What's new

So...what's your "forever soap"?

I'm not into spending a lot of money on a single soap so I use my MdC Vetiver for special occasions. It's the most expensive I've bought. It's going to last my lifetime at the rate I'm going.

Highly underrated scent. Nobody ever talks about. Still available in the bison base too!

I love it! It's sheer perfection in my book. The scent, the protection, the slickness, the post-shave.
I haven't tried many of the highly praised artisans (Grooming Dept., Talbot, etc.) but I'm very satisfied with DG Bison base. I rate it well above Wholly Kaw and B&M.
I have other DG in the bison base (Trismegistus, Bon Vivant), but as soon as Maggards restocked Cuir Et Epices I've bought another puck. I didn't feel the need to try another scent.

I love it! It's sheer perfection in my book. The scent, the protection, the slickness, the post-shave.
I haven't tried many of the highly praised artisans (Grooming Dept., Talbot, etc.) but I'm very satisfied with DG Bison base. I rate it well above Wholly Kaw and B&M.
I have other DG in the bison base (Trismegistus, Bon Vivant), but as soon as Maggards restocked Cuir Et Epices I've bought another puck. I didn't feel the need to try another scent.

I’ve decided the Icarus base doesn’t shave as well as the bison base. I wish he hadn’t “upgraded” the base.

I have several in a rotation. I use a soap for a week straight, or a month also.
Tabac is on the top of my list.

Pre de Provence #63. It will last a very long time and works great. I might get an empty shave stick container and grate one to use for travel. Then it would 5 times milled since it's already quad-milled.

I'm never getting there but I'll say this, when I got my Oleo Rougere, I used it for about a month straight. I just couldn't get enough of that scent!!

I started with Proraso soap in the '70s, have tried a good number of other brands in the years since, presently the only soaps i own are two Prorasos... there is tub of another brand of cream around here if i ever feel a need for variety.
dave

MdC for me.

MdC is on my reorder list. (Whenever I finish it - lasts forever). Other top two are tabac and wholly kaw dm king of oud.

Have other stops that I enjoy a bunch but those three only reorders and MdC is my favorite of the top. (Might also reorder box of arko sticks but doubt I ever run out$

I think I'd have to go with Derby. The performance is incredible, regardless of the price (which is very cheap). To me, it's close to on-par with Tabac, but while Tabac's scent is more of a winter-only scent for me, Derby works any time. Not saying it's my favorite soap, but it always gives me a great shave and doesn't have a scent that I associate with a particular time of the year.

I still have plenty I will try, but in my year of using different soaps I have found the one I will alwys like above the rest.

B&M Hallows

Everytime i open that container its an experience. Hopefully I can keep finding containers of it.

If I had to pick only one I guess it would be Mickey Lee Kraken. That reminds me I have to get another tub.

Same here; thankfully I don’t have to only pick one.

Kraken is the closest I’ve come to knocking other stuff out of the cabinet tho. Interested to try some of their other stuff when I get around to it.

Top Bottom