What's new

Skimpflation in artisan soaps

Skimpflation is when products are reformulated to make them cheaper to make.

It seems many artisan brands are reformulating. I realize that some ingredients are not readily available or too expensive anymore.
We all know of products being discontinued (William Mug shave soap, etc.)

What ingredients have you seen disappear from soaps you liked? What reformulations do you think are better or worse?

Hmmm ... I was sort of under the impression a lot of artisans have engaged in a base war where they are adding more ingredients. Do you have an example?

Both House of Mammoth and B&M have reformulated recently. To their credit, they were honest. Others have just raised prices. In the coming months, some of the brands will change just like the products in the grocery store without notice- it's inevitable.

I'm in the beginning stages of watching this space so I'm just throwing it out there.

Both House of Mammoth and B&M have reformulated recently. To their credit, they were honest. Others have just raised prices. In the coming months, some of the brands will change just like the products in the grocery store without notice- it's inevitable.

I'm in the beginning stages of watching this space so I'm just throwing it out there.

Those 2 Soap makers reformulated to make their base better, not to reduce costs/cut quality.

Artisan soap makers costs have gone up and most of them (including your examples) are eating it.

I believe the new omnibus base from B&M is an improvement over their previous base. Will had a goal he was trying to reach, and Omnibus met that.

Top Bottom