• Perma Sharp
  • Myrsol - Agua Balsamica
proxy.php

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Cherry Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ Nectar Amissa
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34G / Feather #5
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- L'Occitane Baux

715AB98E-8EDC-4CC2-993B-BAAF5DDEA016.jpeg

SOTD FRIDAY MORNING, MARCH 19, 2021

Today’s shave featured my R. Saito SK3 7/8 and the silver plated Valet Autostrop Model VB2. Unlike many in this hobby, I don’t own all that many brushes. In fact the only makers of whom I own more than one brush are TSD’s @Jayaruh and @MrEE. I no longer own any horsehair brushes, and of late am beginning to move from my preferred boars to synthetics which have improved remarkably in recent years. The little low end Rooney badger brush used in today’s shave is one of only two badgers that I use regularly. It possesses awesome backbone and just enough scritch for the kind of face lathering I enjoy. The three pass mug shave itself was uneventfully great! The little R. Saito with its smiling silver steel blade holds a great edge and seems perfectly designed for those hollows and crevices under the jaw. This morning it effortlessly whisked away my mug stubble. The following two pass ATG dome shave was excellent as well. The Valet Autostrop VB2, while not quite as good as my preferred VC4 with its safety bar, still delivered a noggin shave that put the baby to bed. I feel clean, refreshed and velveteen smooth.

RAZOR: R. Saito SK3 7/8 (Mug), Valet Autostrop Model VB2
BLADE: Feather FAS-10
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: Rooney Ebony Pure Badger
CREAM: Castle Forbes Lime
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Royall Lyme AS/Cologne.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Friday, March 19th 2021

Razor: Kai Style shavette- Mfg 2018> excellent made Zamac razor, easy to load and remove blades, very enjoyable experience.
Blade: Kai Protouch guarded (9) binned- excellent blade to protect yourself when using a AC Shavette, Sharp & smooth with good longevity.
Soap: Speick triple milled- excellent lather qualities + nice mild spicy scent that is great.
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow 26 mm brown whiskers- excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, good scrub + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Shower + hand washed face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + Pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups ATG.
Post shave: Razorock Emperor with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :thumbup: great shave with my Kai style shavette with a Kai protouch guarded blade.(spent)
SE SOTD, Fr, 19th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom