What's new

Slingshots / Catapults

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Many, and fun.

Dollar store marbles and internet ball bearings are the way to go...

šŸ¤” To me, slingshots work in three dimensions. Pocket arty. Drop always has to be considered, not a factor in short range pistol work.

I do enjoy breaking up crow raiding parties, when they are attempting to remove and kill baby birds from local nests. Never a chance of actually hitting one, but their shrieking when their gang tactics are broken up is worthwhile.

AA
Ā 

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Many, and fun.

Dollar store marbles and internet ball bearings are the way to go...

šŸ¤” To me, slingshots work in three dimensions. Pocket arty. Drop always has to be considered, not a factor in short range pistol work.

I do enjoy breaking up crow raiding parties, when they are attempting to remove and kill baby birds from local nests. Never a chance of actually hitting one, but their shrieking when their gang tactics are broken up is worthwhile.

AA

There was a couple of very large crows, dive bombing and attacking my cat just yesterday. Heā€™s only a teenager in age and size, but my cat is half feral and half tame and is mean as hell.

He jumped up and grabbed one of
those crows and almost wrestled it down before it got away.
They left him alone after that. :)
Ā 

Ad Astra

The Instigator
There was a couple of very large crows, dive bombing and attacking my cat just yesterday. Heā€™s only a teenager in age and size, but my cat is half feral and half tame and is mean as hell.

I'd'a paid money to see that... šŸ˜

AA
Ā 

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I love watching our fish-eating ospreys and our squirrel-catching hawks, but I hate the ugly black death-birds. March is the month crows return here; one of my neighbors actually asked me last week to start shooting them. šŸ¤” I'll have to check local laws, think they are agricultural pests or something.

AA
Ā 

OkieStubble

I love watching our fish-eating ospreys and our squirrel-catching hawks, but I hate the ugly black death-birds. March is the month crows return here; one of my neighbors actually asked me last week to start shooting them. šŸ¤” I'll have to check local laws, think they are agricultural pests or something.

AA

I have seen more crows as of late. Gives me an Alfred Hitchcock kinda vibe.
Ā 

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!

My big boy (14 pounds) would have done the same. He is scary fast when he wants to be, and can easily jump up on one of our window sills that is almost five feet off of the ground. Heā€™s not fat, just furry as hell (though he doesnā€™t shed on furniture or clothing)

4612FE91-4467-4034-A636-FAE8267F31F0.jpeg
Ā 

OkieStubble

My big boy (14 pounds) would have done the same. He is scary fast when he wants to be, and can easily jump up on one of our window sills that is almost five feet off of the ground. Heā€™s not fat, just furry as hell (though he doesnā€™t shed on furniture or clothing)

View attachment 1249036

That is a big boy... :)

Hereā€™s my little but very mean guy. But he donā€™t look so mean when heā€™s lounging. :)

27035908-EFDD-449B-87F9-4716D5483784.jpeg
Ā 

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Yeah, he looks big, she looks fat and pregnant. :)
That was just after we got her on Dec 31, 2019. She gave birth to a litter in the shelter. She is finally adapting a bit- she let me hold her for 10 seconds. She loves scratches behind the ear from me, but doesnā€™t care to be picked up. She has trimmed down a bit since she has been with us- lost the baby fat.
Ā 

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Top Bottom