What's new

Single-edge cartridges

The closest thing that comes to mind is the Bic disposable.
Personally I've grown fond of the Gillette Guard as a body shaver for the shower.

I found these Bic 1 razors at a local "kinda of $.99" store. I never tried them, only picked them up because some fold here on forum say they have a hard time finding them (but prefer a single blade cartridge if they are forced to use a cartridge). I figured I'd either end up trying them some day or have an occasion to pass them on to someone who needs them. I spent about $1.30 total for 5 razors. $image.jpg

I found these Bic 1 razors at a local "kinda of $.99" store. I never tried them, only picked them up because some fold here on forum say they have a hard time finding them (but prefer a single blade cartridge if they are forced to use a cartridge). I figured I'd either end up trying them some day or have an occasion to pass them on to someone who needs them. I spent about $1.30 total for 5 razors.

Those were all I used for a time in the '80s. A Bic rep used to stop by the place where I worked and he gave me a sample. I still have a bag of those and I need to try them again.

I like the Bic Sensitive single blade disposables. They come in a orange bag with green lettering if my memory serves me.

If you don't mind hunting down vintage, look for the wilkinson bonded. The razors themselves are pretty easy to find. Refill packs are a bit more challenging.

That's interesting. What do you like about them? How do they compare to the Guard for you?

The simplicity of the Bic Metal head. It just a wonderful hair mowing machine, and nicely balanced. The Guard seems too "engineered" and is very light.

proxy.php

Top Bottom