What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" March 9th - March 15th, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Date : 10/03/20
Razor : Mühle R89
Brush : Simpson Chubby 2 Sintético (27mm)
Lather : La Savonniere du Moulin (Soap)
Aftershave : Old Spice Classic (Lotion)
Blade : Gillette Silver Blue (#3)
Shaving Passes : WTG + XTG + ATG

proxy.php

3/9/20
Art of Shaving Bergamot & Neroli Shave Cream
H.L. Thater 4376/3 Silver Tip
Merkur 34C HD
Astra (4)
Omega Alum Stick
Lucky Tiger AS & Face Tonic
Art of Shaving Bergamot & Neroli Balm
Acqua di Parma Bergamotto di Calabria
SOTD3-9-20.jpg

3/10/20
Haslinger Marigold
Vie-Long 13052
6/8 Art of Shaving by Thiers-Issard
Tony Miller 3" Fast Bridle Strop
Omega Alum Stick
Clubman Original
Pecksniff's Mandarin Zest & Cedarwood
Acqua di Parma Bergamotto di Calabria
SOTD3-10-20.jpg

Tue 10th on the road SOTD
Cream Omega Eucalyptus
Bowl Red Nubs
Brush Yaqi 24mm Purple Mink
Razor Gillette Slim N4
Blade Gillette Winner Special Platinum 2nd
Postshave Alum+Thayers Lemon
Aftershave Clubman GentsGin
What a wonderful lather today. A winner!!Ultra creamy, thick & real slick lather. Perfect combo between cream, bowl and brush!! Pleasant eucalyptus scent.
Shave today with the Slim paired with blade was another winner! Really smooth & efficient and better performance compare to yesterday's Fatboy. 3+1pass at setting 9 for WTG, XTG/AGT, AGT + pickup ATG. No weepers nor irritation. CCF, DFS and BBS today...a winning formula!!
Rating 10/10!! It's been a awhile since a perfect shave day.
20200310_063939.jpg

20200310_064454.jpg

1FF6CCA7-FEA7-47EC-868B-8967F5B13336.jpeg

SOTD 03/10/20

After two great shaves with the Silversmith, it was time to break out my Grail razor, the LaResche 51. This open comb wonder delivers every bit as good a shave as the Silversmith. My LaResche dates to the very end of production and is NOS. I was fortunate to source this razor in France from the estate of a French collector. Unfortunately, I lost the L’Essor Supreme Adjustable in that same collection when it went for five times what I had budgeted for it.

Needless to say, the razor was an absolute pleasure to use. Without any reservations, my two favorite DE razors are this razor and the Silversmith. Following my usual cold water rinse and a luxurious MWF face and head lather, it swept through my whiskers like Patton through Italy. I took my time and really enjoyed this two pass (WTG, ATG) BBS. I feel clean, smooth and refreshed. Enjoy your day!

RAZOR: LaResche 51
BLADE: Vintage Polish Wizamet Super Iridium
PREP: Cold water rinse
BRUSH: Viking Silvertip Badger
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Thayers Lavender WH and finished with Lisa’s Naturals Tobacco & Bay Post Shave Elixir

SOTD:
Some fantastic shaves this week, especially from the boots original shave stick, this stuff produces amazingly slick lather, and it has a wonderful old school scent. The gentleman's groom room malt n Myrtle has been one of my favourite soaps scent wise for a while now, and produces great lather with decent slickness, but it would be even better if they made a tallow based version. This feather is giving me amazing longevity having just completed its 13th shave.

The brut and the malt n myrtle make an almost unbeatable combination scent wise in my opinion.

Shave 1:
Razor: Wilkinson sword TTO
Blade: feather hi-stainless (11)
Brush: Omega 49
Soap: boots original shave stick
Aftershave: brut by Fabergé

Shave 2:
Blade: feather hi-stainless (12)
Brush: Wilkinson sword classic shave
Soap: gentleman's groom room malt n myrtle
Aftershave: brut by Fabergé

Shave 3:
Blade: feather hi-stainless (13)
Brush: omega 49
Soap: boots original shave stick
Aftershave: ambassador for men
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk

Tuesday, 3/10:

20200310_091303.jpg

Razor - H&SCo N075 polished
Blade - Astra SP
Brush - Semogue Owners Club 24mm boar
Soap - Mitchell's Wool Fat
A/S - OneBlade aftershave balm

My goodness this shave was amazing. I skipped shaving yesterday because I had very little stubble left from my Sunday midday shave, so I wanted a great lather today and selected MWF for the job. Oh boy; after loading the SOC for about a minute and a half using Marco's method, I built enough thick creamy lather for approximately one million passes. Absolutely insane. It was definitely too much, because it took a while to properly hydrate the lather, but better safe than sorry, right? The N075 glided through the lather like butter, and I ended up with an unbelievable shave. Afterwards I took the excess lather and let it sit on my face while I cleaned up, and when I rinsed it off my face was so smooth and soft it was like it was someone else's face, if that makes any sense (probably not). It's probably the softest post-shave I've ever had, and my face feels great. Absolutely terrific results, couldn't be happier.

Today's shave

Razor. Royal n1 japanese razor

Strop. Parker latigo

Soap. Flowers in the dark

Aftershave. Lucky tiger

Brush. Craving shaving first brush made. Padduk

The razor is another amazing japanese razor. The more I use japanese razors the more I love them. They just always give a great comfortable shave. The brush I got from craving shaving. He had it listed and said it was the first brush he ever turned. I really love that it is wood. Eventually I will get a nice badger knot installed. the handle is just a great shape. Locks into the fingers and doesn't feel like it will slip out.

View attachment 1072697

Whoa, the first Craving Shaving, and it's wood? That is definitely a keeper.

Whoa, the first Craving Shaving, and it's wood? That is definitely a keeper.

I know. I really love wood brushes and I was going to get it then I read the description and he said it was his first brush and everyone tells him he should keep it but he didn't use it. The best part was it was only 20 bucks.

As promised I finally got around to the Timeless OC .95. Not only is it a beauty to behold the Timeless are super well made and the fit and finish quite nice indeed. Love the Timeless Bronze OC .78 also however, that is a different beast all together. The OC .95 is a really smooth shaver and today I loaded it up with a Kai SS.

Soap of the day H et V Cognac & Cuban Cigars. I love the scent and the quality of the soap but some have said that this soap doesn’t agree with them at all. Shame because the scent really is so good.

Lovely two pass DFS was all that was needed to get the day going. Rainy day but I wish you all safe travels and happy shaves.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Timeless Stainless Steel OC .95
Blade: Kai Super Stainless
Brush: Paladin 26mm Select Badger - Sumo
Lather: Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars
Aftershave: Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
John Varvatos Dark Rebel
4F9EDE14-B960-422F-AEB3-CD332F3DF005.jpeg

Rockwell 6S (plate 3) w Gillette Russian Swede (Platinum - light blue box) (1)
Irisch Moos stick
Parker brush
Pinaud AS
Cade balm

First time using Rockwell or Russian Swede. O - M - G what a shave. Impressed as hell with the combination. I enjoyed the shave so much I did a third pass, which I have not done in years.

The Rockwell may be my new go-to.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, Tue, March 10th 2020

Razor : Gem Featherweight standard model- MFG 1950-53
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (2)
Soap: Razorock Don Marco- if you like a citrus scent with good lather qualities this would be a good consideration IMO.
Brush : Yaqi tuxedo knot 24 mm "Sagrada Familia"
Pre-shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep : cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
Post shave: Italian barber Amici aftershave with witch hazel + Nivea balm.
Results : CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: great shave!

SOTD, March 10th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Rockwell 6S (plate 3) w Gillette Russian Swede (Platinum - light blue box) (1)
Irisch Moos stick
Parker brush
Pinaud AS
Cade balm

First time using Rockwell or Russian Swede. O - M - G what a shave. Impressed as hell with the combination. I enjoyed the shave so much I did a third pass, which I have not done in years.

The Rockwell may be my new go-to.

I've been using the Rockwell 6S for a few weeks now and wow, what a difference compared to the 34C I've been using for years. I am also in the midst of a blade search and am currently using the Gillette Platinum and have found that combination to be one of my favorites so far, although I'm relatively early on. Nice choice!

Tuesday's Shave
I washed my face with Neutrogena Liquid face soap and applied some GD Preshave cream. Today's shave continues with the same cream, razor, and blade: my Karve SS SB with the D plate, Personna Lab blade, and T&H Ultimate Comfort shaving cream. The brush is the B&B LE 2014 made by Rudy Vey. It has a Shavemac D01 two band knot, which is not for the faint-hearted. The aftershave was Thayers Rose Petal WH and DR Harris Arlington Aftershave Milk. After a shower, I used some Yves St. Laurent cologne.

Tuesday Shave_edited-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom