What's new

Soap Sample Passaround Box

Well, I didn't really need to shave, but I did! And I chose...

Shave #2 / Box #1

Soap: Midnight & Two Provence
Brush: RR Plissoft Monster
Razor: Merkur Futur
Blade: Rapira Super Stainless
Aftercare: Thayer's Cucumber Witch Hazel, Speick Aftershave Lotion & Pacific Shaving Co. Caffeinated After Shave Balm... Then... Neosporin and a big *** Band-Aid for the chunk of skin I took of of my face below my eye!

proxy.php

Another great soap! The scent is amazing... I actually get the Lavender and Tea Tree right away... I could smell this all day, every day!!!

Great lather, great shave, great face-feel afterwards... Overall, pretty damn great soap!

I'm pretty angry my Seahawks lost, but a great shave kind of makes up for that a bit... Go Hawks!

Don't shave angry! Blood loss can ensue

Double good fortune. You can participate in two boxes at the same time!

Is this your first go with an aggressive razor? You should really give the steep angle a try if you haven't before. It doesn't work with most razors, but it works very well for the ones it does work on (like the Fatip)

Box 3 in transit to [MENTION=112888]Shea[/MENTION]shaves

Great time being in this. I'll be getting the last few reviews posted soon....I hope.

One last shave before sending Box #1 on to [MENTION=86819]tclobaugh[/MENTION]!

Shave #3 / Box #1

Soap: Bain Amour Bonjour Beau
Brush: DeLuxe Shaving Co. 30mm Silvertip
Razor: Merkur Fugue
Blade: Rapira SS
Aftercare: Speick Aftershave Lotion & Pacific Shaving Co. Caffeinated After Shave Balm.

proxy.php

I pretty much chose this soap blindly. I had all the bags in the shipping box, and blindly pulled one out... Then, I blindly pulled a sample out... I'd say I chose pretty well!
Overall, this is a really great soap. The scent is very fresh and clean, and I love that! Made one pass, then some minor touchups and it felt great. DFS!

Once again, I really appreciate the opportunity to get in on this! I only shaved with 3 of the soaps, but having the chance to actually smell ALL the soaps in that box was priceless!

Box #1 will be headed to Oklahoma in the morning!

Is this your first go with an aggressive razor? You should really give the steep angle a try if you haven't before. It doesn't work with most razors, but it works very well for the ones it does work on (like the Fatip)

Yall have to forgive me. It's been 3 days and am just now taking a few sniffing the samples. I've been studying for my exams. I have done amazing in 3 of my classes and am still waiting of the 4th. Anyways my nose is a bit clogged. Trying to smell about 10 at a time and taking a 30 mins break in between. I have found some nice scents so far. I do not know why but I feel like lathering up the bacon. Even though it really bad...

I've been shaving with my soaps because I've been in a bit of a rush to get out the door. My reviews will start tomorrow.

Yall have to forgive me. It's been 3 days and am just now taking a few sniffing the samples. I've been studying for my exams. I have done amazing in 3 of my classes and am still waiting of the 4th. Anyways my nose is a bit clogged. Trying to smell about 10 at a time and taking a 30 mins break in between. I have found some nice scents so far. I do not know why but I feel like lathering up the bacon. Even though it really bad...

I've been shaving with my soaps because I've been in a bit of a rush to get out the door. My reviews will start tomorrow.

We understand that real life doesn't stop just because the boxes arrive. Glad to hear you're doing well on your tests. Thanks for keeping us updated

Yesterday I shaved with Soap of the Gods - Fougere. The scent reminds me of one of my ex's soap. I was in a bit of a hurry, so, I was not able to get a good shave in but I did use the Piccolo Tip Razor. I tried to take my time a bit because it was a new razor but I still have a few nicks. I need to learn a new way to shave my upper lip besides XTG and ATG. As XTG does not get the hairs and ATG is just to rough for my skin. I dislike that we need to be clean shavin at work. I go to work with a slight 5 O'clock shadow and from time to time I get to asked if I have shaving that day :mad2:

Shave 2 Box #2 Speick Shave Stick

Scent is a nice clean scent for me, as I like the clean scent its a bit of a plus. It toke me a bit of time to whip up a good lather, as I had to much soap in the bowl but I found the right amount in the end. Am still using the Piccolo Tip Razor (again any tips would be great.) It seem the soap is not for me because am getting a bit of reaction and its only been about 20 mins after the shave. I did not use my alum nor a AS.
$20161217_230120.jpg

David or Chris, as X-mas is around the corner would y'all like me to keep the box for a bit longer or try to have the box send out Tuesday? I would not want the box to get lost and As I am planning on sending the razor out Tuesday anyways.

I should really proof read before sending my posts :lol:

Last edited:

Yes, this is my first use of an aggressive razor. With my growth am happy that am trying it before I have ever thought about buying one myself. I think am going to stick to the mild for a bit longer (more like forever.)

Box 3, Shave #1

Soap: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements - Salty Lime (discontinued)
Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable
Blade: Perma-Sharp
Brush: Whipped Dog Synthetic

Performance and Lather: This soap has a soft consistency. A small amount of soap whipped up into an impressive lather. Slickness and protection were good. Post shave was good / average.

Scent: Sea salt and lime. Very pleasant scent. Strength of fragrance is very good. It's a bummer PAA discontinued this one, it would make a great soap for a warm sunny day. I did get a bit of tingling / irritation towards the end of the shave, so if you have sensitive skin you might want to steer clear of this one.

Conclusion: Good shave with the Salty Lime. Didn't require a lot of soap to whip up a nice lather. Ended up with a good shave even though I got a bit of tingling from the fragrance.

$SaltyLime.jpg

The Box has landed!!! Did a quick sniff through the box to sort out the try vs. skip. It helps that I've tried a lot of these in the past (previous passes), but there is a lot of new stuff too.

Sniff test impressions:
B&M Latha Oceana - nice cool water type scent. I know B&M well and the scent doesn't speak to me enough to test it out.
B&M Latha - smells like fresh clean diapers!! I don't know what this scent is, but it's what product development at P&G thinks babies should smell like. A definite pass
Soap Smooth - New brand to me. sweet, hard to describe, but I like it and since it's a new brand I will test lather
Jeeve of Hudson - conservatory New brand to me. Scent description escapes me. aqua notes maybe. New brand for me so I will test lather
I Coloniali mango - New brand to me. I like the scent. I will test, even though it may set me up for heartbreak
WSO zaro New brand to me. will test brand. scent is too light for me to pass judgement
P&B - Citra Royale New brand to me. nice citrus with something else darker. I wanted to try this brand and like the scent
Blades grimm - smolderNew brand to me. sweeter than I would have imagined from description. Will test lather
MLS Kraken Interesting aqua notes. will test lather
Bain Amour - Bonjour beau aqua notes - will test lather
bluebell limewood New brand to me. I like citrus, and this is nice. want to try brand as well
Mike Lime love mikes, love citrus. need to test lather this one. (one of the few Mikes I've not tried that i want to)
Shannon - Amaretto New brand to me. really like this
Shannon - silk pj and lit This are interesting enough that I will test lather if I have time
Sweet comb Chicago New brand to me. i detect some citrus here, so this is the scent I chose
Midnight and two New brand to me. Picked citrus island and the cabin to test.

Current list:
1. BJ Rose -
2. rockclimber -
3. Smattayu -
4. elvergun -
5. sfeile -
6. cvargo
7. NyquistRate -
8. bobmsp -
9. Grundi -
10. huskers
11. Corsair66 - please skip Ken for box three.
12. Jamzdean - skipped or dropped at his request (I think)
13. rx dude -
14. samarijack -
15. sheashaves710 - Box 3
16. Kaidoh - Box 2 (aboout to send to davidr2340
17. TriggerMan - offline for a few months, per the rules TriggerMan will be skipped
18. davidr2340 -
19. tclobaugh - [helping to moderate] Box 1
20. dangerousdon
21. CzechCzar
22. JayEddie
23. Chumango
24. JSouthard825
25. Oteixeira
26. back to dfoulk1

The Box has landed!!! Did a quick sniff through the box to sort out the try vs. skip. It helps that I've tried a lot of these in the past (previous passes), but there is a lot of new stuff too.

Sniff test impressions:
B&M Latha Oceana - nice cool water type scent. I know B&M well and the scent doesn't speak to me enough to test it out.
B&M Latha - smells like fresh clean diapers!! I don't know what this scent is, but it's what product development at P&G thinks babies should smell like. A definite pass
Soap Smooth - New brand to me. sweet, hard to describe, but I like it and since it's a new brand I will test lather
Jeeve of Hudson - conservatory New brand to me. Scent description escapes me. aqua notes maybe. New brand for me so I will test lather
I Coloniali mango - New brand to me. I like the scent. I will test, even though it may set me up for heartbreak
WSO zaro New brand to me. will test brand. scent is too light for me to pass judgement
P&B - Citra Royale New brand to me. nice citrus with something else darker. I wanted to try this brand and like the scent
Blades grimm - smolderNew brand to me. sweeter than I would have imagined from description. Will test lather
MLS Kraken Interesting aqua notes. will test lather
Bain Amour - Bonjour beau aqua notes - will test lather
bluebell limewood New brand to me. I like citrus, and this is nice. want to try brand as well
Mike Lime love mikes, love citrus. need to test lather this one. (one of the few Mikes I've not tried that i want to)
Shannon - Amaretto New brand to me. really like this
Shannon - silk pj and lit This are interesting enough that I will test lather if I have time
Sweet comb Chicago New brand to me. i detect some citrus here, so this is the scent I chose
Midnight and two New brand to me. Picked citrus island and the cabin to test.
You've got more discerning olfactories than I have. Very nice observations!!!

I think that's one of the hidden fun things about these boxes - going thru them to determine based on reputation...and...scent, which ones make it into the "try" stack. I grouped my try stack by like scents and made a 2nd comparative pass to whittle the samples down to fit in my week and shave opportunities.

I have noticed that although the difference in soap performances are narrowing, there's a huge variance in soap scents (personal favorability rating, strength of scent, longevity, etc).

Well, I sent out two boxes today. I don't have the tracking number on me at this time. But I will when I get back home. I hope I sent the box to the right person.:thumbup1:

Top Bottom