What's new

show me your combs and brushes :)

Here are mine :

* Kent mini OT

I mainly used this one from 2013 to 2016 included. Now i only use it when i do a self haircut.

When it's brand new, it looks like that :

* Tek mini combs

Since 2018 to nowadays, i've been only using these two to brush my hair everyday :

- handmade in 🇮🇹 (forza !)

- made in pure ash tree wood (from controlled forest cultivation): very robust, anti-static, it also does not damage your scalp & your hair

Nice, love Kent and Chicago combs

Those Tek ones I seen this lady YouTuber rave about and she's got really nice long hair and her YouTube channel.is like a beauty type of channel too so no coincidence that she recommends those Tek combs

When I did look at Tek combs and brushes when I stumbled across her vids they seemed to cost a fair bit, how much did you pay for hours? Are they good?

I have no head hair, but I have a combs for my mustache and chin whiskers. I have the Cremo sandalwood comb in the car. It's been important particularly during the pandemic to deal with mask mustache. For my morning grooming I use an old Avon brand mustache comb that came with some Wild Country body soap (it does NOT make a good shave soap). It is actually perfect for my morning groom. The teeth are perfectly spaced for my whiskers. It's almost like it was made for me.
wild_country_soap_and_comb.jpg

Nice, I've got a few Kent combs including that slim Jim it's a really good comb for it's size surprisingly

Good as a travel comb but I prefer the folding Kent ones I recently got bit the one in the middle of your pic as it keeps any dirt/dust away from the actual comb

Not heard of those brands, where they from? Any good?
Sauvecito is a pomade brand but they have nice accessories like their combs.

(...)
When I did look at Tek combs and brushes when I stumbled across her vids they seemed to cost a fair bit, how much did you pay for hours? Are they good?

I probably bought them on a vegan website, but i cannot remember which one... I paid around 10€ for the thick teeth one & i believe between 12€-15€ for the thin teeth one.
But they are really small ones : 10 cm for the thick one & around 11 cm for the thin one. You may find these models too small if you are used to regular sized combs... You can find some models of this brand with regular size, of course.

They are really good ! The wood feels totally different compared to acetate, métal & even natural horn. To me, it is much smoother & it does not irritate the scalp.

But the thin teeth models have a weak point, to me : although the ash tree wood is a very resistant one, the thin teeth will be more fragile than thin teeth made in metal, acetate & natural horn.

So if you have straight hair with no health issue, that will be ok. All you have to do is to find a good & protective case/holder.

If you have curly hair or hair with health issues, like knoted hair (not sure that's the good english term), it could cause some splinters on the thin teeth.

No problem at all with the thick teeth model.

Reactions: saj
hey so what combs and brushes you lot using at the moment?

absolutely love my chicago combs obviously not affliated but thee do defo beat the kent combs which are amazing too

anyone know of any brushes that are not boar brushes?

btw ive got a horse hair brush but was wondering if anyone know why people dont use badger as hair brushes?
ive never really seen any and their always used as shaving brushes though,

hey so guys i have to say the chicago combs are awesome, the best with kent in close second best

bene using chicago combs for a while and i love them, i got different ones like the two afro picks which are amazing

i got the chicago pet comb from amazon.com so got delivered from the states,
if youve got a decent size beard this is a must have

Alright, I gave in and ordered a pair of Chicago combs, a #1 and a #2.
cool, i dont have the 1 and 2

look good though, i know they offer different materials of combs and they cost much more but does make me think how good those are compared to the standrd carbon fibre combs

I'm looking forward to trying them out. The 2 will replace a small bamboo comb I have for my beard, at least some of the time. And the 1 will replace the $2 plastic comb I've been using on my hair for ages.

Aside from the bamboo beard comb, I've never really used "good" combs, but that bamboo is much better than the cheap plastic ones.

Top Bottom