What's new

Simpsons in horn / ivory?

Are there any Simpsons brushes with horn or ivory handles?

I may be interested in a Super like this (but hate to think what an ivory-handled Super would cost :eek: )

Cheers
Ivo

Got two of them now....:biggrin:
Makes my number of ivory brushes three: one Kent, one Mark Cross, one unknown, although some think that the billiard ivory could have been made by Simpsons: TGS sold exactly the same brush (made by Simpsons) a few years ago for
GBP 800,- if i remember well...
Wait, got a fourth one: made from Mammoth ivory.....

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Mastro Livi makes mammoth-ivory brushes; I have no idea what bristle-heads he uses, though.

I really liked the billiard ball one, not for the ivory though, just the look of the thing.

If it wouldn't have been genuine ivory, i wouldn't have paid one single $ 0.01 for it. The billiard ball has a beautiful patina and striation and it's completely flawless. It's much more beautiful than my ivory Kent billiard ball.

Ivory is one of the most, if not the most beautiful materials used for shaving brush handles imo. Nothing can beat if, not even horn.

BTW: my mammoth ivory brush is from Mastro Livi: but it's not a "crust ivory" though: these are even too rich for my blood.....:biggrin:

I can imagine it would look pretty good in some nice wood as well. Then there's stone, but I bet that would make it much too heavy (unless you made it hollow with just a thin layer of stone, and that might be too fragile.

Yeah, I know the ML brushes - but I guess I should have said I am mostly interested in the Supers, or the old-type Best Badger

Cheers
Ivo

Top Bottom