What's new

Silver Star DE razor blades

I found these wich ive never seen here in aus before...silver star blades...they are super cheap $9 aud total (including postage) cheapest blades ive seen...out of impulse i purschased them the guy only had a 100 pack of them....how do they shave are they any good? Should turn up in a week or under....

Last edited by a moderator:
Are they new? Or old? I'm guessing they are old. If so, old blades generally are bad news, at any price. The cutting edges deteriorate. If you get 'em, please let us know how they shave.

IMG_3012.JPG Do these look like the Silver Stars you bought? I found these in a blade bank from a New Standard set I bought a couple years ago. I don't think they are from the 20s like the razor but 100% sure they are vintage.

New they are red have a silver star with silver star on the packet..i cant upload a pic as my phone is being crazy atm

proxy.php

Made in Egypt by the well-known Lord Razor company
Excellent blades. Very sharp. Do a search for discussion of this blade here on B+B.
Many people like them. Thats a good price.

The razor blades which @zoul references is a different company. Date from the late 1940's and were made by a U.S. company. Their slogan was "The blade your face can't feel."

Last edited:
My favourite blade from the Lord factory
I get mine on eBay from India - export versions made in Egypt which are exactly the same except for the packaging
20170102_112457.jpg

Ahhh i will do :) thank you..i cant wait....well i can but you know...lol:letterk1:
I recently was put onto these blades. They are really, really good. I am still testing their longevity, but they are easily good for seven shaves, and maybe a lot more. They are blades at the top of my heap, along with Polsilver SI and Gillette Nacet. I also like Rapira Platinum Lux. The latter are reliable but rarely good for more than six shaves. I've gotten 30 shaves out of a Polsilver SI paired to aRazoRock German 37!
Silver Starts are a great price currently. Some believe that they are Lord's best blade. I find them sharp, and smooth in every razor I've tried them in, with the possible exception of the PAA Bakelite slant which only seems to like Astra SP and one member reports Gillette Seven O'clock.

image.jpeg And here they are ( i gave a packet to grandad he collects razors )... When the fixed 4 ends i will be trying these out...if i like them...i found another person who has alot more so ill be buying a Few hundred..i hope they are good they are so cheap!

...if i like them...i found another person who has alot more so ill be buying a Few hundred..
My last lovely Silver Star kept going for 28 great shaves (plus a 29th that wasn't the best).
Are you expecting the SHAVEAPOCALYPSE? :letterk1:

Thats one thing ive been reading is that they last for many shaves...lets see if i can get 1 month per blade...o_o...that could net me around 8 and a bit years..that would be insane not to mention cheap per shave on already cheap razors...will find out in the next couple of days what these babies can do... i like most of LORDS blades they make good quality blades at nice prices im fond Of sharks asco orange lord classic and racers... All cheap and good for me

Thats one thing ive been reading is that they last for many shaves...lets see if i can get 1 month per blade...o_o...that could net me around 8 and a bit years..that would be insane not to mention cheap per shave on already cheap razors...will find out in the next couple of days what these babies can do... i like most of LORDS blades they make good quality blades at nice prices im fond Of sharks asco orange lord classic and racers... All cheap and good for me
Really great blades.

Hmm. I am very fond of sharks and asco orange.
Have not tried lord classic or racers.
Am not fond of big bens, lord platinum or lord chrome.

Would be interested in your opinion once you have tried these.

mmm this xmas cake my girlfriends nan made is amazing...sorry lol..as for the racers they are ymmv dude...i may like them but you may not...i like big bens...have not tried the chrome yet...id say get a pack of racers and try them out they shouldnt be expensive they are one of the cheaper blades...i will do a honest review 1st of next month and try to explain the entire shave what i felt how smooth it was how close if i had any burn etc :)

mmm this xmas cake my girlfriends nan made is amazing...sorry lol..as for the racers they are ymmv dude...i may like them but you may not...i like big bens...have not tried the chrome yet...id say get a pack of racers and try them out they shouldnt be expensive they are one of the cheaper blades...i will do a honest review 1st of next month and try to explain the entire shave what i felt how smooth it was how close if i had any burn etc :)

My issue is that it would cost me less to get 100 racers and 100 silver stars than to get a tuck of each.

Ridiculous.

Thanks to the comments here I ordered some Silver Stars and just tried one today. Wow, that is one sharp blade. Also, one cheap blade.

Top Bottom