What's new

SOTD 20-26 October, 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
1917 Gillette Standard/Gillette Plat.
Tweezerman Brush
Mama Bear's Lime soap
Crabtree & Evelyn aftershave balm

A fair one-pass shave. I blame the poor quality of this shave on my technique and just not following my normal routine for a new razor.

The 1917 is the first time I've encountered an aggressive Old type razor - just knew it the minute it touched my face. So I was very tentative in my shave and, instead of using a cream with an untried razor, I used soap. I've tried a couple of others (mainly 1908 ABC versions) and not noticed them being any more aggressive than more recent razors.

I'll continue using it this week, but with a good cream.

Shower / AOS Lavender SS :drool: / Shavemac 23mm fan head / HD open comb / Derby (3) / WWR / CWR / TWH Lavender / Aqua Velva ASB

Well well, we have an upgrade :001_smile. Ron, how does the silvertip compare to the QED best badger? I have been wanting to buy the silvertip.

Thanks,
Sachin

A good question.. To my face it is an issue of a more gentle address to the face, perhaps some additional water retention. The best solution to this question is to call Charles and order one of each.:lol:
Seriously, it comes down to the question of that for which you are looking.. I enjoy good quality pure, good quality best and good quality silver tip. The recurring issue is good quality in whatever grade of hair you get. The Selects are all high quality, with densley packed handmade knots.
If I had the funds to be the world's great shaving philanthropist, I would establish a foundation to buy a set for each gentleman seeking that answer. :w00t:

Proraso pre before shower
Gem w/ Pella (1)
B&B E
QED B&B SS
Boosters Polar Ice AS
W&S Lime ASB

the EDT for the day is a free sample from TPC or some other e-tailer. the name is....
iProfumi di Firenze Tuberosa d'Autunno

I assume it is a Rose scent but boy o boy... the top notes to me is a nice pungent whiff of stockyards on a very good day, possibly the beginning of pig day after a week of cattle. The middle notes were a mix of that and a coconut suntan lotion then the rose comes thru. I don't know how much it costs but it lasted 5 minutes tops on me. I think that is a good thing. There is only a hint of smoke or something like that that remains. If it were just the top notes, I could wear it most places in Oklahoma and everyone would know I farmed a little.

Merkur 1904 with Dorco PT
QED Select 24mm Silver tip:w00t:
Art of Shaving Soap with Lemon Essential Oil
QED Lemon Verbena hydrosol
Art of Shaving Aftershave Balm with Lemon Essential Oil
Jack Black Signature Silver Label EdP

SOTD-2008-10-26
Razor "Gillette Toggle"
Blade "Tiger"
Brush "Omega Boar"
Soap "Tryphon Bay Rhum"
Aftershave "Trumper Marlborough"

Vitamin E oil (testing if it's as good as other preshave oils)
Dubl Duck Dwarf
Muhle Pure Badger
Mr Taylor cream
Booster Oriental Spice

TOBS Sandalwood SS
AOS Pure Badger Brush
Gillette Exec #66 with Red Pack Israeli (Day 2)
Brut Musk AS

Givenchy Gentleman EDT (Reformulated)

Sunday

Merkur Futur / Derby blade
Rooney Heritage Horn
EJ Sea Buckthorn cream (tube)
Bourbon Parfums EdC; Clinique Post-Shave Healer
Taylor of Old Bond Street No. 74 Victorian Limes

Today was the first try with the EJ Sea Buckthorn that I received free when I ordered my last Chatsworth. I was unimpressed with the lather; it was almost like the lather generated from a cold pour soap. I'll have to try again; maybe I got my mix out of whack.

Sunday

Razor: 6/8 Thiers Issard
Brush: C&E EJ Super
Cream: Floris No.89
A/S: DR Harris a/s milk (old)
Edt: Floris No.89

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom