IMG_0098.JPG

Saturday
Prep: Warm Shower-Stirling Baker Street
Soap: Crowne & Crane Thuringian Forest
Razor: Vintage Gillette NEW Short Comb
Blade: Personna Med Prep (4)
Brush: Henri et Victoria High Mountain White-22mmx55mm
Aftershave: Country Club Southern Oud

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

Crowne & Crane Thuringian Forest today. 20 seconds to load the Henri et Victoria High Mountain White brush. Easy, thick, slick, lather. I loaded a new Personna Med Pred in the Gillette NEW Short Comb. Excellent smooth, close, shave. I finished with Country Club Southern Oud aftershave.

Bob

SOTD 2-23-19

The Club | Signature
Cadman-Beau | Synthetic
Phoenix Shaving | Ascension DOC SS | Triad Rolling Hex SS
Treet Platinum Super Stainless Steel

proxy.php

SOD 2/23/2019

Proraso White Pre-Shave Balm
Taylor of Old Bond Street Shaving Soap
Ever Ready 200 w/Manchurian Fan
Gillette Aristocrat #16 w/Gillette Silver Blue
Gentleman Jon's Alum Block
Thayer's Rose Petal Witch Hazel
Old Spice Aftershave (India)

IMG_2188.jpeg

That Model-T has found itself a home.
Sharp setup, Guy!

Patti
Thanks Patti.

Six days of 2 pass BBS shave with the Model-T I have become enamored with this shave tool. Better than I expected for the price point. Definitely a keeper.

2/23/19
Chiseled Face Midnight Stag
Vie-Long 14080
11/16 Puma #91
Tony Miller 3" Premium Fast Bridle Strop
RazoRock Alum Stick
Clubman Reserve Whiskey Woods
Art of Shaving Kingsman-Bourbon Balm
Dolce & Gabbana The One
SOTD2-23-19.jpg

SOTD, Saturday, February 23rd, 2019

Shower at gym + glycerin soap face lather and rinse
Arko shave soap stick
Merkur badger brush
Filarmonica 6/8" straight razor
Cool washcloth rinse
Speick aftershave

proxy.php

9EED3BDD-DA52-43EC-9FDB-AF4593924169.jpeg

Razor: Gold Dollar Straight
Soap: Razorock American Barber
Brush: Simpson Special
Aftershave: Razorock American Barber

Happy straight razor Saturday! I knocked out my 4th shave ever not the best results, but it’s better then my first.

proxy.php

SOTD 02/23/2019

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: NAVAJA Fríodur Inox. 72 1/2

Brush: CRV SCNHG -2018 Dos Bandas

Pre-Shave: FLOID Pre

Lather: Le Pérez Lucien ITALIAN BARBERSHOP R&P

Aftershave: FLOID Blue

Additional Care:

MYRSOL emulsión​

Can you elaborate on your razor? Love the handle!
The handle is a favorite of mine and I used to use it quite frequently. Since I primarily use an SE/injector, until recently, I haven't had the opportunity to use this beloved handle. A gentleman named Toby Sooter (online handle is Triad---I'm not doxing him as this is common knowledge and he uses his real name on FaceBook connecting to his prior part-time business, "Triad"). The reason I hadn't been using DEs is because none of them even approached the comfort and efficiency of my vintage SEs and Schick injector. That is, until recently. The Phoenix Shaving Ascension Double Open Comb razor is a re-tooling of their original DOC. The original DOC was an homage to the Grand Shave King razor. The original DOC from Phoenix Shaving was a nice razor, but too mild for my taste. The Ascension is a completely different beast. I have both the Aluminum and the 316L Stainless version (the current shave). I gravitate to the SS due to the weight and slightly less draggy finish. The stock handle on the Ascension is actually perfect and balances well. However, I've longed to get back to using, the Rolling Hex Triad for some time. I discovered the resulting shave is identical in terms of balance. That's no surprise because as luck would have it, the weight is almost precisely the same as the stock handle (within a single gram). The handle is also 316 stainless and is matches the head as if it were made for it. Being a shower shaver, I've always loved my Rolling Hex due to the well placed "pinch points" which offer more stability that even the most aggressive knurling---at least in my experience.

I hope this is what you were looking for.

Wolfman WR1 .54 SS on UFO Titan - Morris and Forndran 2xl Tortoise Gel Tip Finest (all Lee) - Aesop SS Lather Bowl - Grooming Dept Unscented Preshave - Grooming Dept Tao Soap - Grooming Dept Black Pepper and Lemon Serum Post
20190223_162759.jpg

Pre-Shave: Coconut Oil
Lather: TOBS Grapefruit
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Razor: Schick Injector E Type / Personna Blade
Witch Hazel + Tea Tree Oil
Balm: Nivea Sensitive
Cologne: Cella Colonia Classica
IMG_1572.JPG
An unseasonably warm & sunny day here in Bristol (UK). So after a day cycling in North Somerset, the TOBS Grapefruit followed by the Cella lemon cologne provided a nice refreshing citrus zing.
First shave with a Schick Injector; couldn't get the angle, so too much scraping over the same area left me with a face like a slapped backside. I smell great though!
Today's Music: King Crimson- The Great Deceiver Vol 2, Live 1973-1974
IMG_1568.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom