What's new

Softest boar brush

This
proxy.php

omega 80266

I find it better than Semogue 830 as it has the same softness but with better backbone. My goto.

Hi,

Maximum price range for subject 15-20$
I have bad experience with Semogue 830, so I want to buy another boar brush for my sensitive skin. After I started to use my Sivertip badger, I forgot all problems with scritching, no irritation due to boar brush.
Therefore, I need for my hard soaps some boar with silvertip effect
As I can be a cheapskate, let me know,if you are P'fing the brush:thumbup:

I have several boars, and several of these are Semogues. If you find an 830 not soft enough, im not sure what you'll find that's softer. I find it incredibly soft, probably these softest of any brush i've tried in the boar world. Im curious what you end up going with however.

Guys, another problem with 830 is latherabiliy. This brush cant hold lather for second and next passes. I can get nice lather for first pass, but after nothing. I cant understand why lather dissapear

My Semogue 2000 has broken in quite well over the years. It wasn't so soft to start, but now it's the softest one I got. More luxurious than my SOC.

Guys, another problem with 830 is latherabiliy. This brush cant hold lather for second and next passes. I can get nice lather for first pass, but after nothing. I cant understand why lather dissapear
It could be that the lather is being held in the breech of the knot. This is common and all brushes do it to one extent or another. Just give it a gentle squeeze from the bottom up and you'll find there is enough lather for 3 passes, probably even more than that.

On the other hand, there's no problem with reloading the brush after the first pass ... I usually don't have to do it, but when I have used this technique, the second or third load produces an abundance of lather. You don't have to rinse out the first lather, but its probably a good idea to re-wet the tips.

I recommend Omega bleached boars. They are very soft from first use so they do not need any break in time like Semogue ones. My preferred model is Omega 31025. It has a beautiful handle!

Cheers and good luck!

The only bad thing about horse brushes is that they are unbearably stritchy. And the way they knot if you use anything but painting motions. And how prickly they are.

Aside from that, they are great.

My vie long epsilon white knot is anything but skritch. So soft its ridiculous, the brown has a hint of skritch but still not bad.

I have a Vie-Long Horsehair brush, 35/65, 25/52mm in a Beehive handle and have used it extensively for about 18 months now. I use it exclusively for face lathering and it has never tangled and it has improved over time much as a boar brush does without splitting tips. At first it was scritchy but that disappeared in a reasonable period of time and it now has soft tips while maintaing good backbone.

In my experience horsehair brushes are best when of a 24mm or larger knot and of a short loft of 50-52mm. Shorter lofts of bigger knots prevent the tangling you are referring to.

I really like the brush I described above and because of that I am now breaking in a new Vie-Long Epsilon Fan 50/50, 27/50mm.

Top Bottom