What's new

Somewhat Disappointed - Wolfman WR1

I have both and enjoy each very much. They are very different. The WR2 has almost no blade feel, while the WR1 definitely has blade feel—although I still find it quite smooth.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I've both - WR1 with the .74 & WR2 1.05 both Open Combed. I've been trying to decide if I like one more than the other, for quite a while actually.

IMG_9811[1].JPG

Shave 5 tonight. I switched up the handles thinking since I prefer shorter handles I would use the 80mm WRH 1 instead of the 90mm WRH 7 I ordered with the WR1. No improvement in smoothness. The crazy thing about this is the actual end result of the shave I'm getting from the WR1 is superior to the WR2. I'm going to try a 7 O'Clock Black tomorrow and see if there's any difference. Thanks for the replies.

garyg

IMHO, the OC versions of both lack the smoothness of the SB.

Logically, a full safety bar might be smoother, like it's edge. I've only the OC, so can't make a direct comparison. When I have a choice, I've taken the Open Combs .. though I have read on the boards of folks who are scared of Open Combs, or report their being more aggressive. My face isn't sensitive enough I guess to make a difference other than an OC usually is more effective/aggressive ..

I have a WR1 0.7 and a WR2 1.15 both open comb. I get slightly better shaves with the 1. More blade feel, more control. Overall, I prefer the 1 but plan to keep both in the rotation for the time being.

Logically, a full safety bar might be smoother, like it's edge. I've only the OC, so can't make a direct comparison. When I have a choice, I've taken the Open Combs .. though I have read on the boards of folks who are scared of Open Combs, or report their being more aggressive. My face isn't sensitive enough I guess to make a difference other than an OC usually is more effective/aggressive ..

Do you shave daily with the OC?

garyg

Do you shave daily with the OC?

I rotate haphazardly through a number of different razors/formats, many are open combed but some, like the Injectors, don't really come with an open comb (save a certain Type C).

An OC can just be different than a SB, and can take time to tame. Have you used other OC razors? If not, you might consider picking up a Fatip OC to see if it’s the razor or your technique. Won’t break the bank and people love them. And learning to master the OC will only make you a better shaver.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

An OC can just be different than a SB, and can take time to tame. Have you used other OC razors? If not, you might consider picking up a Fatip OC to see if it’s the razor or your technique. Won’t break the bank and people love them. And learning to master the OC will only make you a better shaver.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I've used Olds and News many times over the years without issue.

Shave 6 tonight...HUGE improvement. Not sure if it was the 7 O'Clock Black I tried or if I'm just starting to get on with the razor but it was a much smoother shave. Hope it continues...

GREAT!! Hope things continue to improve. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Last post for me in this thread. Shave 7 tonight and had a great shave. I learned 2 things about the WR1 and the WR2:

1) Despite both being Wolfmans, these are 2 very different razors. From the head design to the way the razors clamp down on the blades. I prefer the sleeker head design of the WR1, but I like the way the WR2 clamps the razor down at all 4 corners. I believe this contributes to the smoothness of the WR2.

2) For those looking for comparisons, the .61OC is more efficient by a good margin than the 1.05SB but there is a loss of some smoothness, at least so far.

Thanks for the earlier replies and don't let my misplaced expectations dissuade you from looking at the WR1.

Top Bottom