (Dome)
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by Argan Oil.
BRUSH: Alpha Shaving T-400 Tribute w/ Two Band Badger Fan Ferrule
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Aqua Velva (Spanish Version)

Monday‌ ‌10.05.20 ‌SOTD‌
View attachment 1164272
I‌ ‌Provenzali‌ ‌Olive‌ ‌Oil‌ ‌Artisan‌ ‌Bar‌ ‌Soap‌
Gillette ‘32 New SC Gold Common Bar
Gillette‌ 7 O'clock SharpEdge Yellow
Yaqi Moka Express 26mm 2-Band Badger
Barrister‌ ‌and‌ ‌Mann‌ ‌Cheshire‌ ‌Shaving‌ ‌Soap‌
Barrister‌ ‌And‌ ‌Mann‌ Cheshire‌ ‌Aftershave‌​
Wow, Jim, that SC is immaculate!

I haven't posted here in a long time. I've been dealing with my medical condition going haywire and it has been a lot on me emotionally. I've been having a hard time dealing with depression again. Been fighting with everything I have to not let the depression get where it was a very long time ago. But today has been ok. So I am posting while I can.

Puma 222 4/8" just got it honed today and it is an amazing razor. I have to say it gives my Japanese razors a run for their money. I got an unbelievable deal on it and it's now on my list of top razors i own.

Beau Brummel 2 1/2" strop. I have no idea what leather it is but it is as soft as my Kanayama Cordovan. The back is the coated linen and I'm starting to think the coating is something like a diamond paste.

Paladin 24mm 2band brush. I cannot remember knot code but it's a really nice brush. I am so glad I have it.

B&M Fougere Angelique soap and aftershave. I love the scent hate trying to spell this freaking name

View attachment 1164220View attachment 1164221View attachment 1164222
Gorgeous razor!

PSX_20201004_075535.jpg

Razor: Gem Micromatic Open Comb
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Rick Montalvo Grade A Silvertip Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso Red
Lather: Razorock Mudder Focker
Aftershave: Mennen Skin Bracer
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder

I haven't posted here in a long time. I've been dealing with my medical condition going haywire and it has been a lot on me emotionally. I've been having a hard time dealing with depression again. Been fighting with everything I have to not let the depression get where it was a very long time ago. But today has been ok. So I am posting while I can.

Puma 222 4/8" just got it honed today and it is an amazing razor. I have to say it gives my Japanese razors a run for their money. I got an unbelievable deal on it and it's now on my list of top razors i own.

Beau Brummel 2 1/2" strop. I have no idea what leather it is but it is as soft as my Kanayama Cordovan. The back is the coated linen and I'm starting to think the coating is something like a diamond paste.

Paladin 24mm 2band brush. I cannot remember knot code but it's a really nice brush. I am so glad I have it.

B&M Fougere Angelique soap and aftershave. I love the scent hate trying to spell this freaking name

View attachment 1164220View attachment 1164221View attachment 1164222

I'm sorry to hear that, man. If you need help, don't hesitate to get it. Everyone needs help sometimes.

Monday, 10/5:

20201005_140842.jpg

Razor - Tatara Masamune OC
Blade - Voskhod / Astra SP
Brush - WCS Infinity 26mm Abyss
Soap - Soap Commander Vision
A/S - Proraso Blue

I don't know if I've ever changed a blade out mid-shave or binned a brand new blade, but that's what happened today. I figured I would try a Voskhod in the Tatara. I knew it could've gone one of two ways: either the rigidity with which this razor holds a blade would "force" smoother blade action by not letting it chudder when its dull edge encounters the hairs, or that tightness would only hold the mediocrely-sharp blade in place and cause its dull edge to tug each hair more. I hoped for the former, but feared the latter. I got the latter. The lather was great, but it didn't matter: nothing would've kept the blade from tugging. Every single stroke produced a sharp tug. No offense to those that like them, that's great if they work for you, but to me these blades suck. After the first pass I binned it and went to an Astra I had lying around, and even though the stubble had admittedly been reduced, the Astra was so much smoother. From then on the shave was a pleasure. I've got a cold so I couldn't smell the soap's scent, which is a major bummer as it's one of the highlights of the whole experience. But hey, the results were good, so I won't complain too much. I'm definitely never going back to Voskhods again, though; absolute garbage.

Tuesday SOTD

[IMG]

Razor: Gem G- Bar
Blade: Gem PTFE SS (D2)
Brush: Kent BLK8
Bowl: ShaveWorks 4.25" Shave
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Unscented
Shave Soap: CRSW Select Vetiver
Balm: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: Country Club Frozen Vetiver

Status