What's new

So you thought you'd spend less switching to DE, huh?

For the ultimate cheap shave in the UK I doubt you'll ever beat the Boots disposable single blade razor at 85p for 10, but what a waste of plastic.

For those on limited budgets Boots also do a dirt cheap DE razor for £3.69 plus 5 blades (ie about $8) which might be a good way to get started. You can still get the chunky black plastic Wilkinson Sword razors (with the metal bar in the handle) for about the same price or a little more. I started with one of these over 30 years ago and I'm amazed they are still in production.

Next time I pass a Boots I might pick up some of this stuff and give it a go, just for a laugh

Saving money never entered my logic. For 30+ years, I was just another sheep blindly chucking money at Gillette for whatever their latest cartridge was. If saving money was the intent, then I really suck at this, after buying 2 B&B brushes, a razor and stand from TESC, and from here finding Basenotes and hence a rapidly expanding cologne and aftershave collection.

This morning though, after using my B&B silvertip on a sample of some Floris Elite cream (found through B&B), and seeing the absurd amount of lather I can get from a small amount of the cream, I now know I can use much less and still have more than enough for at least two passes. Big savings to follow. ;-)

Today, my first DE arrived, courtesy of a member here. And so the journey really begins now. Yeah, bay-bee!

Since stumbling across B&B, drugstores have never been the same! Lump me in with the guys who haven't saved a dime since joining, but found an exciting new hobby! I think I've managed to get my RAD and SCAD under control. Nowadays, I've moved on to the heavier stuff... colognes!

-Pete

Shaving money... I meant saving money was the excuse I gave to my wife. But after she saw the razors and creams that I bought... she knew it was ruse. :a13: :a13: :a13: :a13:

Oh well at least I was able to purchase some gillette's off of ebay before she threw the computer off the roof.

:hang:

Heck no, I never use the "save money" excuse. I figured out long time ago that never works. I'm too much of an ADholic.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Each DE you buy is one your kid won't have to. I don't have to justify anything.:cool:

Ditto for straights. I have visions (halucinations??) of handing off 'one of Grandpa's razors' to each one of my grandkids in a few decades when I finally have grandkids. (working on the getting married & having kids part right now ... )

Top Bottom