What's new

SIXTH ANNUAL "One Blade in February" Challenge

Hi,

Day 9, shave 9, passes 17 +18, on the P74. Blood was drawn today. I had a bug bump I forgot about. The combination of the P74 and rhe double twist angle of my Fasan cut the top off that bump slicker than scum off of a swamp. But it eventually stopped and I am still here. :p

So far, so good. :)

Stan

Shave five and still alive. Two passes, no issues.

1960 F1 Fatboy
Polsilver Super Iridium blade
ToBS rose shave cream
Crystal alum stick
Thayers lavender witchhazel
Lilac Vegetal after shave

Shave 9​

Prep with cold water and Musgo Real Lime Basil soap
Cella, lathered with a Vie Long horse
Canadian Old Type with a Feather -- 2 passes, 22 total now on this blade
Speick AS

So if I were to skip a day at some point, this would be the one third mark. Still a good shave, but maybe a greater effort is required.

Will I carry on with the Old Type tomorrow, or maybe move along to a New? Haven't decided.​

Shave #9 today with the Yellow 7 O'Clock, and this was better than the past few shaves. Maybe it's the razor (I used the JAWS) - perhaps the blade likes aggressive razors, or it's just that the blade begins to shine when it has a few shaves on it. I'll know in a couple of days.

Blade: Treet Black Beauty
# of Shaves: 10
Razor: Gillette Tech head on Maggard MR5 handle
Brush: Semogue 1460 Boar
Lather: TOBS Eton College Cream
Result: Single pass. Kinda weird, but I think today was this blade's best shave yet.

Shave #9 last night. Went back to the PAA Cavendish soap, but made sure I really worked the lather in. No nicks or cuts. Nice shave, another 3 passes.

Using my beloved EJ 89 DEL and Semogue 620 with the Astra.

Promos cream smelled wonderful as always. I'm going into unchartered territory with the Astra, but it's still holding up.

Shave 8 for February, but this is shave 35 for the Super Sword-Edge. Still smooth, but I did work a little harder today probably due to the soap used. Smooth irritation free shave otherwise.

W2 Aristocrat, Feather(9), ArkoArkoArko, TGN Silvertip

Not tugging, but possibly not cutting as efficiently.
Check more tomorrow.

Ok I am 2 shaves behind. I these were shaves 5 and 6 with the Lord Platinum.

5 was with XXX and 6 was with P.160. Got a little irritation with 6 as I was in a hurry, so that is my fault and not the blade.

Shaves are still smooth otherwise and this blade is still going strong!

Fifth shave in february;

-preshave; bartex
-soap; P.160
-brush; Semogue 1520
-razor; Lord LP1822 aka L6
-blade; Captain red (5)
-splash; Brut Original

Again a DFS in two passes. Back in two days!

02-10-2015
Gillette NDC Tech, Parker 26C handle
Personna Med Prep (10)
Palmolive cream
Rubberset 400
Barbasol Brisk

Ten shaves in with the Med Prep. I got a little post shave irritation under my right jawline. Let's see what happens tomorrow.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Shave #4 with the P74, and all is well!

It was just one pass, this morning, with my bottom dial Fatboy, Muhle synthetic, and MWF. A quick finish with some alum, WH, and Stirling MITA, and I was out the door!

Shave 5 for February, shave 11 for the Gillette 7 O'Clock Black blade that I'm using. The blade was smooth and sharp, but I did get a slight bit of irritation under my right jawline. That could have been due to slightly rushing the shave.

Shave #10 on the Yellow 7 O'Clock. More irritation than yesterday.

Shaves keep oscillating between good (not excellent) and not so good (no bad shaves as yet).

Shave 6, passes 14-17, with a Gillette Platinum and Palmolive. Today's aftershave was XXX. The blade tugged once and despite a relaxing four pass shave it missed a few spots.

This is close to where I'd normally bin it, so let's see how much further before it won't give me a DFS.

Top Bottom