What's new

so cal cut throat

Welcome to Badger & Blade! There isn't much I can say that others haven't already said. West Coast Shaving is a very reputable vendor and a great B&B vendor who is pretty active on these forums. Check out the straight razor forums here also...a lot of great knowledge there.

If I might add, starting out...you might want to journal your triumphs and tragedies of straight razor shaving. Badger and Blade has a Journals section where many members have a shaving diary of sorts. You can read from their experiences and post your's. Members will chime in with words of wisdom and encouragement. Once again...Welcome to B&B!

I've been slowly coming around to exactly that. For around a hundred bucks I can be set up from Larry with a sight unseen, beginner strop and maybe a brush. That will get me started and then I'll be more content to take proper time to research a larger investment. The one thing I really have on my side is my wife. She feels the same way as me about a hot straight shave. Smokes cigars too heha. When talking about the price her words are "it's for life" so you know she gets it. She's also a master scuba diver so you know she understands how and why some things just cost more.

Check out Larry at Whipped Dog. Might save a few bucks.
The other great money saver is knowledge. If your willing to be patient, do a lot of reading, you can figure out where you want to prioritize spending your money.
Just some thoughts.

I did find the straight forum and the journal. I may give that a try.

Welcome to Badger & Blade! There isn't much I can say that others haven't already said. West Coast Shaving is a very reputable vendor and a great B&B vendor who is pretty active on these forums. Check out the straight razor forums here also...a lot of great knowledge there.

If I might add, starting out...you might want to journal your triumphs and tragedies of straight razor shaving. Badger and Blade has a Journals section where many members have a shaving diary of sorts. You can read from their experiences and post your's. Members will chime in with words of wisdom and encouragement. Once again...Welcome to B&B!

I've been slowly coming around to exactly that. For around a hundred bucks I can be set up from Larry with a sight unseen, beginner strop and maybe a brush. That will get me started and then I'll be more content to take proper time to research a larger investment. The one thing I really have on my side is my wife. She feels the same way as me about a hot straight shave. Smokes cigars too heha. When talking about the price her words are "it's for life" so you know she gets it. She's also a master scuba diver so you know she understands how and why some things just cost more.

Cool. Scratch the itch, see if it feels good!:a17:

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
A Whipped Dog kit will get you started right enough. You might want to get an extra razor. Oh the "cosmetiically flawed" razors will still shave just fine, so consider one of them for a backup.

Top Bottom