What's new

Simpson vs. Vulfix - Quality/Price Differences

Happy Sunday all!

i have a couple of smaller Simpsons that I love (Specials in Pure and Best) but want something a bit bigger in Best or better.

I have been looking at the Simpson’s Commodore X2 and Colonel X2L and maybe a Duke 2 if I decide to spend a bit more. These brushes are in the $60-100US range in Canada.

I recently saw the Vulfix 376s in Super and it is only about $50US. Bigger brush, Super vs Best, less $$$ and the same parent company.

I am seriously leaning towards the Vulfix but wanted to get some advise from you fine folks before pulling the trigger.

Can any of you offer any thoughts, recommendations, pros and cons based on the above?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I have Commodore X2 and vulfix 660 super badger. I also had a vulfix 2234 which is similar you the 660 but with a solid resin handle.

The Simpson Best is the same as vulfix super.

The Simpson is a lot more dense than vulfix, which is not a dense knot (but I enjoy its splay).

Overall, Simpson is much more premium than vulfix. I'd definitely recommend Simpson over vulfix.

Not sure if they're all like this (I've tried a couple Vulfix supers), but the Vulfix brushes will probably be a lot floppier and have less backbone than the Simpsons options. Better for bowl-lathering softer products, but if you're a face-latherer it might not have what you're looking for.

Top Bottom