What's new

snake story

random rant/story for the night. i live a bit off the beaten path and as such do not find many wildlife issues to be problematic. no not even snakes, not even at my front door laying in wait to bite the next person to not notice him, not even when i find one or two just inside the house where they may have found a gap in a door. generally taking care of snake situations is not a problem even the smaller ones inside the house.

now why would i make a snake thread if that is my stance? because i find myself unprepared for the situation experienced tonight. i am getting ready to hit the hay, so i go to close my window blinds like i always do. i go to reach for the pull string when i barely notice some movement just above where i am reaching for. at the top right corner of my window blinds is a little water moccasin rearing back in striking pose intently looking at my hand, which at this point i am withdrawing very rapidly. i take a few steps back and think "how the bugger did he get up there and more importantly how am i going to get rid of him". oddly enough none of my snake "removal" solutions would work with where this snake was and if they failed and he fell I would in fact have a snake in my bed. after a bit of thinking and sorting through all possible tools that could be used safely (for me and window) i give a go with a small spade style shovel. get it right behind the head, then the blade stops because the snakes body is in the window track and he slips out of the pinch. time to reevaluate because he is now agitated and where i can no longer use the shovel. i go to get a trashcan (very long one) and see him moving when i come back in. take a minute to figure out how to position the trashcan. and figure it out only to find him gone when i look again....

so now i am even more cautious checking the ground and blinds, end up removing the blinds completely (and cautiously) just to find he is no longer there. now i am at a bit of a loss, i take a flashlight and look at the window seals checking for holes and/or cracks and that's when i saw the answer to many of the questions. there is a drill hole at the top of the window frame going to the attic from a security system installation a long time ago that was never sealed. so the snake must now be in our expansive attic, the good news. I do not care at all as long as it is not getting back in my room tonight. on that thought got some sealing epoxy that is not made for this application but will work for now and threw some duct tape over it for the night.

so there it is my fun filled adventure dealing with snakes for the night (i hope that's all for the night anyway). but i am signing out because i have to be awake for work in 6 hours.

so what if he comes back out of the hole.....:blink:

good thing you signed off...that'd keep you awake all night. :lol:

so what if he comes back out of the hole.....:blink:

On that thought got some sealing epoxy that is not made for this application but will work for now and threw some duct tape over it for the night.

I think epoxy and duct tape would stop snakes, just not rodents. Then again, once the snake grows up a bit, you might not have a rodent problem either. :001_cool:

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
I think epoxy and duct tape would stop snakes, just not rodents. Then again, once the snake grows up a bit, you might not have a rodent problem either. :001_cool:

+1

That is if the snake actually went into that hole and is not still in your bedroom. :blink:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
All of my snake stories end with Nick saying "Want to go camping?"

Top Bottom