Blade: Gillette Nacet (0)
Brush: 24mm ApShaveCo SynBad w/ ruby ripple handle
Pre-Shave: Shower and face wash
Lather: Rocky Mountain Sandalwood cream
Aftershave: Osage Rub / L'Oréal Men Expert Sandalwood AS balm
IMG_20200708_220219.jpg

Mond shve vign.jpg

Monday’s Shave

Today’s shave is with GD Mallard RC Soap. This time I am using my Paladin Lotus brush. The razor is the Timeless SS .68 razor with a Personna Lab blade for the 14th shave. This is one great combo. The aftershave is Thayers Rose Petal WH and Clubman. The fragrance was Yves Saint Laurent.

Monday Menthol Lunchtime Shave
I was in the mood for menthol today and thought I’d get some tamed beasts out for this cold water shave.

BD45FC0E-704D-4B03-9AAC-44AA59FA7C00.jpeg

Razor:
Merkur Futur

Blade: Gillette 7 o’clock super stainless (6)
Soap: Fine 🐍 Bite
Brush: Gentleman’s Face Care Club - synthetic
Post: Fine 🐍 Bite Aftershave Lotion & LEA Sensitive Aftershave Balm

I was very impressed with how well the 7 o’clock blade performed today. It felt very sharp in the Futur on setting 6 but glided across the skin. The Snake Bite soap and lotion are one of my favourite pairings. I realised after taking the photo above and moving everything off the sink I’d forgotten to include the pack of blades!
786BAD57-1A29-4AB2-84CC-E406743F708B.jpeg

263A782C-2FA7-409F-BD34-E40BA96D39A2.jpeg

SOTD MONDAY, JULY 13, 2020

THE RETURN OF SWMBO

The dreaded day has come. Early morning communication revealed an ETA of 6:00 PM. It’s my last scent hurrah!! Scents pictured are what I’ll begin with. I expect to hit the Canoe, Creed Aventus, and Tom Ford FF over the course of the day. Maybe even some Polo, Old Spice and whatever else I can dig up between scent removals and applications before 4:00 PM at which time I will shower and do my best to deodorize both myself and the house. I know I smell way over the top since Gromit, my dachshund, elected to spend the morning outside with his cat girl, Cassie.

The shave, despite the day was, as usual, the highlight of my day. Great mug shave with the Dovo Special, the closest to a VBBS I’ve come to date with some very slight roughness around the Adam’s Apple. For the noggin shave, I grabbed my sadly neglected brass Christopher Bradley razor from Karve shaving. The OC E plate with the new wide body cap did the trick, and left me with a lovely VBBS. All in all a great shave! I've really enjoyed the week, but will be glad to see SWMBO. Unfortunately, I’ll need to shelter in place for 14 days and hope SWMBO won’t be returning with a viral present for me. I feel refreshed, smelly, clean and velveteen!

RAZOR: Dovo Special (Mug), Christopher Bradley Karve Safety Razor w/ OC E Plate
BLADE: Suneko DE (1)
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Rabid Banana Preshave Cube
BRUSH: Viking Silvertip Badger
CREAM: Kapo Fresh w/ 6 drops of M-Bomb
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with Glyce Glycerin soap followed by Humphreys Lilac WH and Osage Rub. Finished with Florida Water, Caswell and Massey #6 and Pre de Provence Bergamot & Thyme Balm.

Menthol Monday SOTD

[IMG]

Razor: SR-71 Slant
Blade: Super IridiuBlade: Super Iridium (D1)
Brush Nathan Clark 2-Band 24mm Envy White 27mm
Bowl: The Distinctive Goat Style 3 5" Maple\Walnut
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: Grooming Dept Unscented
Shave Soap: The Holy Black Ruby Red Creeper
Balm: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: The Holy Black Ruby Red Creeper

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
GEMonday, July 13th 2020- This 1st Generation Featherweight has to be one of the best razors to shave with using a Gem SS PTFE blade IMO. Seldom get irritation or weepers and it always delivers in my sweet spot range of finish.
With a New Gem blade you can get a silky smooth shave usually, might seem like hype but mostly the truth, don't judge a razor by it looks but by it's results.

Razor: Gem Featherweight(1oz) 1st generation-Mfg 1st gen 1950-52, 2nd gen 1952-54-- Nice milder mid range razor.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (5) Great blade as in very sharp, longevity, cost per 100pc, very predictable wear IMO.
Brush: Yaqi Tuxedo knot 24mm synthetic - It has become one of my favorites to use, good lather, painting, soft tips.
Soap: Razorock Lavender- Excellent scent + Excellent lather in all aspects. They are going to discontinue producing it.
Pre Shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser+ a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + pick ups.
Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: Excellent shave with my Gem 1st gen Featherweight.

MMMonday, July 13th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Monday, 7/13:

20200713_103027.jpg

Razor - Mergress
Blade - Astra SP
Brush - That Darn Rob "Nocturne" 26mm Fanchurian 2-band
Soap - Wholly Kaw Pompelmo
A/S - Brickell unscented

The Mergress keeps surprising me with how good it is, but I don't know why, because it's a Merkur and I love my other Merkurs, so of course it's good. A 7th-use Astra mowed smoothly through the stubble, thanks to an excellent lather with brush and soap. Other than a tender spot on my neck due to overshaving yesterday, I got no irritation and a really close shave. That's a bingo!

Razor: Kampfe Bros. Star H-R14B Lather Catcher
Blade: Personna GEM Carbon Steel Blade
Brush: Rick Montalvo Grade A Silvertip Badger
Pre-Shave: Cremo Brushless Shaving Cream
Lather: Razorock Mudder Focker
Aftershave: Mennen Skin Bracer
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder

PSX_20200712_081500.jpg

proxy.php

Rockwell 6S, Duke 2 Best, Polsilver, TOBS Grapefruit, Chatillon Lux Yuzi/Rose/Pathouli AS

Note: this is the last Simpson’s “Best” Badger brush I buy.... This one just arrived and was more like pure badger and not anything like my other Duke 2 I misplaced. It can take rust off a trailer hitch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom