What's new

Soon to be newbie

Welcome aboard Jeff! I too am a newbie and patiently awaiting my gear. I feel like a little kid on Christmas Eve! So far, everyone at B&B has been absolutely amazing at answering ALL of my questions and provide great advice. Truly a great class of gentlement and the few ladies that I have come across on here. Definitely Top Notch! Steve

Just got word from the beautiful lady at the house that I had three packages show up today :w00t:

...everything but the sampler pack of blades:glare:

She said there was a sample blade that came with the merkur. Bullet dodged! :tongue_sm

Well, had my first DE wet shave last night. I contemplated just starting out with the wet shaving aspect and only changing up one thing at a time, then said...what the heck!

No cuts, and quite smooth. Definitely not BBS, but I realize that I'm not going to get there right away. My face definitely felt a little irritated after, but a splash of cold water fixed that right up. I realized afterwards that the little bit of irritation probably should have been expected. I shaved about 5 days growth (pretty heavy) and didn't shower before hand. I did make sure to splash my face with plenty of hot water before hand, and that I'm sure helped.

My biggest issues are, obviously, blade angle, but also breaking the habit of continuing to shave over areas that don't have soap. Just take it one layer at a time and re-lather. I did VERY much enjoy the scent of the soap and the massaging aspect of the badger brush. Took me a good half hour or so, but was very enjoyable. Forget progress, I'll take regress any day :w00t:

Top Bottom