What's new

Smoothest Blade ?

Made in England Wilkinson blades are very smooth. There are others that are smooth as well such as Made in Sweden Gillettes.

Made in India 7 o'clock green. Good for 3 super smooth shaves. I bought 1000 of them last year.

Rapira Platinum Lux. 2 shaves.

Voskhod but really dull on 2nd use for me.

As you can see from the answers, everyone has a different blade! For me, GSB and Polsilver si are best .

Smoothness, I am guessing, is a function of blade, skin, hair. Since most of us have used a variety of blades in different razors, with different soaps the choice of smoothest blade in a shaver's experience would seem to be based on how the blade, skin and hair interact, regardless of razor, lather, or technique. Seems to prove the adage YMMV.

Indian Gillette 7 o'clock - Parker variant.
Rapira Platinum Lux/KAI - Razorock GC.84
Treet Dura Sharp- Karve C.

I haven’t used a lot of handles, and have tried a few different blades. The one for me is Gillette spoiler in my super 84. Sometimes when everything is aligned with prep, it feels like there isn’t even a blade in my razor:)

Personna platinum, shark or Wilkinson sword blades are the best for me.

Feathers are also very smooth in non-aggressive razors.

Very razor dependent for me.

In my Timeless 95 OC, so far nothing seems smoother than a Personna Red
In my Gillette Adjustables, a KAI reigns supreme, although a Rapira Platinum Lux isn't too far behind
In just about any other razor I have, it's the Rapira Platinum Lux, followed by a Nacet & Wilkinson Sword Classic

Of course I have enough different blades for a prolonged trade dispute with Russia if one should occur, with a good 80 each of the Rapira Platinum Lux, Wilkinson Swords, Nacets, KAIs, and maybe 60 Pol-Silvers, not to mention 1-6 tucks of various other blades ranging from Astra SP, Bolzano, all the way to Feather. - At an average of 10 shaves per blade, that's a lot of shaves.

My Face Loves Vintage Gillette Spoilers
works well with almost all my Razors View attachment 931334
I find that with all my vintage blades, which is all I use anymore, that it doesn't matter what razor you use. A good blade is a good blade, and all the blades I use are smooth. If there is a difference it's slight and I'd give the edge to Wilkinson Light Brigades with Personna 74s and Super Stainless ( usa version ) and Gillette Platinum Plus close behind.

My go to are Astra SP blades in my SS Timeless .68 however I used Wilkinson Sword blades for the first time tonight & it was the best DE shave Ive ever had. Super smooth with zero irritation, cant wait to use them again tomorrow:thumbup:

When I DE shave, I use Shark Super Chrome blades.
Those blades irritate me the least.
I use a 1940's style Gillette Super Speed.

Top Bottom