What's new

Slim more aggressive than Fat Boy?

I just shave with my fatboy for the first time today and felt that it was less aggressive than my slim. I'm not sure because that was my first w/ the fatboy and have only had 2 with the slim. Both were set at nine. With the slim, I could definately feel the blade more adn wound up with a couple of cuts on the side of my neck from placing the blade on the skin to hard or bad angle. I also had to do one less pass and pretty much no touch ups with the slim. How do these two compare to you?

They feel the same to me.

But a quick tip, make sure that your adjustables DO adjust. I had a super adjustable that I have always thought it is super mild, until I found out that even the adjustment ring rotates and ticks, it actually doesn't adjust. So, elimiate the possibility first.

The head geometry is very different between the FatBoy and the Slim. The FB is more rounded while the outline of the Slim is shallower. This will make the razors shave differently. It will also mean that you'll need to adjust the angle you are using to hold the razor against your face. That is potentially the cause for the difference you are feeling.

I would say the Slim feels slightly more aggressive in my experience.
I almost ALWAYS get a better shave with the low-profile headed Gillettes.

Slims
Lady Gillettes
etc

I have a fatboy, but I always reach for the slim.

Top Bottom