Strop: TM Spanish Bridle

Soap: C.O. Bigelow

Brush: Custom Badger

Aftershave #1: Thayer’s WH

Aftershave #2: AV Ice Blue

Talc: Clubman

IMG_6772.jpg

17-7-2017

Agua y jabón :: Geo. F. Trumper, Rose :: Druida, Michelle, ébano de Macassar :: Gillette, Gillette blue :: Mennen

proxy.php

Menthol Monday and the Crown Shaving Cream for Vagabonds Gentlemen and Ruffians has a nice cool kick. The silvertip I the vintage Rubberset Handle whips up plenty of lather that is slick and protective. The A2 Red tip with the vintage Gillette blade removed all traces of whiskers. I am clean smooth and refreshed after the Nivea Cool Kick ASB and English Leather. Have a blessed day gentlemen.
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

proxy.php

Razor: Feather AS-D2 Steampunk
Blade: SuperMax SP Tiger (D8)

Brush: WildWestBrushworks 22mm Faux Horsehair
Bowl: The Distinctive Goat Style 10 5½"
Pre-Shave scrub: Lisa's Sunny Citrus
Pre-Shave Oil: Jasmine Creamsicle
Shave Soap: Tim's Ruby Red
Aftershave: Folsom Shambala

Schick Type M Injector
Schick blade
Maggards black synthetic brush
Proraso Blue shaving cream
Family Dollar Spice aftershave

proxy.php

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: PERSONNA Double II Patent 1976
Blade: PERSONNA Double II
Brush: SHAVEMAC 22709 Finest Badger 22 X 53
Lather: ARCHAIC Citrus Mint
Aftershave: ALCOLADO GLACIAL mentholated
Additional Care:
MYRSOL emulsión​

Monday

Maggards V3 Razor
Nacet (3)
Omega Boar
VdH Luxury Soap
AS:None
Great shave, took off a day's growth of beard.
I'm still learning the feel of this new razor and blade combo.
Some trouble spot areas of the beard require caution when shaving so I took it slow. But this was a very good shave indeed. BBS, in my top ten percent of all my best shaves! The very next blade I will use in this razor will be a Personna Med, I have lots of them, time to start using them again!

Razor: Mundial "Shavette" (2 passes)
Muhle R101 2011 (1 pass)

Blade: Astra SP

Brush: Razorock Big Bruce

Lather: Proraso Green

Aftershave: Bozzano Night Blue

Sent from my LG-D618 using Tapatalk

Hectic work day. But nothing that a good evening shave can't cure. A 3 pass BBS with the Sabre. Just an amazing razor. The RR Beehive 28mm synthetic ain't to shabby either.....
IMG_0952.JPG

Jamie's Night Shave
Menthol Monday - 7/17/17

1. Hot Shower.
  2. Stirling Eskimo Tuxedo Soap
  3. Whipped Dog 30 mm Standard Loft - Silver Tip badger brush from Larry
  4. Custom DE Razor from MAC Metal Works / Aluminum & light "Fatso" handle. Amazing Razor!
  5. KAI Blade (2)
  6. Alum
  7. MENNEN II - Green Tonic [European import]
  8. Stirling GLACIAL unscented after shave bomb

07/17/17 Shave of the Day
Face Wash with Crabtree & Evelyn Indian Sandalwood Triple Milled Soap
Sterling Soap Company Coniferous Shave Soap
RazoRock 400 Butterscotch 24 x 57mm Synthetic Noir Plissoft Brush
Creative Flame Pottery Stoneware Shaving Scuttle
RazoRock Baby Smooth All Titanium DE Safety Razor
Voskhod Teflon Coated Russian Blade - 5th Shave
RazoRock Alum Stick
Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel Toner
Aqua Velva Original Sport Cologne
NIVEA Men Sensitive Cooling Post Shave Balm

B IMG_6251.jpg

Regiment High & Tight
Semogue 830
'77 Gillette Super Adjustable
Gillette Platinum (3)
Aqua Velva

I have a few soaps that are nearing the end so for the next couple of weeks I'm going to try to plow through them. First up, my OG label of Regiment High & Tight.
proxy.php

Formerly Heybobitsme

07/18/17 Shave of the Day
Face Wash with Crabtree & Evelyn Indian Sandalwood Triple Milled Soap
Sterling Soap Company Coniferous Shave Soap
RazoRock 400 Butterscotch 24 x 57mm Synthetic Noir Plissoft Brush
Creative Flame Pottery Stoneware Shaving Scuttle
OneBlade Razor Model 2.0 “Genesis”
Feather FHS-10 Hi-Stainless Blade - 5th Shave
RazoRock Alum Stick
Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel Toner
Booster Mosswood Aftershave
NIVEA Men Sensitive Cooling Post Shave Balm

B IMG_6253.jpg

MONDAY SOTD ::::: July 17, 2017

Pre-shave Oil: Adam Joseph Stump Original scent
Soap: Phoenix & Beau Baskerville
Brush: Leo Frilot Red Dirt Shaving Society Group Brush Molten Metal acrylic silvertip 26mm/50mm
Razor: Wolfman Guerrilla
Blade: Kai (1)
Post Splash: Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel
After Shave: Barrister & Mann Reserve Cool

2017-07-17-22-17-02.jpg

Tuesday's Shave

MWF pre & post lather & rinse

Asylum RX
Feather Pro Blade (1)
Shavemac Colonia No. 1 / 2-band Silvertip
Mitchell's Wool Fat Shave Soap
Paladin Aftershave Balm
Proraso Azur Lime Cologne

proxy.php

Good Tuesday Folks

Ariana & Evans - Khalifa
Island Bladeworks "Stoya" | Elite Razor Manchurian
Ever-Ready SE | Gem PTFE (1)

proxy.php

This is technically my second use of Khalifa. The first go, I fought the lather a bit. I was expecting a true cream as Peter had initially described it. The consistency is a bit more firm than a cream. "Dipping" the brush tips in the tub didn't pick up any product. That initial shave wasn't ideal simply because of the frustrating load and not meeting my expectations. I admit, I'm so absolutely spoiled by top artisans' products excelling on every level that even a small matter like loading expectations can detract from an otherwise good product. I didn't want to paint a negative picture, because once I had the lather straightened out, I had a spectacular shave. I'd resolved to revisit it, approaching it as a soft croap. The consistency is like RazoRock's Santa Maria del Fiore or some of Dr. Jon's early soaps.

Treating this product like any other soft croap by gently loading with a damp knot yielded much more predictable results, and henceforth an ideal experience. In fact, the build was intuitive and provided a dense slick luxurious lather. Residual slickness was above average and post-shave was spectacular, rivaling my top 5.

Khalifi's fragrance is an unmistakable smoky, resin and crushed green cannabis mitigated by spicy vanilla and agarwood. It descends into a darker, syrupy accord towards the end of the shave with hints of toffee.

The aftershave comes in a heavy glass pump bottle that delivers an even light mist. Some may choose to spray it into their hands and apply. As a head and face shaver, I give it one full direct pump to the top of my head and use my hands to distribute over my head and face. A single pump delivers an adequate amount. Other than the delivery method, the feel from the aftershave doesn't stand apart from other alcohol-based splashes. While the soap's post-shave will probably preclude the actual need for post product for most skin, the fragrance is the real reason to use it. Thankfully, the aftershave fragrance has the same notes, but is less cannabinoid and more non-descript resin, oud, vanilla, and incense. However, I did not detect coffee from the spray but it may well be lost amidst the dizzying array of sinfully dark notes. The drydown sustains the dark, syrupy incense abandoning the hashish after about an hour. After having used this twice, I note the splash's fragrance duration is fairly brief at about 3-4 hours. I assume this is by design, thus encouraging me to drop some coin on the Black Afgano extrait that influenced Khalifa.

I'm a sucker for packaging, and the Diamond tier exclusive presentation of Khalifa looks classy even if it is impractical. The glass urn is just a showpiece that many of us will set aside. The plastic tub slips down inside and stops about one-third of the way before the slight taper of the interior of the urn stops it, and it easily gets stuck, so I won't even be storing the puck in the urn. While I’m happy with my purchase, I do look forward to using more of this A&E croap base in a more traditional sized jar. It should go without saving, Khalifa's fragrance will not be for everyone, but assuming this base is used throughout A&E's line, wet shavers wanting high-level product need only pick their flavor and enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom