What's new

So which Gillette is this?

I just received my razor today that I won on eBay over the weekend. It certainly doesn't look like any Gillette I know.

DSC02657.JPG
DSC02656.JPG

Apollo in Gillette case, nice score!
And we have a WINNER!!
DSC02658.JPG

I was thinking I was bidding on a cased Apollo in pretty good condition, but totally did not notice the bottom right of the case when it was closed in the last pic on eBay.

Oh well, I guess I have to look for a Gillette that fits that case and a case for the Apollo.

Different than mine, but handle looks familiar though not exactly the same[ as these. Seem to be some variants.
proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
+1, Doug. Though I wonder if the handle could be a generic Solingen handle? - I am no expert, I hasten to add!
This was not my first Apollo/Ben Hur, but the first time I seen the handle. There is a good chance that it is not an Apollo handle as it fits too well.

This was not my first Apollo/Ben Hur, but the first time I seen the handle. There is a good chance that it is not an Apollo handle as it fits too well.

Different than mine, but handle looks familiar though not exactly the same[ as these. Seem to be some variants.
proxy.php

proxy.php

Reason I suggested another brand was that I have a similar one - or more correctly, upon double checking: An almost similar one, mine actually looks a lot like the one pictured by @jmudrick:

I got mine on a no-name German anticor razor. It is a great weighty handle, fits a Tech perfectly!

175004E4-7C14-4E7F-A237-8B09DBD98914.jpeg

Top Bottom