Arko SS
Witch Hazel and Gold Bond lotion

Friday’s Shave. I just don’t grow tired of this scent. #classic

proxy.php

Music today provided by:
Dropkick Murphys ~ Going Out In Style

proxy.php

EAF72311-D385-4DCB-9D35-329B7FCADADB.jpeg
So I was on a run of OCs until a discussion broke out on one of the forums about the Merkur Progress vs the Parker Variant...you know how they go right? So sorry Mr. New please step aside and let in Mr. Progress in. I have a Mergress and Progress both of the standard length handle variety. Love them both but that cool Art Deco knob on the stock Merkur is just so cool. Loaded up with a Voskhod today but both the Progress and Mergress have no qualms with whatever DE blade you want to throw at them.

Soap of the day was RazoRock Gold which is a lovely blend of citrus, woodsy notes and Amber. What a great soap and scent. Todays’s brush was the Simpson Colonel X2L in Best which comes from a buddy @REV579 down in Texas. Still not quite sure why he let it come my way (he has many, MANY primo brushes of the vintage type) love the loft and it is a lathering machine!

To the races we went and a thoroughly enjoyable and relaxing three pass BBS shave was had! Love the Friday afternoon shave as rare as they are. Topped it off with some Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense...oh yes indeed! Some fine duds and off to take Mrs. Somnos for dinner! Long week but the weekend is finally upon us! Take care, safe travels and happy shaves all!

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Merkur Progress 500
Blade: Voskhod
Brush: Simpson Colonel X2L
Lather: RazoRock Gold
Aftershave: RazoRock Gold
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense

Todays’s brush was the Simpson Colonel X2L in Best which comes from a buddy @REV579 down in Texas. Still not quite sure why he let it come my way (he has many, MANY primo brushes of the vintage type) love the loft and it is a lathering machine!
It is a great brush, just bigger than I use. A couple of 14mm, 16mm, and 18mm knots really get all the love, and with the exception of my Semogues and Rudy Vey brush, they are all either vintage or restored vintage knots.

Saturday SOTD
proxy.php

Razor: Steampunk Gillette Fat Handle Tech
Blade: Personna Med Prep (D13)
Brush: Semogue Owners Club" Boar Taj 24mm
Bowl: Yuzu Tenmoku 4-3/4"
Pre-Shave Scrub: Ginger Garden Enigma
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Mandarin and Cardamom
Shave Soap: A&E The Club The Novelist
Balm: Monster Block Alum
Aftershave: Chatillon Lux Gratiot League Square Toner

Last edited:
It is a great brush, just bigger than I use. A couple of 14mm, 16mm, and 18mm knots really get all the love, and with the exception of my Semogues and Rudy Vey brush, they are all either vintage or restored vintage knots.
Well I thank you because it is a fine brush!

21 June 2019

Vintage Gillette Aristocrat + Gillette "The Spoiler" ~ ThatDarnRob Brush
GD Preshave ~ DG/CL TSM Fougere ~ GD Postshave Serum ~ Chatillon Lux TSM Fougere Toner & AS

20190620_170720 (4).jpg ll]992649[/ATTACH]

SOTD : 22nd JUNE 2019.

5.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ L'OREAL ~ Birch Sap Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Lemon Flower Extract Transparent Soap.

Brush: Semogue 1305.

Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.

Bowl Lather.

Soap : Bathhouse ~ Spanish Fig & Nutmeg.

Blade: Trig ~ Silver Edge. (1) (Blue cover)

Razor: Wilkinson Sword Premium TTO.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade menthol crystals +Eucalyptus peppermint,+ Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Boots ~Freshwood ASL + Balm.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend...Second outing of the bathhouse soap,which after a 5 minute bloom in warm tap water then loaded up with my damp "not wet" semogue 1305 providing a wonderful slick protective lather for my shave, adding a small amount of water to the tips of the brush in-between each pass...A wonderful addition to my humble shaving soap collection which has become another instant favourite.

Recently i've been having some fantastic shaves with stuff i've had in my shaving den that i've hardly gave any attention to..The trig stainless blade which is made by the Treet co in pakistan i've used these blades a few times in the past and have always had good shaving results with them, today was no exception they come in two different covers blue & green Both of the trig blades have impressed me ,with their sharp longevity and smoothness. As to say which is the better blade between them, they are the same blade,just in different packaging for selling purposes.

What i like about the Trig blades is that both have been consistantly smooth & predictable each time that i've shaved with them, that IMHO is a good blade. I've mentioned before in my previous postings this is just my experience,every person's skin type, review/experience on a blade,(soap,brushes,razors etc) will vary from mine ,and it's wrong for me to label some experiences/reviews as 'right & others wrong, 'they are all right, because each person knows his or her experiences/opinions are right,but that doesn't make the experiences/opinions of others wrong either...However, we all learn from watching, reading trying & listening, to other peoples experiences/Reviews, but we all go by our own judgement first,before following others.Enough said, i'm starting to babble.

A comfortable 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Boots ~ Freshwood aftershave balm.

My face is feeling super smooth and smelling old school devine.;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

SOTD - Saturday 22 June 2019

proxy.php

• Safety Razor: Feather - AS-D2
  • Blade: Feather - Black
  • Shaving Brush: Lutin Brushworks - Williams Lightning - 25mm Fan (Finest Badger)
  • Shaving Cream: Declaration Grooming - Albizia
  • After-Shave: Australian Private Reserve - Fougere Trois - Splash

22 June 19
Razor:
Razorock Mamba 70
Blade: Rapira platinum lux (3)
Brush: 28mm Silksmoke with winter handle ApShaveCo
Pre-Shave: Shower and Clearasil face wash
Lather: Stirling Glacial Spearmint – bowl lather
Aftershave: Element Botanicals Man Up Lotion
Additional Care: Jack Shave spritz
IMG_20190621_095342.jpg

FFfJune
Razor:
Edwin Jagger DE89
Blade : Astra Superior Stainless #6
Brush: Vulfix 2235S
Soap: Proraso Sandalwood
ASB: Nivea
EDC: Eton College Collection by TfOBS

Date:- 22 June 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Brush:- Edwin Jagger Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/58mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Wickham 1912 ~ Apricus (Limited Edition)
Razor/Blade:- EJ 3ONE6 Knurled / Feather #1
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Tabac

2019-06-22

Ikea bowl ¤ Vie-Long 13800 ¤ 5/8" M. Hunter & Son "Fuerte"
Nanny's Eucalyptus & Tea Tree ¤ Myrsol Emulsión ¤ Cardin Pour Monsieur

proxy.php

Timor 935 SB
Gillette Silver Blue (5)
Proraso Green Menthol Shave Cream
Zenith Aluminum Handle Boar
PAA Mysterum Serum
PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum

proxy.php

Edwin Jagger//Rudy Vey Shavemac DO1, 2-band flat top//Vintage Yardley//Sampson's Balm//Vintage Paco Rabanne Pour Homme EdT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom