What's new

Show us your PETS.

Max can always get up but can rarely get down without assistance.

E6F19D4C-AF40-44FC-9B72-4C58ACCB1E9F_1_105_c.jpeg

This is Reilly.

We had him (and he had us) for 13 years before having to say goodbye this month. Reilly was diagnosed with Lymphoma on April 12th. Not wanting him to suffer, we arranged for him to pass away comfortably in his own bed in his own home the next day on April 13th.

Needless to say this has been a rough month. Reilly is the last of four Labrador Retrievers that have spanned the last 20 years. Each time we had to say goodbye, there was always a Lab there to comfort us in our grief.

This one hurts especially because we have no dog to comfort us any longer.

Some might say "Oh, you need to get a dog". But, we've been through this 4 times now having to make that decision. Each of our dogs went peacefully at home or in the outdoors as a Vet attended to the particulars that make them comfortable. And each one of our dogs had their faces held as we looked into their eyes through our own tears to say those words "We love you and we will see you again".

Rest in Peace my Boy.

9208.jpeg

IMG_3184.jpg

17425904_1778975735752596_8409871099276665840_n.jpg

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
This is Reilly.

We had him (and he had us) for 13 years before having to say goodbye this month. Reilly was diagnosed with Lymphoma on April 12th. Not wanting him to suffer, we arranged for him to pass away comfortably in his own bed in his own home the next day on April 13th.

Needless to say this has been a rough month. Reilly is the last of four Labrador Retrievers that have spanned the last 20 years. Each time we had to say goodbye, there was always a Lab there to comfort us in our grief.

Some might say "Oh, you need to get a dog". But, we've been through this 4 times now having to make that decision. Each of our dogs went peacefully at home or in the outdoors as a Vet attended to the particulars that make them comfortable. And each one of our dogs had their faces held as we looked into their eyes through our own tears to say those words "We love you and we will see you again".

Rest in Peace my Boy.

View attachment 1450137

View attachment 1450140

View attachment 1450141

First, I'm sorry to hear about your loss. What a beautiful pup! What a blessing. You'll have great memories because of him.

This is Reilly.

Rest in Peace my Boy.
My heart goes out to you, sir. When my wife and I had to make that decision for a cat we had, it was tantamount to losing a family member. It was many years ago when we lived in an apartment where dogs were not allowed. We got a cat. I never quite cared for those things. I got attached to that animal in ways I couldn't fathom. She was sweet and affectionate. Terrible day. So, for you having been through it, you know there will come a day when you can say his name with a smile on your face and love in your heart.

This is Reilly.

Rest in Peace my Boy.

View attachment 1450137

View attachment 1450140

View attachment 1450141
I am truly sorry to hear of your loss. Within the past 8 months, we have lost a 19 year old Doxie and a 17 year old Doxie. It is not easy saying goodbye. But we stayed with them to comfort them until the end also.

We have one dog left. She is a 7 year old Bully and her name is Ellie.

18441533-6A5F-4016-A9C7-486812E2DAB9.jpeg

Maggie and Kesso. You'll know who's who, haha.
20200808_225459.jpg

20201213_153054.jpg

She really sits like that, she's funny. And we call it his old man sweater. He's 12 and he gets cold.

Maggie has really brought out his young spirit again. He had a perennial hernia in 2018. And he was so much more calm after that. He didn't want to play much. He would still get happy when we would get home from work. But otherwise, he was mostly lounging.

Until we brought Maggie home, he didn't like her at first, but they're inseparable now.
20200413_012607.jpg

Finn and Rey. He's bigger and darker. They are rescues. He's older, but we wonder if he might be a half brother, as they were sold as a bonded pair. They usually aren't quite this affectionate, which is why I took the pic. They look and act like Russian Blues, so we say they are, since Russian Blues are a landrace. He's a big doofus that lives for food. She is a haughty princess that lives for toys (but only playing with the toy she wants, when she wants, how she wants). She is very cautious, and almost never sits beside you, let alone on you. Most times you can't even pat her, not aggressive, just very cautious. (you might be a Doberman, you know). Finn doesn't come around to sit on you, but more often will sit near you. However, if you pick him up, he is quite happy to loll in your arms. We figure he likes the height, so he can keep an eye out for food).
1652206492981.jpeg

Pepper, a retired Vizsla baby mama, today, shortly after we adopted her, and meeting two of her boys from the 2nd and 6th litters.

Attachments

• 5B181396-00EC-498F-853E-DC839902CD9D.jpeg
    5B181396-00EC-498F-853E-DC839902CD9D.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 33
  • E13DEBBE-D746-44CC-BCA4-7229D2300352.jpeg
    E13DEBBE-D746-44CC-BCA4-7229D2300352.jpeg
    345.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 3FA466A9-B0B5-4C10-A8AB-C47744E566B3.jpeg
    3FA466A9-B0B5-4C10-A8AB-C47744E566B3.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 32
Newest addition to the clan. Just rescued this lil guy from a meth house. All 10 other dogs were picked up and rescued as well... but this lil goober is ours! Born May 11 (supposedly) so right at 2 months. The name is still up in the air although we are leaning towards Duke...

Attachments

• 20220707_100209_HDR.jpg
    20220707_100209_HDR.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 22

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Newest addition to the clan. Just rescued this lil guy from a meth house. All 10 other dogs were picked up and rescued as well... but this lil goober is ours! Born May 11 (supposedly) so right at 2 months. The name is still up in the air although we are leaning towards Duke...
He is heart tuggingly gorgeous. But I think Duke is not cute enough..... Maybe Lovey?

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy

Well done! Cute pup! So much love. That picture...it looks like he should get a kiss on the head.

Top Bottom