What's new

solid cologne

I have a couple from Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements, and I enjoy them. I agree with others they are not as strong, but I like that.

I received my first solid cologne. I got Black Shroud from Phoenix Shaving because ever since I tried the sample after shave cologne I wanted more. I love it so far I haven't gone nose blind to it, I keep smelling it since putting it on about 6 hr ago.

We've got Aromantom here in the UK that make some great solid colognes but my first intro to them was through Solid State, which I think are an Australian brand. Their Wayfarer is amazing, it's like a Tom Ford Vanilla & Tobacco copy but spicier.

I’m kind of interested in trying the new ones being offered by Stirling
I just picked up a tin of Sharp Dressed Man from them. It’s my first solid cologne and I really like it. Smells exactly like the edt minus the alcohol. It’s a good bit more subtle, but easy to apply as much as you want for very precise control. I won’t replace liquid colognes with solid, but this is perfect for travel or to keep with you to reinvigorate the same scent previously sprayed.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I've used a couple.

Pros:
-easy to carry on you for re-application if needed
-good longevity
-no alcohol base
-scents tend not to be as cloying
-you can make your own with relatively few ingredients
-body chemistry does not seem to affect scent as much

Cons:
-linear scent profile (this can also be a pro, in that you know what the scent is going to smell like for the duration)
-silage and projection can be limited; they tend to be geared more towards people in close proximity to you - more intimate scents, if you will
-you probably would not want to apply to clothing
-solid cologne can liquefy if it gets too warm (as in 85 F or higher. You don't want to store the tin in direct sunlight or really close to your skin.

One would easily last me a month, but I tend to be easy on the application. I find that applying on the inside of the wrists and the base of the throat tends to give me best performance. If you like to reapply often it cannot hurt to have a backup (or an alternative scent). I do find that I get better performance from them when it is warmer.

Overall, I have enjoyed using them while traveling. I have taken a small tin overseas with me and had no issues traveling with it. Closer silage meant no one around me was offended or blasted by my scent while in close contact.
Fantastic explanation thanks
I was recently looking at stirling’s new line
Thinking what I’m the world? And hmm another thing I didn’t know was a thing. Do I need it? Lol.

I just picked up a tin of Sharp Dressed Man from them. It’s my first solid cologne and I really like it. Smells exactly like the edt minus the alcohol. It’s a good bit more subtle, but easy to apply as much as you want for very precise control. I won’t replace liquid colognes with solid, but this is perfect for travel or to keep with you to reinvigorate the same scent previously sprayed.
I’ll probably end up going with executive man if I do decide to get it
Fantastic explanation thanks
I was recently looking at stirling’s new line
Thinking what I’m the world? And hmm another thing I didn’t know was a thing. Do I need it? Lol.
Let’s go with the standard B&B answer. Of course you need it

Top Bottom