What's new

Soap as slick as Cremo?

IMO, YMMV, and all the rest of that stuff...
The Conk is junk! Put it in the trash or use it as a hand soap.
Try quality soaps like...
Declaration Grooming
Grooming Department
Oleo
Zingari Man
Chiseled Face
Castle Forbes
MDC
SF
These are good soaps. Leave the stuff you can buy at the drug store or Walmart or Amazon alone and you will learn there is a whole world of differences in soaps. And slickness is just one small part of it.

Reactions: JPO
Cremo is slicker than most, but I'd suggest trying a soap and using a lot of water when you build the lather with your brush. One of the slicker soaps I've tried is Cella Extra Extra Bio in the green tub. Don't go for the Santa Claus lather, make the lather fairly thin with lots of water.

When mixed with the appropriate amount of water, Cremo becomes incredibly slick, but so are 170 other soaps in my collection. The difference is that those 170 soaps have attributes that Cremo lacks. Overall I rank Cremo around average in performance (a grade of C). That is not good enough to be included in my soap rotation at home. However, when I travel, I find Cremo to be acceptable and convenient. I like using Cremo with a synthetic brush when I travel. I use a coffee cup from the hotel room to build a pseudo lather rather than using it as a brushless cream.

Cremo is too slick. I don't use it for my face, haven't in years. There are countless good soaps on the market that IMHO out perform Cremo in every way, shape and form.

I occasionally use Cremo, BUT only as a pre-shave conditioner.
The wetter and thinner the lather is applied on my face the better. Then I rinse most of the Cremo off. Only at that point do I apply a good hard soap lather with a brush. Works for me!

I love the scents of Cremo :)
wife loves it for her use
to me its my go to for easy no brush like camping

I have tried it for a preshave early on BUT I quit and found soaps that did not need preshave :) to me you should not need a soap to make another soap work :)

agree with others there are better soaps and you really just need to go down the rabbit hole and start trying them if for anything so you know what you love you might end up back at cremo (doubt it) but you very well may find something like I did that very easily is superior :)

my top 2 performers these days are SV not cheap but cheap per shave as they just last for ever and are amazing in hard water which is something I fight with this is my #1 :)

the other has been caties bubbles and its very inexpensive :) also you can get 2 oz samples for like $8 and that is a huge sample that you can really use for a while this is my #2

to me quite a few of the other artisan soaps all are very close and none are bad its just that we find things we like about them that might perform a touch better than others for our face and our razors and our water
for me most of these are #3 and fall a touch short in post comfort and slickness

Top Bottom