• Passes: WTG, XTG, ATG
  • Post: Hot water rinse, witch hazel blend, cold water rinse, Royall Bay Rhum

Monday

Razor: 5/8 Ern Crown & Sword
Brush: Rooney Emillion
Soap: Trumpers Coconut Oil
A/S: SCS Lavender a/s milk
Edt: Atkinson's English Lavender

Headed out to deer camp for a few days,you gents have a nice week!

The Highland Soap Co Shaving Soap
Wilkinson Boar Bristle
6/8 Lockwood Bros. Hollow Ground Pampa
Handamerican Strop
Speick A/S Lotion
Nilotica Shea Butter

After swearing off of this soap last time I posted in the SOTD, I finally cracked it! There was a great soap hiding under all that olive oil after all, it just took a lot of time and experimenting to bring out. There were two missing pieces to the puzzle.
Number one was water quality. When I first started out wet shaving, I bought an R/O filter to offset my locally poor water quality in my obsessive-compulsive quest for the perfect lather. However, time and experience taught me that triple milled soaps would work well enough with my local water, so my R/O unit filled into disuse. Being a 100% natural soap, the Highland Soap Co. product doesn't contain any surfactants, meaning that local water quality would have a more detrimental effect on it than on triple milled soaps. So I dusted off my Kent Marine R/O unit, which produces 18-mega-ohm-cm lab grade water, and the difference was astonishing. After spending so much time wrestling with this soap I wasn't prepared to settle for astonishing, which brings us neatly onto puzzle piece numer two, Hydrolast Activator. In Method Shaving parlance the Activator product is designed to stretch a "high-velocity wet mix" in basic, sane, English this means that it increases the lifespan of thin, low-volume lather, much like that you get from Olive Oil soaps.
So, pure water, lathering on a dry face, Hydrolast Activator and a Boar bristle brush (this has as much to do with the fact that boar bristle doesn't absorb as water as badger, as well as the fact that the stiffer bristles pick up more soap,) and this soap is great. Great scent, some of the best skincare I've had from a shaving soap, and really slick lather that doesn't vanish a second after it was applied; it took a lot but it was worth it in the end. This works on other Olive Oil soaps too, you won't get mounds of rich, tallowy lather, like you do with triple-milled, but for anyone struggling with Olive Oil soaps, a bottle of distilled water, Hydrolast Activator and a Boar brush can make a big difference.

Monday 12/15

Slant
Personna US Made
VDH boar
Pirates Cove bay rum soap
Old Spice Classic after shave
Driven Cologne (sample swatch)

Another happy :smile: shave

Monday

Hardware
B&B Essential Brush
Ikea Shaving Bowl
Merkur Futur
Wilkinson Sword Blade

Software
Taylor's Rose SC
Speick ASB
Keig EdT

Johan 6/8 Spike
TOBS Avocado
Penwork's Silvertip
Thayer's Superhazel
CO Bigelow Black ASB

Had to go with the Avocado today, I've been hitting the Safari for a week. First day with the Bigelow Black ASB. Nice scent and seems to do the job.

Top of the morning to you all -- hope it's a great week for everyone!!

Hot shower
Proraso Pre-Post at beginning of shower
Shavemac 2007 forum D01 brush
Merkur Progress w/ Astra Superior Platinum blade
Floris JF soap + TSD Subzero cream
WWR
D.R. Harris Sandalwood A/S splash + TSD Subzero Ice A/S splash
CWR
Pinaud Clubman balm + TSD Tea Tree Ice milk
Knize Knize Ten EdT

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
after shower at the sink:

EJ B&B Georgian/REd IP(3)
Rooney 3/1 Super
MWF s/s
WWR
CWS
Thayers After Shave w/h
Speick a/s
Speick edt

QED Rosie pre-shave bar
Aristocrat Jr. w/ Wilkinson Sword "Light Brigade"
Rooney 1/1 Super
QED Lavender
Thayer's Original / QED Da Vinci Water
QED Lavender ASSC

Hot shower
'59 Fatboy on 9 w/Feather - d1
Lothantique Père et Fils shaving soap
BBE Brush
WWR / Thayer's Medicated Superhazel / CWR
CAR Hydrolast Sandalwood balm
B&B Cologne

I love the B&B cologne! :drool:

proxy.php

Proraso Pre Shave
Tabac
Duke 3 Best
Merkur HD
Derby
Pinaud Clubman
Nivea ASB

I'm begininng to really like the Derbys, I've had no luck with them in the past, but 3 months of experience later, these are good blades!

The Highland Soap Co Shaving Soap
Wilkinson Boar Bristle
6/8 Lockwood Bros. Hollow Ground Pampa
Handamerican Strop
Speick A/S Lotion
Nilotica Shea Butter

After swearing off of this soap last time I posted in the SOTD, I finally cracked it! There was a great soap hiding under all that olive oil after all, it just took a lot of time and experimenting to bring out. There were two missing pieces to the puzzle.
Number one was water quality. When I first started out wet shaving, I bought an R/O filter to offset my locally poor water quality in my obsessive-compulsive quest for the perfect lather. However, time and experience taught me that triple milled soaps would work well enough with my local water, so my R/O unit filled into disuse. Being a 100% natural soap, the Highland Soap Co. product doesn't contain any surfactants, meaning that local water quality would have a more detrimental effect on it than on triple milled soaps. So I dusted off my Kent Marine R/O unit, which produces 18-mega-ohm-cm lab grade water, and the difference was astonishing. After spending so much time wrestling with this soap I wasn't prepared to settle for astonishing, which brings us neatly onto puzzle piece numer two, Hydrolast Activator. In Method Shaving parlance the Activator product is designed to stretch a "high-velocity wet mix" in basic, sane, English this means that it increases the lifespan of thin, low-volume lather, much like that you get from Olive Oil soaps.
So, pure water, lathering on a dry face, Hydrolast Activator and a Boar bristle brush (this has as much to do with the fact that boar bristle doesn't absorb as water as badger, as well as the fact that the stiffer bristles pick up more soap,) and this soap is great. Great scent, some of the best skincare I've had from a shaving soap, and really slick lather that doesn't vanish a second after it was applied; it took a lot but it was worth it in the end. This works on other Olive Oil soaps too, you won't get mounds of rich, tallowy lather, like you do with triple-milled, but for anyone struggling with Olive Oil soaps, a bottle of distilled water, Hydrolast Activator and a Boar brush can make a big difference.

Whatever you do Alex, DO NOT TELL ANYONE! This could bring about an end to the culture of (AHEM) pricey hydroplaster accessories!!

Merkur Progress with a corked American Personna
QED Select 22mm Best :w00t:
Cyril R. Salters Wild ROse Shaving Cream
QED Rose Water Hydrosol
QED Original ASSC
Geo. F. Trumpers Sylvester Cologne

Razor: 38C
Blade: Swedish Gillette
Brush: Rooney 3/1 Super
Soap: Penhaligon's English Fern
A/S: Proraso splash followed by Proraso balm
Edt: D. R. Harris Arlington