What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" May 17th - May 23rd, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
First use of the Henson (M). I swapped the too long for me handle for the more comfortable Lupo (?). Face shave with second use BIC felt a bit rough, switched out for a Feather head shave which was excellent, single lather ATG and pickups. I'd say keeper.
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Tue, May18th 2021, I did a few maneuvers with the Excalibur over the last few days like the Excalibur side(Gillette slide), J hooking + buffing with no issues. I picked up the speed of the strokes also today and no issues with that maneuver, non threatening nice shaves with not a lot of aggression feel IMO makes a good daily driver for some folks.
Razor: Yaqi Excalibur-Mfg 2021, great mid range, easy to roam the face for a reasonable carefree shave, no Drama of a shave if a person has reasonable technique easy going IMO.
Soap: Razorock XXX, nice clean scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Red Zebra 26 mm, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips + gentle scrub + excellent lather painter.
Blade: Feather Professional AC - sharp & smooth, longevity ?.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock XXX with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + a blemish weeper = :a17:excellent shave with my Yaqi SE Excalibur with a Feather pro.
SE SOTD, Tue May 18th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:
proxy.php

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Semogue Owners Club Boar
Soap: Proraso Red
Razor: Merkur Mergress (2.5)
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (1)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, DR Harris Sandalwood Aftershave Lotion

One of those classics that I had never got around to trying - Proraso Red. Loved it - warm, inviting sandalwood scent and great performance.
Cracking shave with BBS result.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I'm no expert, but that is what Matt from Razor Emporium said. They got a big bunch of unused ones, that they are selling...
I do not believe that razor is British military issue, I think it is a period tech in mocked up pseudo military packaging. I am not however surprised at the lengths to which unscrupulous vendors will go to secure a sale. Anyway, it is a pretty good razor, I have used one often, but British military Issue? I don't think so. Nice video review 👍

Soap: MdC rose
Brush: Paladin Cleo
Razor: Timeless titanium.68 SB plate
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (3)
Aftershave: D.R. Harris Pink

The Paladin arrived yesterday. It’s a really nice brush - superb handle. Plenty dense, but not overly so. Very soft tips.
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
Tuesday SOTD

proxy.php

Fine Accoutrements Worlds Finest Safety Razor
Gillette‌ 7 O'clock SharpEdge Yellow
Fine Accoutrements Blue & White Lather Bowl
Fine Accoutrements Red & White Synthetic Brush
Fine Accoutrements American Blend Shaving Soap
Fine Accoutrements American Blend Aftershave​

20210412_080546.jpg

Razor: Rex Supply Ambassador
Blade: Gillette Rubie Plus
Brush: Simpson Emperor 3 Super Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Long Rifle Bay Rhum
Aftershave: Pinaud Virgin Islands Bay Rum
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder

Every ball end Tech made after 1970 should have a date code on the bottom plate. If there is no date code, than that bottom plate is from prior to 1970 and it most probably doesn't belong to that aluminium handle. Moreover that exact alu handle with the spirals was made in the US and was sold in the US only from around 1970 to 1980. They imported the English made heads and assembled them in the US. The Techs in the UK and Europe at that time had the end not in a ball shape, but cylindrical.
I do not believe that razor is British military issue, I think it is a period tech in mocked up pseudo military packaging. I am not however surprised at the lengths to which unscrupulous vendors will go to secure a sale. Anyway, it is a pretty good razor, I have used one often, but British military Issue? I don't think so. Nice video review 👍
+1
All the bull about Falklands War and British army issue. Seeing how they present the razor (most probably a US Tech variant with the handle made in US and the head in the UK) and lie about the materials, I must admit I am amazed. It's the Emporium after all.

Last edited:
Just checked.
It says 3 Y
The plot thickens!!
No, it doesn't. It makes it all clear. At least the head matches the handle. You've got a 1978 US sold and assembled Tech razor that has US made handle and an English made head. https://mr-razor.com/Rasierer/Tech/1979 Tech Z4.jpg These were not sold in Europe and were not used in the British army.
It is a very good razor, enjoy. I have one that I use, and one unused in the blister.

20210518_092141-01.jpeg
SOTD #138/32021
18-05-2021

>> Mistura May Madness <<

Preshave: shower, frigid tap water
Brush: Semogue Owners Club Mistura cherry handle
Soap: Barrister and Mann ~ Nordost
Razor: Mühle R41 baseplate with RR SLOC topcap/RR HD handle
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson Sword China (5)
Post shave: frigid tap water, Stirling Soap ~ Orange Chill AS and psb.

Greetings!

Gents, I'm quite surprised. Earlier today I had a remarkable shave... Remarkably close, remarkably easy - and remarkably smooth!
You are scratching your head, don't you? A smooth shave with the R41 - c' mon...?! Basically, you are right. The shaves with the beast are nothing but stunning - but smooth? This attribute doesn't come to mind in first place. But today's shave WAS damn smooth.

FWIW, I'm a guy who doesn't have issues with the atg pass with the standard R41 head attached, even more, I consider the R41 my grail razor. However, I am aware many wet shaver out there have issues with the blade clamping of the standard R41 head.

There might be good news for those of you having issues: in case you have a top cap of the SLOC (or the yaqi sibling) and a R41 baseplate handy, I strongly recommend to give this combo a try (credits go to @Ad Astra for posting the idea
R41/SLOC review: Topcaps matter! - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/r41-sloc-review-topcaps-matter.576675/ )

It's definitely worth a try!

Have some great shaves, y'all!

Last edited:
Karve Bradley - C plate
Wiz Super Iridium
Grooming Dept Peach (Smells like real peaches - pit and all. Not artificial peach.)
Parker Badger
Lucky Tiger
Fine Platinum

Too warm in the NE today for a balm. But shaved right before wife came home and she opened the door and immediately stated "It smells great in here."

Prep: Floid Preshave oil
Bowl: Fine
Brush: Heritagecollection Merit 99-5
Soap: Stirling Soaps Barbershop
Razor: Wilde and Harte aggressive prototype on Eltham handle
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium
AS: Floid blue

proxy.php

Best Regards
Marco

Razor Timeless SS .68 SB
Blade Wizamet Super Iridium (4)
Brush Yaqi Rainbow Synthetic 26mm
Soap Seaforth! Sea Spice Lime
Toner Seaforth! Sea Spice Lime
EdT Seaforth! Sea Spice Lime

Rating 10/10 BBS
First shave with the Seaforth! Sea Spice Lime as it just arrived yesterday. This soap makes a wonderful silky high structure lather just like Seaforth! Heather. The scent is more subdued than Heather though. The lime/citrus component is most prominent with other scents that my poor nose finds difficult to define. Someone with a normal nose could give a better description. This is a light refreshing soap perfect the hotter days ahead. 4 passes with buffing and touchups to BBS. No weepers or irritation. This soap is going to see a lot of use in my rotation this summer.

SSSL SOTD.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom