What's new

So Many Blades to Try

PreWar Tech
Asco Super Stainless Orange Wrapper
Zenith bleached boar
MdC Agrumes
Hyaluronic Acid
Vanilla Highball

The first few strokes, the blade was of average sharpness. But it lost its sharpness very quickly & it turned into a below-average blade for 90% of my shave.
IMG_5861.jpg IMG_5860.jpg

I notice that a lot of comments praise the orange and the red blades. I have not shaved with either. My experience with Made in Egypt blades is generally uninspiring. I am finding the few that I have used to be very average "C" tier blades.

I am using a Silver Star this week which I do find better than the Big Ben or Shark Platinum. In the same price range, Treets seem to be better blades overall?

PreWar Tech
Wilkinson Sword
Omega Premium Jade
MdC Agrumes
Hyaluronic Acid
Vanilla Highball

Superb shave today! This was a magnificent blade. I'm carefully putting it back in its wrapper to use & enjoy more after my one & done blade journey is over. I look forward to more shaves with this gem.
View attachment 1694640 View attachment 1694641
Love this blade, just had a hard time getting them for a while and ended up giving up.

Reactions: Kix
PreWar Tech
Asco Super Stainless Orange Wrapper
Zenith bleached boar
MdC Agrumes
Hyaluronic Acid
Vanilla Highball

The first few strokes, the blade was of average sharpness. But it lost its sharpness very quickly & it turned into a below-average blade for 90% of my shave.
View attachment 1695212 View attachment 1695213
YMMV is amazing sometimes. This one gave me 5 superb shaves before becoming difficult to use.

Shave #184

PreWar Tech
SuperMax Super Stainless
Rudy Vey Zenith unbleached boar
MdC Agrumes
Hyaluronic Acid
Vanilla Highball

Above average blade
IMG_5863.jpg IMG_5862.jpg

PreWar Tech
Durablade Abest Hi Platinum
Rudy Vey 26mm Shavemac D01 3 band
MdC Agrumes
Hyaluronic Acid
Vanilla Highball

Started off well. Better than average sharpness & smoothness. The shave ended & I decided it never really broke through & so is a slightly better-than-average blade.
IMG_5865.jpg IMG_5864.jpg

Shave #186

PreWar Tech
Lord Super Stainless
Paladin 26mm
MdC Agrumes
Hyaluronic Acid
Vanilla Highball

Average blade
IMG_5867.jpg IMG_5866.jpg

PreWar Tech
Phoenix Shave Co. Platinum Strangelet
Rudy Vey Zenith Unbleached Boar
MdC Agrumes
Hyaluronic Acid
Lucky Old Man

Terrible blade! No need to say more.
IMG_5870.jpg IMG_5871.jpg

PreWar Tech
Gillette Silver Blue
Zenith Unbleached Boar
MdC Agrumes
Hyaluronic Acid
Vanilla Highball

Much better shave, this is an average to above average sharpness & marvelously smooth blade.
IMG_5872.jpg IMG_5873.jpg

PreWar Tech
Gillette Platinum Plus made in Brazil
Zenith unbleached boar
MdC Agrumes
Hyaluronic Acid
Vanilla Highball

I find it remarkable we can discern thinner blades from thicker blades. This blade is thinner & provides a nice smooth shave. The sharpness isn't quite top-tier, but overall this was a good comfortable shave.
IMG_5876.jpg IMG_5877.jpg

PreWar Tech
Crown Super Stainless
Rudy Vey 26mm Shavemac D01 3 band
MdC Agrumes
Hyaluronic Acid
Vanilla Highball

Really nice blade. Incredibly smooth, the sharpness is above average, but just a touch less sharp than the top shelf needs to provide. Above average blade!
IMG_5878.jpg IMG_5879.jpg

This thread reminds me of the Grateful Dead song "So Many Roads"

So many blades, I tell you
So many blades, I know
So many blades, so many blades...

Not quite, but...

Now you're playing my music, my friend! That's mighty high praise saying my blade journey reminds you of a Dead song!

And @FarmerTan, the Crown Super Stainless is an outstanding blade made by Lord, out of Egypt. But you already knew that thanks to @Bobovata!

Top Bottom