What's new

Slant or Comb?

I have a small, but not insignificant, collection of razors (7) mostly of SS. Only one comb in the lot and it is an ATT S2 slant as well. Love it! Nice and close and I have to get pretty sloppy to cut myself.

I find I have to be a bit, to very, careful with the rest. The ATT set (2 handles and caps and 3 base plates) does an excellent job but will draw blood without too much effort. The Rockwell S6 and the Timeless bronze are much less thirsty, for me. Although I prefer longer handles, this doesn't play a part.

So the question is: is it the slant or is it the open comb that makes this such a good razor for me? What has been anyone else's experience?

Is RAD now a thing of the past?

So the question is: is it the slant or is it the open comb that makes this such a good razor for me? What has been anyone else's experience?

Yes it is. ;-) Not many examples of OC slants, but combined, they are extremely efficient and in the case of the S2 and the Fasan Double Slant (the one with the red dot and not the one that PAA cloned), those are some of the most comfortable and efficient slants around. Come to think of it, they are also the most efficient OC razors around.

I agree with @gvw755 regarding the ATT S2. I think you get the best of both worlds with the slant design combined with the open comb. When I first used my S2 I felt like this was going to be it, my last razor. Well, about half a dozen razors later I can't say that RAD is a thing of the past, but it has slowed down some....I think. :001_rolle

Top Bottom