What's new

Show us your PETS.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Here is Shadow at 10 weeks and 13 weeks old. He isn’t the little poof ball any more. In 3 weeks he went from 2.8 to 3.75 pounds.
Still sleeping (about the only time that I can get a picture of him).
View attachment 997605 View attachment 997606
How this one has grown- a 14 pounder. Here he is with our 9 pound female tabby, and his little 4 pound buddy.

E90A5B7A-0861-4B83-8D14-95E02B2C6F1A.jpeg
9F3C6E13-890A-4026-8073-2B8F1201F9C6.jpeg

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
The dog isn’t mine. I will forever deny that. Also, gotten a bit fat since his glamour shot. The cat is an outside cat that has been hanging around since it was a kitten. It was hiding out in the neighbors tree one night. Then finally came down and we started feeding it. Now it won’t leave. So it likes to visit when I’m out in the pasture.

A7F80F86-4CB0-4DAA-9D00-E26188210BA0.jpeg

2F2B45B5-0BD5-41C3-AF9F-7ECEB265FCEC.jpeg

3B794541-C9F5-4561-ACD6-D177E9989DD1.jpeg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Here is Shadow at 10 weeks and 13 weeks old. He isn’t the little poof ball any more. In 3 weeks he went from 2.8 to 3.75 pounds.
Still sleeping (about the only time that I can get a picture of him).
View attachment 997605 View attachment 997606
If there is ANYTHING cuter than a baby cat I'll be hanged if I know what it is!

Here are mine: much older, but still decent creatures.
This one is a girl and is so gentle and loving, guarding the rotten tomatoes. She's really good for nothing besides affection. Catches houseflies but not mice:
IMG_20210908_161500823~2.jpg

And this is the male that is mostly white as snow and thinks he's a snow leopard, loving, a GREAT mouser, but enjoys letting me know that he's in charge every week or so to keep my blood pressure up:
IMG_20210908_161504882~2.jpg

Here he is wondering if it will be more enjoyable scaring me by jumping into the row as I walk past him, or play attacking his poor little "sister?" He actually decided to do both, the Satan Spawn!
But they both saved my life on separate occasions, so I put up with their shenanigans, as the last 6 years have been... mostly above average.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
There’s just something interesting about cats hanging out outside. We always seem to think of them as inside pets. Unless of course they are farm cats, but honestly that’s unusual to see these days. I kinda enjoy having the cat hanging around outside. I walk out in the pasture and it will start meowing before I even see it and then run up on me like here I am!! Pet me!! It has even left a few dead mice on the cabin porch out there. Presents. Gee thanks!

FarmerTan

There’s just something interesting about cats hanging out outside. We always seem to think of them as inside pets. Unless of course they are farm cats, but honestly that’s unusual to see these days. I kinda enjoy having the cat hanging around outside. I walk out in the pasture and it will start meowing before I even see it and then run up on me like here I am!! Pet me!! It has even left a few dead mice on the cabin porch out there. Presents. Gee thanks!
Yes, my Satan Spawn prefers the outdoor life, unless it's VERY cold. But both the brats spend the night outside.

I've had several barn cats over the years that were indoor/outdoor cats. And all of the males love to lie in wait to spring out from the weeds and scare me! Never (until this cat) bit me, just pounce and run. It's a hobby. This latest boy is just a tiny bit feral. He even walks like a tiger. Always trying to be majestic, takes himself very seriously. You don't dare laugh at him. He's just like me; unless I'm joking around looking for laughs, I don't appreciate jokes at someone's expense. Especially not us males, human or feline with fragile egos!

I never had any cat live inside either at my parents place when i was younger or even mine, ive only really considered them as outside pets.. also helps keep the birds off my fruit trees :biggrin1:

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Yes, my Satan Spawn prefers the outdoor life, unless it's VERY cold. But both the brats spend the night outside.

I've had several barn cats over the years that were indoor/outdoor cats. And all of the males love to lie in wait to spring out from the weeds and scare me! Never (until this cat) bit me, just pounce and run. It's a hobby. This latest boy is just a tiny bit feral. He even walks like a tiger. Always trying to be majestic, takes himself very seriously. You don't dare laugh at him. He's just like me; unless I'm joking around looking for laughs, I don't appreciate jokes at someone's expense. Especially not us males, human or feline with fragile egos!

That’s funny. This cat has a doghouse with straw in it he sleeps in. All through the winter he was outside. Only cat I’ve ever known that cuddles up in a doghouse at night.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I think sometimes he goes in the cabin but only when someone lets him in. He doesn’t have unrestricted access. If someone doesn’t let him in then he can’t get in or out. But he absolutely does not ever come in the main yard where the dog is. They have a mutual understanding. The main yard is the Dog, the pasture is the Cat.

FarmerTan

I think sometimes he goes in the cabin but only when someone lets him in. He doesn’t have unrestricted access. If someone doesn’t let him in then he can’t get in or out. But he absolutely does not ever come in the main yard where the dog is. They have a mutual understanding. The main yard is the Dog, the pasture is the Cat.
It's hilarious how they just "get it."

I figger they can't tattle on each other to "Mom!" LOL.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
It's hilarious how they just "get it."

I figger they can't tattle on each other to "Mom!" LOL.
Ha! Yeah for sure. It helps that the dog has an invisible fence around the whole yard. So he can’t go in the pasture unless he wants a terrible shock. He’s learned his boundaries and the cat has learned his boundaries too. The cat knows he cant come out there so that’s where the cat hangs out.

FarmerTan

Ha! Yeah for sure. It helps that the dog has an invisible fence around the whole yard. So he can’t go in the pasture unless he wants a terrible shock. He’s learned his boundaries and the cat has learned his boundaries too. The cat knows he cant come out there so that’s where the cat hangs out.
Sounds a little bit like the DMZ between North and South Korea!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
If there is ANYTHING cuter than a baby cat I'll be hanged if I know what it is!

Here are mine: much older, but still decent creatures.
This one is a girl and is so gentle and loving, guarding the rotten tomatoes. She's really good for nothing besides affection. Catches houseflies but not mice:
View attachment 1325136
And this is the male that is mostly white as snow and thinks he's a snow leopard, loving, a GREAT mouser, but enjoys letting me know that he's in charge every week or so to keep my blood pressure up:
View attachment 1325138
Here he is wondering if it will be more enjoyable scaring me by jumping into the row as I walk past him, or play attacking his poor little "sister?" He actually decided to do both, the Satan Spawn!
But they both saved my life on separate occasions, so I put up with their shenanigans, as the last 6 years have been... mostly above average.
Kitties are the best

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Sounds a little bit like the DMZ between North and South Korea!
Haha! Exactly. You should have been here when the cat was a kitten. My ole truck is parked just outside of the Invisible Fence. That is where the cat lived half it’s life. Under my truck taunting the dog. Then it realized hey…I got this whole pasture?…and that was that.

Top Bottom