What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" March 1st - March 7th, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOTD : 4th March 2021.

56.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien ~ PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Fine ~ 24mm Synthetic.
Face Lather.
Soap : Proraso Sensitive.
Blade: Treet 7 Days Platinum. (D4)
Razor: Parker 55SL Semi-Slant.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus,Tea Tree, Essential Oils.+ 3 menthol crystals.Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel)./L'OREAL~ Soothing Birch Sap Post Shave Balm./Dana English Leather ASL.

Greetings,

The Proraso Sensitive Soap provided me with slick protective lather for the shave leaving a equally good post shave feel. Out of the 3 Proraso soaps that i have, the sensitive has the best slickness...My only gripe with the soap is it leaves a white residue on the razor surface after i have finished the shave...However, this could be because i live in a hard water area and the soap reacts with the high minerals in the water which has nothing to do the ingredients of the soap.

Last use of the Treet 7 Day Platinum. blade which has performed superbly with each outing. These blades are smooth and very efficient, the longevity of them is astoundingly good. I could quite easily get another two shaves from this blade but will retire it on a good note.

Another enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...A great shave to finish my shaving week....Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of Dana English Leather ASL.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

SOTDaaaaaaay:

Prep: Long, hot shower to open pores.
Preshave: Cube.
Razor: Gillette Fatboy on setting 1.
Blade: Polsilver (10).
Cream: AOS.
Brush: Silvertip.
Postshave: Hop back into shower to rinse face. Then cold water splashes to close pores.
Balm: Unscented.
Splash: Brut.

Feeling sexy!

20210304_090448-01.jpeg

SOTD (063/2021)
04-03-2021

>> The mysterious KAI blades <<

Preshave: frigid tap water
Brush: Semogue Owners Club Boar
Soap: Stirling Soap ~ Triumph
Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: KAI (4)
Post shave: frigid tap, Stirling Soap Triumph AS

First shave with my new razor, paired witj the KAI. A very nice debut. The short handle Progress is a tad head heavy for me, but that is not an issue. I really like the look and hefty feel. The knob is way more attractive in reality than I formerly thought. I was mistaken. It's a clear keeper.

Enjoy your shaves, Gents!

F1C9E22C-51FE-4AB9-B77F-9CDC47536F05.jpeg

SOTD THURSDAY MORNING, MARCH 4, 2021

Today I decided on a shavette shave with an unusual design based on the use of Schick Injector blades, the Monsieur Charles. I had two, one of which my dachshund, Gromit, got hold of and used as a chew toy. Thankfully, there was no blade loaded. I loaded the spare with a Schick Proline B-20 with a bit of difficulty and proceeded to have a very pleasant mug shave. Like my DX, it was sharp enough to easily handle my swirling neck stubble. I rarely repeat a shave, but my AS-D2 shave yesterday was so good, I needed to see if it was a fluke! Well, it wasn’t! Today’s dome shave was every bit as good. I feel velveteen smooth, clean and refreshed!

RAZOR: Monsieur Charles Shavette ( Mug), Feather AS-D2 (Dome)
BLADES: Schick B-20 Proline (Mug), Feather DE (Dome)
BRUSH: MrEE Knurled Aluminum Hybrid Knot #007
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Krampert’s Frostbite AS Splash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom