What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" December 16th - December 22nd, 2019

SOTD 22 December 2019

Prep: Cold water
Brush: Morris&Forndarn Style 3 Ocean Mist Acrylic (26mm Finest Badger)
Razor : Koraat "Golden Beauty"
Soap: Wholly Kaw Fougère Mania
Cologne / Fragrance: Paco Rabanne One Million
proxy.php

323AA7B0-CB57-4B8D-9BC4-7D782D4F8DF6.jpeg

SOTD 12/22/19

Incredibly great shave on this 22nd day of Decadent December. Up early to prepare for the arrival of our Christmas/New Year’s guests. The MMOC really plowed through the whiskers on my favorite MWF lather. I would shave every day with this soap, but still need to work through my other soaps none of which in my estimation can hold a candle to the Fat, and that includes the two pucks of that fancy French MDC stuff the bride bought me for Christmas. In any case, beautiful, smoooth BBS of both noggin and face. I feel clean and refreshed!

RAZOR: Gem Micromatic OC
BLADE: Pella SS PTFE
PREP: Cold water rinse of face and dome followed by PAA’s Charcoal-Menthol Cube Preshave Soap
BRUSH: Viking Silvertip Badger
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Thayers Lavender WH and finished with PAA’s Unscented Cooling Mysterium Serum

Sunday
Pre-shave: Trader Joe’s Face Wash/Stirling Bergamot Lavender Pre-Shave Oil
Razor: Rockwell 6S
Blade: PermaSharp Super Stainless
Brush: AoS Silvertip
Soap: Stone Cottage Bayberry Shave Cream
Aftershave: Alum/Ogallala Bay Rum
Balm: Peter Thomas Roth Moisturizer

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday shave Dec 22-2019 and it will be a Schick shave with my brought back to life E2 that was purchased in rough shape from a remote Antique shop. This razor is one of the best shavers Schick ever designed IMO for getting a close shave with a light razor. It is nimble in the hand to use, easy to clean and mid upper range IMO. What is there not to like about a E2?

Razor : Schick E2 injector Canadian variant - MFG 1930's & 40's
Blade : Personna injector (6)
Soap : Razorock Lavender
Brush : Yaqi Timber wolf 24 mm
Pre shave : Brush wash the face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of clear aloe Vera gel on the beard area.
Post shave : Alum + cold water rinse
Post shave : Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch Hazel + Nivea balm
Results : 9/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + alum indicated some minor irritation + 3 blemish weepers = :biggrin1:

Sunday shave Dec 22-2019 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Sunday SOTD

DSC00165 (2).jpg

Razor: Schick Repeating Razor C2
Blade: Personna Injector (D7)
Brush: Yaqi Moka Express 2-band 26mm
Scuttle: Dirty Bird 1.5
Pre-Shave Scrub: Ginger Garden Enigma
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Unscented
Shave Soap: Black Ship Grooming Captain Joe
Balm: Taconic Unscented
Aftershave: Black Ship Grooming Captain Joe

12/21/19
Soapy Bathman "Nightclub" Shave Soap
H.L. Thater 4376/3 Silver Tip
6/8 Art of Shaving by Thiers-Issard
Tony Miller 3" Fast Bridle Strop
Omega Alum Stick
Murray & Lanman Florida Water
Nivea Sensitive Skin Post Shave Balm
Nautica Blue
SOTD12-21-19.jpg

12/22/19
RazoRock P.160
H.L. Thater 4376/3 Silver Tip
5/8 C.V. Heljestrand Mark 3
Tony Miller 3" Steerhide Strop
Omega Alum Stick
Clubman Original
Body Shop Kistna Balm
Montblanc Starwalker
SOTD12-22-19.jpg

SOTD - 2019.12.22
Growth: 24h
Brush: ŌKU Jerte by P&P - 26mm two band finest extra density
Soap: Enigma by Frankincense
Razor: Gillette Aristocrat
Blade: feather
Post: lather face wash, alum, concoction (*), PAA mysterium serum
Passes: 2 - WTG, XTG
Rating: 5/5

(*) witch hazle 50ml, 5ml glycerin, tea tree (10), Argan (25), bergamot (10), pachuli (5), Cocunut oil + CBD (5), menthol crystals - (drops)
proxy.php

What a better day to try out my new design that I’ve called Jerte. First use with scents from the area that’s given the name to this brush: “Valle del Jerte”, in Western Spain. Soap created by Frankincense with lovely notes from the low mountains from that region.
Very pleased with the brush performance, confort and design. This is a keep for my 2020 lineup.

Greetings from Santa Rosa, CA

Saturday SOTD
View attachment 1045359

Razor: Schick Repeating Razor C2
Blade: Personna Injector (D6)
Brush: Zenith B20 Boar 28mm
Bowl: Asfreidaturns Texas Mesquite 4 1/4"
Pre-Shave Scrub: Ginger Garden Enigma
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Unscented
Shave Soap: Southern Witchcraft Samhain
Balm: Organic Shea Butter
Aftershave: Southern Witchcraft Samhain

Great shave! I bought the exact same razor, but have been having a devil of a time loading it. Does the magazine need to be full?

l
Great shave! I bought the exact same razor, but have been having a devil of a time loading it. Does the magazine need to be full?
No, I do not load mine all the way up usually between 6-8 for me and loads well as m spring is pretty tight. A friend of mine back in St. Louis had a C2 as well and he didn't have problems at first until he took it apart and oiled it, then blades stuck together. Maybe even gummed up the inside as well. Was hit and miss for him after that.

AD81E77A-F0C6-49E4-BC54-ED3F4555F065.jpeg

Dead Sea is great stuff from Razorock, really liked it. MLS Kraken seemed a fitting AS for it, and Diptyque new in the house, haven’t tried one of theirs I haven’t loved.

Grizzly Bay/TDR 26mm Fanchurian killed it as did the BB. Gillette Platinum on (2) rounded out a fantastic shave. 10/10

Top Bottom