What's new

Simpson Trafalgar T2 ..... first shave.

Good Evening Gentlemen ..... I just finished my first shave with my brand new Simpson
Trafalgar T2 brush, and, to be honest, I had no pre-conceived opinion. I've read many
different opinions about this brush, but convinced myself to remain open and objective.
So, ..... here's the deal. Pretty freaking impressive ! Face lathered with Barrister & Mann
Seville, the brush delivered the perfect blend of softness in the tips, lovely backbone, easy
maintaining enough luxurious lather for three smooth passes, and a pretty perfect handle
balanced comfort feel. Yes, it is a small brush, but thanks to the engineers at Simpsons,
it is pretty darn perfect. A sublime combination of balance, face feel, lather competence,
smooth facial stroke harmony, and all around happiness. Thank You Simpson Trafalgar !!!!!

Last edited:
691FCA5E-7E76-49D6-88F3-2BE75D8F5C04.jpeg

Must say Simpson nailed it with this one.
Great brush at a most reasonable price.

Nice review. Did you find yourself fighting to keep it open once splayed? I have been eyeballing this very brush but am concerned about the low loft.

Following these Simpson synthetic posts, my T2 and CH2 synthetics are due to arrive Wednesday, I got them the last day of the sale from WCS.

Good Evening Gentlemen ..... I just finished my first shave with my brand new Simpson
Trafalgar T2 brush, and, to be honest, I had no pre-conceived opinion. I've read many
different opinions about this brush, but convinced myself to remain open and objective.
So, ..... here's the deal. Pretty freaking impressive ! Face lathered with Barrister & Mann
Seville, the brush delivered the perfect blend of softness in the tips, lovely backbone, easy
maintaining enough luxurious lather for three smooth passes, and a pretty perfect handle
balanced comfort feel. Yes, it is a small brush, but thanks to the engineers at Simpsons,
it is pretty darn perfect. A sublime combination of balance, face feel, lather competence,
smooth facial stroke harmony, and all around happiness. Thank You Simpson Trafalgar !!!!!

Yep, I have a T3 and love it. The only better Synthetic I have is the Omega Evo, and the only reason I say it's better is that it feels more like a natural bristle brush. But really, is that a legitimate success metric? Is "good" a function of "good" or a function of "feels like a Badger". Because at some point the difference is moot.

The Trafalgar is the very definition of: "Good enough to never want more." I suspect the Simpsons people set out with that in mind.

Second shave ..... La Toja stick, face lathered with the Simpson Trafalgar 2.
I was really surprised with this combination, as it was a wonderful experience, and this
tandem seems to be ideal. The blending of the brush's short loft, soft tips, nice backbone,
great ability to create and maintain a luxurious lather, and terrific balance in my right hand .....
everything worked in harmony to allow for a smooth supple sublime shave. Very nice indeed !
My Timeless Bronze razor with a Gillette Nacet blade really got along well with the face lathered
La Toja, and allowed for a BBS result with zero irritation. A rare morning shave for me (as I usually
shave in the evening), and a lovely way to start my day.

Last edited:

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Is there anyone who could post a side-by-side photo of a Trafalgar T2 and a Duke 2, please?

First T2 use. I face lathered some Salter Wild Rose cream. At first the brush felt like any other synthetic but as I built the lather it felt more like a nice badger. Built great lather and wasn't sure about the Rose cream but really like it, I used more than was necessary and will have this for a long time. The pot is bigger than anticipated.

Top Bottom