What's new

Small synthetic brush recommendation

I've been looking for the same thing, except I'd prefer a synthetic. Got a plissoft from Italian Barber but it's bigger than I'd like for my gym bag and travel. Otherwise it's very soft with good splay. I've searched but can't find a good synthetic that is smaller. Anybody have any recs? Thanks.

I've been looking for the same thing, except I'd prefer a synthetic. Got a plissoft from Italian Barber but it's bigger than I'd like for my gym bag and travel. Otherwise it's very soft with good splay. I've searched but can't find a good synthetic that is smaller. Anybody have any recs? Thanks.

Italian Barber also has the “Amici” brush. (20x50)
Did you see it?

I bought a 20mm Timberwolf SYN from Maggard's. Knot only. I installed it in a VDH handle for a perfect fit @54mm loft. $7.95

rats, i missed that. but thanks. some of the sites don't list the overall length of these brushes. I don't feel like paying for shipping again after just ordering from IB. i emailed wcs to see what they recommend. I'll let you guys know.

Will you let me know how that works out?
I have a handle I’d like to repurpose.
Thanks!
The 20mm Timberwolf knot isn't listed on the Maggard's website. I went to the store and talked to Brad Maggard, owner. I like the 20mm knot so well that I will buy an extra replacement knot. Good Luck

Last edited:
M

Member 113878

I got one recently.
It has good backbone but also some scritch, so if you dislike scritch, you’d better avoid it.

M

Member 113878

• Knot diameter: 22 mm
  • Overall Height: 100 mm
  • Loft: 52 mm
  • Base: 48 mm
  • Handle diameter at narrowest point: 20 mm

M

Member 113878

upload_2019-3-2_13-37-29.jpeg

Thanks, guys.
I'm going to wait.
I have a Simpsons X2L coming on Tuesday.
I'm going to stick with boars and badgers for a while.

4243EB8E-E577-4340-A890-4AD0BB5FDBAA.jpeg

20mm.
I prefer the Muhle version of this brush. Costs more but has served me well for many years. However Frank Shaving does get decent reviews. And for $24.00 on Amazon...why not?

What kind of knot is in that Gillette travel brush pictured?

It should be an early boar. I have not used it, however, I do have the remnants of a dead knot that seems to match. I would say if the 2 are the same, it’s a boar.

Top Bottom