What's new

Simpson Duke 3 Best vs Duke 2 Super

I have a question to add to this as I am also looking at a potential Duke 3 or Chubby 2. Does anyone know the diameter on the smallest part of the handle on a Duke 3? I cant find any information on this online as I have a Duke 2 and it feels a little small in the hand at 31mm.

Thanks!

I have a question to add to this as I am also looking at a potential Duke 3 or Chubby 2. Does anyone know the diameter on the smallest part of the handle on a Duke 3? I cant find any information on this online as I have a Duke 2 and it feels a little small in the hand at 31mm.

Thanks!

You may want to take a look at The Superior Shave, if you haven't already. Jarrod takes pictures of all of his Simpsons stock and usually posts detailed measurements. You will probably get a good sense of how large the Duke 3 is in comparison to the size 2.

I also found some Simpson handle measurements posted at Em's Place here. Maybe that will help.

Yep. I like Simpson's best. For me the perfect balance of scritch and softness. Current rotation is small (Duke 2 and Simpson's 57, both in best). Got rid of everything else!

Duke 3 in best!! No need for further thought. Simpsons "Super" is a ruse; IMHO, it is not better than their Best.

+1. Simpson's best is best for me. Top dog in my den is my Duke 2 in best. For me this is the right size knot (face lather soaps only). I also use a Simpson's 57 also best, which has a similar knot but slightly longer handle. YMMV of course but besi is best IMO.

Duke 3 in best!! No need for further thought. Simpsons "Super" is a ruse; IMHO, it is not better than their Best.

+1. Simpson's best is best for me. Top dog in my den is my Duke 2 in best. For me this is the right size knot (face lather soaps only). I also use a Simpson's 57 also best, which has a similar knot but slightly longer handle. YMMV of course but best is best IMO.

Top Bottom