What's new

Simpsons vs Razorrock Plissoft

Hi all, I'm deciding between getting one of the simpsons Trafalgar or the razorock plissofts. Which would be a better option ? i have sensitive skin and this would mean that i would prefer something much softer and gentler on the face with no irritation.

If you want a soft brush that splays nicely and is great for face lathering go for the Razorock. The Trafalgar is only suitable for painting lather imo, but I know that there are plenty of folk on here that like them and can force them to splay. I'm preferring smaller brushes these days and I'm seriously considering the Razorock Keyhole with a Plissoft knot that comes in at 22mm.

I just got the Razorock Bruce (24mm) and it crushes my best badger. I like to face lather and this one splays great with just enough backbone, builds ridiculous amounts of lather, and is super soft on the skin.

I am awaiting a T2 and May just sell it before trying, as I’ve heard not good for face lathering. Razorock was a very pleasant surprise.

Attachments

• 30AB14DB-ED05-4A75-A8FB-76C3738B5587.jpeg
    30AB14DB-ED05-4A75-A8FB-76C3738B5587.jpeg
    871.4 KB · Views: 31
  • 5CC30DB9-69ED-4F84-B750-EEA56AD1D7E8.jpeg
    5CC30DB9-69ED-4F84-B750-EEA56AD1D7E8.jpeg
    578.1 KB · Views: 29
If you want a soft brush that splays nicely and is great for face lathering go for the Razorock. The Trafalgar is only suitable for painting lather imo, but I know that there are plenty of folk on here that like them and can force them to splay. I'm preferring smaller brushes these days and I'm seriously considering the Razorock Keyhole with a Plissoft knot that comes in at 22mm.
I don’t know how people use anything bigger than 24mm unless they shave their legs or head. 24mm, especially with the generous loft on the Bruce is as big as I’d go. 22mm with slightly less loft would be a good option.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I bought the plain, black "barber handle" Plissoft in 2015 when they were just introduced by Italian Barber. It gets used at least 4 or 5 times a month, and after 7 years of use it is still an outstanding synthetic brush. I have a Simpson Commodore x2 with the Sovereign bristle and the Plissoft beats it hands down. I should add that the Simpsons' Platinum fibre is a whole other category, and is better than any other synth I've ever used. But the Razorock Plissoft is better than the Sovereign fibre, at least in my limited experience.

I love the Keyhole! A lot of guys think it's to floppy, but I load Arko and MWF easily and
face lather with it almost daily. The flow-through is amazing and it makes super
creamy lather. For $9.99 regular price you can't beat it. IMHO of course.

No clue on Simpson. Only got a Wee Scot. Got 2 RazoRock plissofts and sensitive skin. One's about the size of the keyhole. They're soft and feathery, but not weak. They're good with whatever but I typically use them with soft stuff like Chiseled Face or creams for weekday morning express shaves.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I personally know both Joe and Michael (zio Michele) of Italian Barber and they are wonderful guys, their grooming products are terrific, buy I have never used any RazoRock brush, so really cannot comment on them.

I also personally know Mark Waterson, an exquisite Gentleman, and I happen to know all of his brushes quite well. Simpsons synthetics are magnificent lathering tools. I'm a huge fan of both the Soverign and Platinum fibers and both perform at a very top level, even better than my much more expensive badgers. I LOVE them entirely.

Hi all, I'm deciding between getting one of the simpsons Trafalgar or the razorock plissofts. Which would be a better option ? i have sensitive skin and this would mean that i would prefer something much softer and gentler on the face with no irritation.
I first used a Plissoft and then wanted a Simpsons. I bought the Trafalgar T2 and I used it twice and put it away.
Waste of money (for me) as compared to the Plissoft's!
The Plissoft is the hands down best synthetic in terms of value.
The handles are awesome and the right size + the fibers on the knot are fantastic!
My daily is the Plissoft Disruptor which has a 22mm knot.
And my (whenever I want a bigger brush) is the Plissoft Barber which has a 24mm knot.
BTW: I like soft and the Plissoft's fit the bill!
As always though, YMMV!

If you want to try one for cheap, go to Groomatorium! (I'm assuming that you're in the USA)
Scroll down to the middle of their page and on the right, click where it says "Mega Sale",
Then on the left you filter the search by picking RazoRock as the vendor.
Then find the Disruptor!
They have it for $5.99
I bought two of them as spares a few months ago and paired my order with some other clearance items I found.
Their shipping is cheap and they're an excellent vendor!
Good Luck,
LRod

I have the regular Razorock Bruce with 24mm knot. I think that fits what you are looking for better than the Trafalgar. IMO the 24mm is a good size for face lathering, personally I don't think I'd want to go bigger than that.

I actually just bought the RazoRock Bruce 24mm Plissoft brush. I am currently using a Simpsons Trafalgar T2 I believe it’s 24mm as well.

While I do like the T2 very much I was wanting a little less backbone as I found it a bit too stiff. I’ve only test lathered once with the Bruce but it’s going to work well for me. The tips are very soft and it splays enough so I can face lather. The T2 took more effort to get it to splay.

Here’s a photo of them both. The handle on the Bruce is slightly taller but the bristles are longer which I think helps it being able to splay more.

A9E09F55-C00E-45A0-887C-D3E407D5B98E.jpeg

Top Bottom