What's new

Simpsons Emperor 2 3-Band First Impressions

I waited all day until my Emperor 2 to come in. First impressions was the handle was tall and hefty. It fits my fingers better than my Berkeley. And it's just as maneuverable. The loft has very light colored tips and is spot on as advertised. Shocking, right?

Loading my Haslinger Sandalwood, the hair feels dryer. I think it'll hold more water. The hair is slightly denser with a little more backbone. It took less time to load, but the same to lather.

The Emperor felt stiffer than the Berkeley, but the taller loft means it flexes more which I like for bowl lathering. While I saw more lather in the bowl, the Emperor prefers to release most of the lather on my face. Unlike the Berkeley, the lather stays around the tips and avoids squirting out the base of the knot.

The 3-band super badger has softer tips than my Berkeley Best Badger. It's all scrub and no priceless. But It's not 3 times better. However, this is the first badger I've bought that lost zero hairs on the first shave. I just had little clippings fall into my soaking cup.

Just trying to justify the extra money over the Berkeley or the other badgers I've bought. Overall, its a slight upgrade. I think Simpsons is good all around the price range.

Thanks for helping me get over some buyers remorse despite researching it for my needs. I will learn to stop worrying and enjoy the brush. It is a nice looking brush.

Simpsons Emperor in Super badger, nothing to have buyer's remorse over, I've been eyeing one of those myself even though I have similar brushes by Simpson in best.

Update: The Emperor 2 absorbed more water on shave 2. It also made more lather. It's breaking in faster than my Berkeley which took at least 2 months to loosen a little.

Top Bottom